PDA

View Full Version : Flashing the Solo2

Rob van der Does
19-01-13, 06:18
The Solo2 can also be flashed from the internal HDD. If a flashable image is present on the HDD, the box will flash that, even though the VFD reports 'reading USB'.

This has already lead to much confusion.
As the HDD can't always be reached, it would be wise never to have an image on the HDD. Several images (AFAIK most PLi-based images using the so-called 'backup suite') always make a spare copy of the image backup on the HDD. So best make a habit of removing any images from the HDD.

mcfie
28-02-13, 23:20
ive seen the usb way but having it on hardrive looks a good way ,can it be copyed wright from usb.

Rob van der Does
01-03-13, 06:22
Flashing from HDD is a disaster and seems to have been fixed by VU+.

Larry-G
01-03-13, 06:27
Flashing from HDD is a disaster and seems to have been fixed by VU+.

I fully agree. Far too many things can go wrong when flashing from a HDD as opposed to using a USB stick. glad to see VU correcting this fault.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

mcfie
01-03-13, 12:04
just to make sure,the best and only way i should flash is usb,will stick to the right way.

Rob van der Does
01-03-13, 12:21
just to make sure,the best and only way i should flash is usb,will stick to the right way.
Well, in fact in itself flashing from the HDD is fine as well. But the huge problem is, that if any flashable image is present on the HDD and you forget about it, or the box doesn't boot so you can't reach the HDD, you are in trouble.