PDA

View Full Version : Xtrend ET9200 change to VU+ Solo2?

giotecno1977
17-01-13, 14:25
Guys do you think its worth the change from an Et9200 to VU+ Solo2, I only really need 2 tuners and also use streaming alot so I thought the transcoding and the added horsepower on the CPU would be crucial and provide better streaming experience. Also gigabit Ethernet is always a good addition. Do you think its worth it or do you think I should wait for the Duo2? Thx

Rob van der Does
17-01-13, 14:55
Really no one can answer that for you. If you find these items to be important enough to update, the answer is 'yes'.

Speaking for myself: I wouldn't give up a good box for those two items.

giotecno1977
17-01-13, 15:25
Really no one can answer that for you. If you find these items to be important enough to update, the answer is 'yes'.

Speaking for myself: I wouldn't give up a good box for those two items.

I must admit the ET9200 has been extremely reliable and has been solid. But I do notice some lag with things so thought a unit with a cpu more than twice the speed would make it more pleasurable. But I ll have to see. Choices choices.

Sicilian
17-01-13, 20:24
If you can afford the luxury of the Solo2 go for it :D

bobi
17-01-13, 21:54
I would not give up on the Xtrend 9200 HD, why would you change when you already have a good box.
if you change why not wait til Duo2 comes out in feb-march.

cheers

bobi

giotecno1977
18-01-13, 15:23
Besides more tuners does Duo2 offer more than the Solo2? both do transcoding and have fast CPU. gigabit Lan that is probably all I need. Unless there will be a major difference on a function.

Rob van der Does
18-01-13, 15:30
I think the transcoding function of the Solo2 is very basic compared to the DUO2. But I'm only guessing.

giotecno1977
18-01-13, 21:55
I am gonna wait for the Duo2 then, the transcoding is key feature that I want to utilize on all my mobile devices etc. thx for all your advice guys...;)

Sicilian
19-01-13, 18:04
I am gonna wait for the Duo2 then, the transcoding is key feature that I want to utilize on all my mobile devices etc. thx for all your advice guys...;)

Rob is guessing. Transcoding is done by a plugin. Imo both units will end up using the same plugin. Can't see VU+ creating separate plugins for each model.

Rob van der Does
19-01-13, 19:35
Rob is guessing.
I am.
But a bit educated: the DUO2's soc (BCM7424) has more features (a.o. an integrated real-time HD transcoder, so probably no plugin needed at all). See

http://www.broadcom.com/products/Cable/Cable-Set-Top-Box-Solutions/BCM7424

Let's wait and see how beautiful the future is.

Rob van der Does
12-02-13, 12:43
Rob is guessing. Transcoding is done by a plugin. Imo both units will end up using the same plugin. Can't see VU+ creating separate plugins for each model.

I am.
But a bit educated: the DUO2's soc (BCM7424) has more features (a.o. an integrated real-time HD transcoder, so probably no plugin needed at all). See

http://www.broadcom.com/products/Cable/Cable-Set-Top-Box-Solutions/BCM7424

Let's wait and see how beautiful the future is.
Transcoding by the Solo2 disables all analog video outputs as well as PiP (a hardware limitation).
The DUO2 will not have this limitation.