PDA

View Full Version : Itv player plugin first alfa release...

^^COMPASS^^
17-01-13, 00:22
A plugin that streams content from UK ITV Player. You will need UK ip address to use it...

This is first preview(alpha) release. It can kill your puppy, or cause a nuclear holocaust.

You and only you are responsible for how you use it, and/or damages it can make to your STB.

Developed by: Subixonfire

Thanx to:
Ev0 - graphic (background, icon)
sonic1 - packaging to .tgz for BH/BP users

All that tested it before this release, not mentioned but not forgotten...

NB..
Extract ITVPlayer_py2.x_ alpha and send dir itv_preview to

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/Extensions

Larry-G
17-01-13, 00:25
Nice work fellas, although i cant test it till the morning as i'm at work. but it's nice to see more and more people taking up the mantle and rattling these players out for the good of the community.

irishchris
17-01-13, 00:37
excellent work. just has a quick play with it and particularly impressed with the stream quality option. testing on my lowly 3mb line 3 of the 4 resolutions worked. great work on it at its alpha stage. look forward to the finished plugin with categories :thumbsup:

judge
17-01-13, 01:03
Nice to get more players, is it closed source though?

judge
17-01-13, 01:42
For anyone interested, as the code is originally based on GPL code, this plugin breaks all GPL licensing rules.
Attached is a decompiled version, free for anyone to edit, modify, release - with original credits (not currently added)

Please feel free to help the development, contribute where you can & keep it opensource.

subixonfire
17-01-13, 02:01
Only part of an opensource plugin used in this one are links to content lists, that can easy be pulled using wireshark or other link grabber. While any modification to an opensource software needs to retain original licence, as far as i know if i build something from ground up using only this link then that's another thing... As i'm not really in to all this legal stuff correct me if i'm wrong...

judge
17-01-13, 02:16
Not up to the legal stuff either, lots of reading on http://www.gnu.org/licenses/quick-guide-gplv3.html
Why closesource it though even after saying 'Only part of an opensource plugin used in this one...'?

Ev0
17-01-13, 02:18
Not up to the legal stuff either, lots of reading on http://www.gnu.org/licenses/quick-guide-gplv3.html
Why closesource it though even after saying 'Only part of an opensource plugin used in this one...'?

I am guessing, to make it harder for the provider to stop the links working.

After all it is not an official itv player plugin is it.

subixonfire
17-01-13, 02:23
I think this links can't be and are not opensource! It's only distributed in compiled way to stop "bad guys" from "fixing" their servers thus rendering it unusable first and second to stop guys from taking my work and presenting it as theirs. This happened already more than once to me.

If source code was requested by someone i would gladly send it to him, wit all comments and other stuff, that gets striped in all this compile - decompile way.

judge
17-01-13, 02:28
I am guessing, to make it harder for the provider to stop the links working.

After all it is not an official itv player plugin is it.

It doesn't make it any harder for the provider to stop the links working in any way.

I think this links can't be and are not opensource! It's only distributed in compiled way to stop "bad guys" from "fixing" their servers thus rendering it unusable first and second to stop guys from taking my work and presenting it as theirs. This happened already more than once to me.

If source code was requested by someone i would gladly send it to him, wit all comments and other stuff, that gets striped in all this compile - decompile way.

Links can never be closedsource, they are links, nothing more.
I'll gladly request the source code, please post here or anywhere else in public so anyone else can contribute/debug if they like.

subixonfire
17-01-13, 02:57
git://github.com/subixonfire/ITV-Player-E2-Plugin.git

Will that decompiled tgz file be gone now?

judge
17-01-13, 03:08

Thanks for the github link, https://github.com/subixonfire/ITV-Player-E2-Plugin
Not sure why you want the decompiled file to be removed & not the original plugin files posted, but if a mod sees fit, I'm sure it will be.

Larry-G
17-01-13, 03:10

ok done now.

judge
17-01-13, 03:13
argument over, still not sure what it was about. Thanks pheonix for removing offending download & respecting subixonfire wishes though.

subixonfire
17-01-13, 03:25
Decompiled source will newer be original source... To me decompiling someones source shows disrespect to that person...

judge
17-01-13, 03:28
Decompiled source will newer be original source... To me decompiling someones source shows disrespect to that person...

Compiling source based on opensource & releasing it as closed source shows a lot more disrespect, IMO.
But lets leave it there, no more need for argument, eh?

Rob van der Does
17-01-13, 06:10
Thanks for that.
IMHO being really 'open' in an open-source environment (as we are here) is always a good thing, and opens the option for others to contribute.

RogerThis
17-01-13, 09:34

Thanks for all your work, I used your 1channel plugin as a base for all my plugins. (rte player, 3player and iplayer). Sorry, I should have asked :o
Great to see VOD's getting released.

