PDA

View Full Version : Boot up time ?

mmcmedia
23-09-10, 16:10
Right how long does or should it take a vu duo to boot up into a channel from turning it on at the plug or doing a restart in the menu

pooface
23-09-10, 16:13
Depends on the image you're using, plugins you've installed, whether a crypted channel of fta...

On VIX image, with hardly any plugins installed, I get BBC1 show up in 1min 20seconds roughly...

cryptic x
23-09-10, 16:25
Depends on the image you're using, plugins you've installed, whether a crypted channel of fta...

On VIX image, with hardly any plugins installed, I get BBC1 show up in 1min 20seconds roughly...

mine takes about 10 mins on d/e image

mmcmedia
23-09-10, 17:07
the only reason i ask i cus mine takes about 3-4 mins from boot to channel i got vti image but when i do a restart via menu it just sticks at starting......... for ages if have to turn it of & on at the plug it takes about 10-15 time to get it to boot and last time i installed a image i didt a factory reset then tried to flash image via usb wouldnt have none of it ended up doin it via rs232 i think ill sent it back to supplier

thanx chaps

grtmoby
23-09-10, 17:17
do u a hdd or usb connected to ur box, what about a lan connection.

try to disconnect all these present and do a reboot, how long will it take

Past2Present
23-09-10, 17:28
I think, maby it has also a lot to do with the epg importer adjustements, due to the recent replies.

grtmoby
23-09-10, 17:34
one more thing, if u have epgimport installed, does it have the option to standby after restart set to enabled.

mmcmedia
23-09-10, 20:34
one more thing, if u have epgimport installed, does it have the option to standby after restart set to enabled.

yes it adds startuptostandy with satmate epg

grtmoby
23-09-10, 20:35
yes it adds startuptostandy with satmate epg

make sure it is disabled

mmcmedia
23-09-10, 20:36
do u a hdd or usb connected to ur box, what about a lan connection.

try to disconnect all these present and do a reboot, how long will it take

yes ive got a internal sata hdd connected if i disconnect it , it still does the same this was one of the 1st things i tried and i have a tplink usb lan connection

grtmoby
23-09-10, 20:38
have u tried with the usb lan disconnected, will this make any improvements

Past2Present
23-09-10, 20:43
It`s better to remove the epg plugin and then see if the box boot in a normal time.

pooface
23-09-10, 20:46
the only reason i ask i cus mine takes about 3-4 mins from boot to channel i got vti image but when i do a restart via menu it just sticks at starting......... for ages if have to turn it of & on at the plug it takes about 10-15 time to get it to boot and last time i installed a image i didt a factory reset then tried to flash image via usb wouldnt have none of it ended up doin it via rs232 i think ill sent it back to supplier

thanx chaps

Reading that... When you turn off the box, wait about 1 minute, and then turn it on. This should make it start ok. With these linux e2 boxes (dm800/vu duo), I've found I need to wait a while before turning power back on after turning it of...

satmanbasil
23-09-10, 21:44
Hi mate

If anything like the kathrein it was always advised to wait 30 sec before powering up again

regards
satmanbasil