PDA

View Full Version : tuner config

scoutee
17-01-13, 20:41
Hi setting up tuners not sure if to set up both the same or to put B on loopthrough. thanks for any info

mickyblueys
17-01-13, 20:44
A little more info would help!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

scoutee
17-01-13, 20:50
more info vu+solo2 fixed dish sly tuner a tuned for sly channels not sure if b should be on a loopthrough

mickyblueys
17-01-13, 20:58
I have mine both on simple, single.......I don't use loopthrough.

scoutee
17-01-13, 21:02
many thanks

Trial
17-01-13, 21:08
Hi,
only if two separate cables are connected to the box. If you only have one cable you have to put it into tuner B and A loop through to B.

ciao

mickyblueys
17-01-13, 21:10
Hi,
only if two separate cables are connected to the box. If you only have one cable you have to put it into tuner B and A loop through to B.

ciao

Didn't know that as I have two cables

redribo
17-01-13, 21:54
I have one cable in tuner a and the config of the tuner b is loopthrought to a.
is this coorect?
why r u saying to put cable to tuner b?

thank you

Trial
17-01-13, 22:33
hi,
what did I write in my previous post?

ciao

Gesendet von meinem GT-P1000 mit Tapatalk 2

warajoker
17-01-13, 22:50
Hi setting up tuners not sure if to set up both the same or to put B on loopthrough. thanks for any info

do this for both of the tuners.

Configuration mode - simple
Mode - single
satellite - 28.2eutelsat 28A & Astra 1N/2A/2B/2F
Send Diseqc - no

redribo
18-01-13, 12:43
can you explain to us why we have to put cable only in tuner b and loopthrought to a?
and why not cable to tuner a and loopthrought to b?

thank you

Rob van der Does
18-01-13, 13:25
can you explain to us why we have to put cable only in tuner b and loopthrought to a?
and why not cable to tuner a and loopthrought to b?
Because the hardware only support the internal loopthrough in that direction. But for a user this makes no difference at all.

redribo
18-01-13, 13:27
i have put the cable on tuner A and i have configure tuner B to be loopthrought to A and works all ok with the channels on same sat and same polarization.

how can you explain this ,if the software doesnt support this?

thank you for your answer

Rob van der Does
18-01-13, 13:31
i have put the cable on tuner A and i have configure tuner B to be loopthrought to A and works all ok with the channels on same sat and same polarization.
Then you have done a wonderful job and should apply for a well paid job at VU's......

how can you explain this
I can't.
I can only say that VU+ themselves say this to be not possible. And in my solo2 it indeed isn't.

redribo
18-01-13, 13:34
very strange,in my solo2 working at pip mode,
i think that there is choice to loopthrought tuner b to tuner a,if was impossible then there isnt such a choice.

i turn on pip and i can see channels on same sat and same polarization and different provider,transpoder.

Trial
18-01-13, 18:45
Hi redribo,
if you use a VU+ Solo2 then I think your the only user with this configuration working.

ciao

Rob van der Does
18-01-13, 19:01
i think that there is choice to loopthrought tuner b to tuner a,if was impossible then there isnt such a choice.
Nope, that's not the way things work. Unfortunately.

redribo
18-01-13, 22:48
because I am not crazy and I think you are genius here take at look at the photo please

I think says tuner b loopthrought to a,vu give my job please.......

gordyboy
18-01-13, 23:59
i have vu+ set up for 13 19 & 28 before i switched to the new vix image i was able to receive all sats but when recording on one sat not able to view the other. When i installed new vix image it allowed me to search for the sats on automatic and when stored I can now watch one sat and record another

Tkr001
19-01-13, 03:03
I have mine setup with Tuner B looping through to Tuner A and that is the only way it will work.

Rob van der Does
19-01-13, 05:16
because I am not crazy and I think you are genius here take at look at the photo please
I think says tuner b loopthrough to a,vu give my job please.......
Making a setting that doesn't actually work won't give you a job I'm afraid......

I have mine setup with Tuner B looping through to Tuner A and that is the only way it will work.
That is correct.

Tkr001
20-01-13, 00:59
OK I thought it was working but it doesn't.