Larry-G
17-01-13, 15:21
Just got the chance to try this and i am very very impressed with the work so far, please do keep up the good work fellas.

markus625
17-01-13, 16:55
Nice to see more VOD plugins coming our way, Any idea what is the screen names for this plugin ive looked in the .py file and can only see a reference to a widget names MyMenu, wud like to skin this.

digidude
17-01-13, 17:12
Icefilms(Screen)

Larry-G
17-01-13, 17:19
Icefilms(Screen)

because it's the same author.

subixonfire
17-01-13, 17:22
Thanks for all your work, I used your 1channel plugin as a base for all my plugins. (rte player, 3player and iplayer). Sorry, I should have asked :o
Great to see VOD's getting released.

I'm aware of that from the second your rte player plugin came out, and i don't have anything against anyone using my source for the benefit of the community. A email or something would be nice trough...

On another subject, try to study this plugins code, it will show you how to make a much faster and less memory using interface. As that was my first plugin for E2 and my coding skill's got a loot better from then...

subixonfire
17-01-13, 17:27
Nice to see more VOD plugins coming our way, Any idea what is the screen names for this plugin ive looked in the .py file and can only see a reference to a widget names MyMenu, wud like to skin this.

Icefilms(Screen)

Check git, that screen name has been changed to "ITV"...

digidude
17-01-13, 17:47
Check git, that screen name has been changed to "ITV"...

my apologies, i looked at it on the version that i have running on my receiver that was downloaded from a forum :)

EDIT:

from here

https://github.com/subixonfire/ITV-Player-E2-Plugin/blob/master/plugin.py

line 44

class Icefilms(Screen):

subixonfire
17-01-13, 17:59
Sorry, forgot to commit that... Set now to "ITVplayer"... will that be ok?

fizza
18-01-13, 19:08
hi all put this in the same location as bbc i player cant get this to work prob just been a newbie thanks

Midnight
18-01-13, 19:26
hi all put this in the same location as bbc i player cant get this to work prob just been a newbie thanks

Its working perfectly for me on an Extrend ET5000 have you made sure that you've only put the folder itv_preview in?

fizza
18-01-13, 20:26
thanks for quick reply i did try that i will have another go when i can get hold of the laptop for longer lol

fizza
19-01-13, 10:53
Hi all still cant get itv player to work on et5 k just had a look via FTP the itv folder is located in the plugin directory same as Bbc player restarted enigma what am I doing wrong sorry guys

fizza
19-01-13, 11:07
Sorry guys all working now:)

wazza_2
20-01-13, 09:47
sorry to sound daft but were do i put itv player preview, its just that after installing the first file mine says bad magic number

meggiedude
21-01-13, 11:39
Looks great.
I assume the main screen is just a static backdrop, and we just choose from the list in the middle section?

Issue I have is that all the streams I have selected thus far, at any resolution, I get a locked box with a spinning VIX top left.
It also happens on occasion on the ice-film plugin.
Is this likely to be a lack of free memory issue or do others see this.

FYI - I am running the latest OE3.0 build on Duo. Apart from the standard preloaded VIX image plugins I only have 1channel, Ice-films, BBC Player and ITV Player plugins loaded.
My Broadband is OK'ish - only 6Meg d/l.

sivhead
22-01-13, 21:44
Tested the ITV player and can say that I am very impressed I have found no bugs with it. For an Alpha release its pretty amazing.. stream quality excellent Running vic build 3.1.1 build 562

Flyingpig
22-01-13, 23:02
Should I take the plunge and install it...??? I have an ET9000 with the latest build...

Will it cause any issues - i.e. killing my box :-(

Ta...

The Lambton Worm
22-01-13, 23:04
Should I take the plunge and install it...??? I have an ET9000 with the latest build...

Will it cause any issues - i.e. killing my box :-(

Ta...

Works for me no bother on my Et9x00.

Midnight
23-01-13, 00:16
Working really well for me too, on an ET5000

Tyler
23-01-13, 00:35
Will it work in Ireland ?

irishchris
23-01-13, 00:37
Will it work in Ireland ?

with a uk proxy it will; other than that no

dfdream
23-01-13, 10:05
Chris will enabling a proxy like this for itv player stop the RTE Player plugin from working or is there a way to have both working...

I remember in the past using a firefox plugin that would detect a predefined web site and route through a proxy to allow iplayer etc but would go straight to rte player for that to work.

A plugin like that would be good.

Or even the next step to have a GUI interface that linked all the players together (with some proxy management built in)...

D

with a uk proxy it will; other than that no

irishchris
23-01-13, 10:13
personaly i use a dns proxy (unblock us) which simply requires me to change dns settings in the network settings of my reciever once. it then streams iplayer,itv player and rte player without issue and without ever having to change anything.also allows streaming of us players such as abc and nbc players on my ipad and pc etc. its €4 p/m but there are many alternative proxy companies so shop around for best deal.

Midnight
23-01-13, 10:24
I'm also using Unblock Us and can confirm that it works really well with this plugin overseas.

I used to use a VPN but this works much better as it doesn't restrict the bandwidth speed.

