PDA

View Full Version : [TM-TWIN-OE] swap green for red button

josh_g
18-01-13, 17:39
Quite a simple one and i have no idea how to do it :confused:

Instead of pressing the green button to set timers/record how to i set it too the red one?

Also is it possible to set one button to record and another to set i timer?

Thanks!

markus625
18-01-13, 17:50
I do agree its more logical to press the red button to access recording timers on freeview boxs etc like pressing the record button once to bring up the timerentry screen and pressing it again to start recording.

josh_g
18-01-13, 17:58
and also missing pressing the red button from sky!!

Rob van der Does
18-01-13, 19:15
and also missing pressing the red button from sky!!
No idea what 'the red button from Sky' is about, but if it's about interactive services you should buy a SkyBox.
Generally you can assign buttons via the plugin MultiQuickButton (new, enhanced version coming very soon, so maybe worth to wait a moment).

Rob van der Does
18-01-13, 19:17
And the 'record-button' allows you to record straight away.

josh_g
18-01-13, 19:19
And the 'record-button' allows you to record straight away.

thats what i ment :p it just feels weird pressing the green button to record!

i will take a look at that add on, can i set up one button to record and one for a zap timer or is that not possible?

Rob van der Does
18-01-13, 19:26
Nope, although I think in G-EPG is an option like that.

Larry-G
18-01-13, 19:34
as rob says you wont get true red button services on any receivers but those officially provided by sky / freesat etc. as for recording why not just use the big red record button ??.

josh_g
18-01-13, 20:17
the interactive was a misunderstanding!

i like the way you press the green button and you can record but i would like it set up so you press one button it auto records (like in sky) and the same with timers

if its not possible its not the end of the world :thumbsup:

Larry-G
18-01-13, 20:22
the interactive was a misunderstanding!

i like the way you press the green button and you can record but i would like it set up so you press one button it auto records (like in sky) and the same with timers

if its not possible its not the end of the world :thumbsup:

There is a dedicated record button for this purpose, the green button is for your timers.

josh_g
18-01-13, 20:30
the way my TM remote is set up the button is hard to press could i swap that for the red button?

Rob van der Does
19-01-13, 06:47
the way my TM remote is set up the button is hard to press could i swap that for the red button?
Apparently you missed my reply, so I repeat myself: MQB allows you to change all buttons (and more). New, enhanced version available soon.

scwheeler
19-01-13, 23:26
Sorry for a slight hijack (and impatience) but Rob can the new or old MQB be used to-

1) change Channel Up/Down buttons in gEPG to page up/down rather than change bouquet?

2) when using yellow button to search EPG, set a button to zap to the selected result?

judge
19-01-13, 23:33
Sorry for a slight hijack (and impatience) but Rob can the new or old MQB be used to-

1) change Channel Up/Down buttons in gEPG to page up/down rather than change bouquet?

2) when using yellow button to search EPG, set a button to zap to the selected result?

you don't need MQB to do this?
use 2/8 for page up/down in VIX EPG
use OK to zap in EPG search

or am I picking you up wrong?

abu baniaz
20-01-13, 01:50
The "red" button and "record" button (which is also red) are only 20mm apart. Would it be possible to make a long press=record current event indefinitely?

judge
20-01-13, 01:53
The "red" button and "record" button (which is also red) are only 20mm apart. Would it be possible to make a long press=record current event indefinitely?

on what screen? long press record sets a zap timer when in ViXEPG.
short press record gives you the option to record current event indefinitely when on live TV.

abu baniaz
20-01-13, 03:01
Correction to my last post, I should have said: Would it be possible to make a long press = record stop after current event? I was referring to Live TV. At the moment you have to press two buttons to perform an instant record. Record and then OK

Currently, pressing Record during live TV gives you the following options
Stop after current event, which must also be followed by OK.
Record idefinitely
Enter duration
Enter endtime There should be a space between end and time as "endtime" is not a word
Timeshift save recording stop after current event
Timeshift save recording (Select event) Why is the S in uppper case when the rest are lower case?
Do not record

Whilst a record is in progress pressing it gives you the options of which recording to stop.

judge
20-01-13, 03:10
sorry, don't get the issue?
pressing record during live TV should give you all the options you need?
or is the issue about spelling/capital letters?
setting timers/autotimers/zap timers should also do what you want?

abu baniaz
20-01-13, 03:32
I am afraid I mixed two issues.

The thread was initially about a button for instant record. I suggested that a long press of the record button should do this without having to also press OK. The normal press is fine as it is. If someone wants to record something there and then, it should be a straight forward action. Two button pushes is not a major thing, but can be simplified.

As the subject of the recording menu came up, I diverted from the subject matter and also referred to the spelling.

Rob van der Does
20-01-13, 05:12
1- MQB can't set buttons when using a plugin;
2- You should really try MQB; that's much more easy then trying to explain difficult questions.

scwheeler
20-01-13, 12:04
Thanks Judge and Rob - zap in epg search works and I have no idea why I couldn't make this work previously, must be going mad :)

Thanks for letting me know that MQB doesn't work within plugins i.e. gEPG. I am aware you can use 2 and 8 to page up and down but after preserving for months with both of my universal remotes I find using these buttons fiddley and I often press the wrong button!