PDA

View Full Version : Back up

shadows
18-01-13, 01:21
iv just made a back up of my vix image in image manager. does this mean i can load say the new bh image and if i dont like it can change back and all my setting will remain the same as they where cheers

Larry-G
18-01-13, 01:33
if you created a full image backup with the image manager you can just flash via USB like any other and it will get you up and running instantly.

if you created a settings backup with the backup manager you can restore that during the first install wizard setup screen and it will restore your settings, plugins etc etc etc. you can also restore the settings backup via the backup manager at any time but not a image backup as that needs to be flashed to the box.

judge
18-01-13, 01:34
Yes, you can extract the image backup to usb stick & flash it in the usual way.
It will contain all plugins/settings you had when you made the image backup, so makes it nice & simple.

EDIT: pheonix beat me too it... please follow his advice.

shadows
18-01-13, 12:09
the image back up i did has gone to the usb in the back of the box so that will remain there no matter what i do cheers

Larry-G
18-01-13, 12:21
the image back up i did has gone to the usb in the back of the box so that will remain there no matter what i do cheers

Thats exactly what i do with the uno, ultimo and my technomates as they require you to press a button on the receiver to allow the flash to go ahead, not sure with the solo though. ( depends on how you have the backup stored ).

shadows
18-01-13, 16:40
so this would act like meoboot without using meoboot cheers

Larry-G
18-01-13, 17:22
so this would act like meoboot without using meoboot cheers

no it's not a multiboot, it just allows you to backup the image and restore it as and when you want to.