PDA

View Full Version : VIX for Dreambox 800se

Tyler
19-01-13, 22:05
Hi Guys,

Any chance of making an image for dreambox 800se:angel:

Mr. Mister
19-01-13, 22:17
I very much doubt that there will ever be an image for any DM..

Tyler
19-01-13, 22:19
why mate?
its the best image around

Larry-G
19-01-13, 22:23
primarily because we only support genuine hardware and none of the team have any units to test the image on.

That said we did produce a small run of ViX 2.3 DM images but for the above reasons they were never released, now there deleted.

Tyler
19-01-13, 22:26
i wish that ye would reconsider.
any chance of an update of the dreamboxuk image

Larry-G
19-01-13, 22:31
i wish that ye would reconsider.
any chance of an update of the dreamboxuk image

without the team having hardware to test the image on first no it's never going to happen, and we would not even consider releasing a image that we have not even tried our selves first, this is the exact same for a few other boxes too such as the gigablue solo.

as for dreamboxuk that's rossi's image and he has discontinued it.

Tyler
19-01-13, 22:40
mate, is there any other image that has softcam on the image as i found it difficult to load, on other images for the 800se

Larry-G
19-01-13, 22:42
no idea mate, i have not used a DM since i boxed up my old DM7020 SI 2 years ago a retired to to the loft.

Tyler
19-01-13, 22:43
thanks for response

manicscrewdriver
19-01-13, 22:49
Powerboard VX still has emus on the download/plugin server from the blue button.

It only supports genuine DM800se and Ferrari SIM boxes. No support for the SIM2.01.

Its a good solid image that works well.

Nano

Tyler
19-01-13, 22:58
Where can I find that image mate? Is the image based on pli ?
Box is genuine.

manicscrewdriver
19-01-13, 23:03
Google Powerboard VX, You should find it.

I have it on my Gigablue 800 HD Solo, its a cracking image which is very stable indeed. It appears to be more like OpenMIPS rather than OpenPli if i'm honest :thumbsup:

22758 22756 22757

22761 22759 22762

22760 22763 22764

Rob van der Does
20-01-13, 06:58
LOL, I see my good old Magic-EHD skin in your screenshot. So it's still alive!

manicscrewdriver
20-01-13, 12:34
Yes still alive. Its clean and does what it needs to so i'm happy to use it :D

guff daddy
26-04-13, 12:33
If anyone's interested the closest image to VIX for the DM series is definitely OpenATV (used to be Open AAF) - I installed it on my DM800HD and am very impressed. As they're part of the OE-Alliance they've obviously taken a great deal of the look and feel of the VIX image - including OnDemand, AutoBouquetMaker, the Graphical EPG etc. - the only plugin I needed to install was CrossEPG (can't think why it isn't installed by default).

There are only a couple of drawbacks - the Image Backup doesn't work (as it's coded for boxes which update from USB, not .nfi files) and also I can't get my Nova-T DTT stick working. However, I can't get the DTT working in ANY new image (either OE2.0 or OpenPli3.0) on this box - and I've tried a few...

So - if you want VIX on a Dreambox , try it out...

Rob van der Does
26-04-13, 15:26
If anyone's interested the closest image to VIX for the DM series is definitely OpenATV (used to be Open AAF) - I installed it on my DM800HD and am very impressed. As they're part of the OE-Alliance they've obviously taken a great deal of the look and feel of the VIX image - .....
That's were you're wrong: the OE-alliance shares the Open Embedded (build environment) and several plugins. But Enigma2 (i.e. the user interface) is a development of each team, without any involvement of other teams.

guff daddy
26-04-13, 17:10
That's were you're wrong: the OE-alliance shares the Open Embedded (build environment) and several plugins. But Enigma2 (i.e. the user interface) is a development of each team, without any involvement of other teams.
My mistake then - but it is VERY similar to VIX, compared to DM800 images from other teams (and I've probably tried 20+ different images in the last couple of years...)

guff daddy
04-05-13, 19:34
If anyone's interested the closest image to VIX for the DM series is definitely OpenATV (used to be Open AAF) - I installed it on my DM800HD and am very impressed. As they're part of the OE-Alliance they've obviously taken a great deal of the look and feel of the VIX image - including OnDemand, AutoBouquetMaker, the Graphical EPG etc. - the only plugin I needed to install was CrossEPG (can't think why it isn't installed by default).

There are only a couple of drawbacks - the Image Backup doesn't work (as it's coded for boxes which update from USB, not .nfi files) and also I can't get my Nova-T DTT stick working. However, I can't get the DTT working in ANY new image (either OE2.0 or OpenPli3.0) on this box - and I've tried a few...

So - if you want VIX on a Dreambox , try it out...

Just an update for anyone interested - both the Image Backup and DTT are now working - great image!