I have a single LNB connected to LNB1. I configure Tuner A for the LNB and all is fine. I then configure Tuner B to loop through to Tuner A but any time I try to use Tuner B I get Tune Failed. The only way I can get it to work is using a splitter, connecting to both LNB 1 and LNB 2 and configuring Tuner A to use LNB 1 and Tuner B to use LNB 2. This works most of the time but as the splitter I have only passes power on 1 output port I can have issues when tuner A is inactive and tuner B is in use.

Anybody as I have torn out what little hair I had left.

Rob van der Does
20-01-13, 05:29
1- A splitter is never going to work for satellite feeds (as part of the tuning is done in the LNB;
2- The Solo2 only supports a loopthrough from tuner B to tuner A. So you'll have to connect the coax to tuner B instead of tuner A.

Tkr001
20-01-13, 05:59
The coax is connected to LNB 1 or LNB 2. Then you assign the LNB in the tuner configuration. So are you saying connect the coax to LNB 1 and set LNB 1 in the tuner B config and in tuner A set it to loopthrough?

If so I tried that and got tune failed straight away. Splitters are used by SKY NZ on some of their older boxes, the original Mysky units. Remember we have only one sat and all channels are horizontal.

Rob van der Does
20-01-13, 06:04
You should connect the feed to tuner B and setup tuner B i.a.w. your lnb-setup.
Then configure tuner A as loopthrough to tuner B.
That's all.

Rob van der Does
20-01-13, 06:06
You should connect the feed to tuner B and setup tuner B i.a.w. your lnb-setup.
Then configure tuner A as loopthrough to tuner B.
That's all.
If you're using ViX or any other image that already supports the loopthrough.

Tkr001
20-01-13, 06:15
OK I switched the coax to LNB 2 and set that up in tuner B and set Tuner A to loopthrough and it worked. It didn't work with the coax connected to LNB 1 and LNB 1 setup in Tuner B.

Anyway as always I appreciate your help Rob.

Trial
20-01-13, 08:48
Hi,
just for info. Your answer was already in post #6 of this thread.

ciao

Tkr001
20-01-13, 09:12
I did read your post Trial. The problem was it didn't work with the cable in LNB1 and LNB1 configured in Tuner B (note the user manual says if you only have one cable connect it to LNB 1). I had to connect the coax to LNB 2 and configure LNB 2 in tuner B :confused:

Rob van der Does
20-01-13, 11:43
the user manual says if you only have one cable connect it to LNB 1
Can you show me that please?
My manual says 'Loop through to: mode to make the LNB1 be internally connected to the LNB2 in'.

Tkr001
20-01-13, 19:48
Can you show me that please?
My manual says 'Loop through to: mode to make the LNB1 be internally connected to the LNB2 in'. In Chapter 1 it says

"Internal Loop through
In Case you have only one satellite cable, connect the cable to LNB 1 Input."

Rob van der Does
20-01-13, 19:51
You definitely have a different manual than I have; mine doesn't even have chapters.

Tkr001
22-01-13, 03:47
You definitely have a different manual than I have; mine doesn't even have chapters.

Here you go 22844

Rob van der Does
22-01-13, 07:08
Here you go
Where did you get that from? I can't find that on any official VU-location. I only have the (few pages) printed manual that came with the box.

Tkr001
22-01-13, 20:45
Am I allowed to post links to other sites? Delete if I have broken any rules.

Edit - no links to other sat forums

Rob van der Does
22-01-13, 21:28
That is a hobby-site. I meant an official VU+_location.

Tkr001
23-01-13, 00:20
That is a hobby-site. I meant an official VU+_location.

How about here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?24176-Vu-Solo2-Web-Browser-User-Manual) then

Rob van der Does
23-01-13, 06:58
How about here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?24176-Vu-Solo2-Web-Browser-User-Manual) then
LOL, we're also a hobby-site :)

I hope you see what I'm trying to say: I have no idea about the origin of this web-based manual. And apparently it contains mistakes (or at least the one you discovered). That's why I suggest to use an official manual and/or to ask questions (as you did).

Tkr001
23-01-13, 08:51
Yeah but we all know the official manual is about as useful as....well you know what I mean. So we have to resort to "hobby" sites to get anything meaningful.