It also detects when my ISP changes my IP Addy and updates its systems so I can keep connected to the ondemand streams.

It only costs £3.25 a month.

Rob van der Does
23-01-13, 10:45
But using that method the box is always using that proxy, which will cause problems with other plugins.

judge
23-01-13, 12:36
Chris will enabling a proxy like this for itv player stop the RTE Player plugin from working or is there a way to have both working...

I remember in the past using a firefox plugin that would detect a predefined web site and route through a proxy to allow iplayer etc but would go straight to rte player for that to work.

A plugin like that would be good.

Or even the next step to have a GUI interface that linked all the players together (with some proxy management built in)...

D

it can be done within the plugin, so rte player would use an Irish proxy, bbc player would use a UK proxy and so on without making any network changes...
just give it a bit of time...

irishchris
23-01-13, 13:53
But using that method the box is always using that proxy, which will cause problems with other plugins.

not using this dns proxy method rob. it opens proxy for all major countries. uk, ireland,spain,us etc (even holland :D)
no issues whatsoever with any plugin using this method :thumbup:

Tyler
23-01-13, 15:14
Hi Chris,
How can i set up this system?
Can you give a dummies guide
:confused:

not using this dns proxy method rob. it opens proxy for all major countries. uk, ireland,spain,us etc (even holland :D)
no issues whatsoever with any plugin using this method :thumbup:

irishchris
23-01-13, 15:33
Hi Chris,
How can i set up this system?
Can you give a dummies guide
:confused:
Suscribe to unblock us and once done it will register your ip address with their servers.
on your reciever go to network settings go to adaptor settings and press blue to edit dns. enter 208.122.23.23 then press ok.
thats it! all vod plugins will now work independently of each other regardless of your location
I have just used unblock us as an example as they are the ones i use. there are many dns proxy providers so price around and go with whichever one suits you mate.

naszdom
23-01-13, 17:00
Like wazza, post #34, I get the message that the player is not availabe because of a Bad Magic number in itv_preview/__init__.pyo. What does this mean?

I have tried renaming it to itvplayer and changing the permissions to 755 but I always get the same message.

Larry-G
23-01-13, 17:30
It means your using the wrong version for your image. There are two versions one compiled for OE 2.0, Pli 3.0 and OE-A 3.0 images and the other for OE 1.6 images.

huey45
27-01-13, 15:34
Hi Compass

I got to say as a preview release this is brilliant
im sure other peeps as well as me are looking
forward to later releases, i was going to ask on
forum for this along with, 4 on demand, and
demand 5 players, but you jumped the gun on me

Well Done !!!

A plugin that streams content from UK ITV Player. You will need UK ip address to use it...

This is first preview(alpha) release. It can kill your puppy, or cause a nuclear holocaust.

You and only you are responsible for how you use it, and/or damages it can make to your STB.

Developed by: Subixonfire

Thanx to:
Ev0 - graphic (background, icon)
sonic1 - packaging to .tgz for BH/BP users

All that tested it before this release, not mentioned but not forgotten...

NB..
Extract ITVPlayer_py2.x_ alpha and send dir itv_preview to

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/Extensions

gordyboy
27-01-13, 20:45
do I download all the files on page 1 and then extract them all? thanks

huey45
27-01-13, 21:51
Hi M8

I just downloaded the second file in the list ver 2.7
then as advised extracted to my computer, desktop
then ftp'd to path in example given, on page 1

then most important dont forget to reboot box after ftp,
otherwise will not show up in your extensions, on quick blue button press

Have fun...

danivtec
29-01-13, 13:13
Anyone having an issue getting programmes to list?

Worked last week but now no longer lists programmes. Using latest ViX image on both Ultimo and Solo 2.

gordyboy
01-02-13, 16:01
any idea what I am doing wrong. I am running new vix on vu+ duo I download file ITVPlayer_py2.7_E2_bh.tgz extract the files and ftp to the folder mentioned reboot box but does not appear. I have bbc i player working ok

thanks

dlmlus
01-02-13, 16:51
download ondemand plugin, it has bbc,itv, and others.

dlmlus

alba1978
01-02-13, 19:58
is this plugin in the feeds and if so under which section as I cant find it

Larry-G
01-02-13, 20:08
any idea what I am doing wrong. I am running new vix on vu+ duo I download file ITVPlayer_py2.7_E2_bh.tgz extract the files and ftp to the folder mentioned reboot box but does not appear. I have bbc i player working ok

thanks

Because that version is for the BH image.

gordyboy
01-02-13, 23:41
is onedemand plugin same as 1channel plugin?

judge
01-02-13, 23:43
No, OnDemand streams ondemand TV services. For now, BBC, ITV, RTE & TV3.
IceFilms streams movies illegally.

gordyboy
01-02-13, 23:46
i've checked the plugins and I have 1channel plug in but dont see the ondemand within plugins could you tell me the name to look for? thanks

judge
01-02-13, 23:54
OnDemand has been removed from the plugin feeds as it isn't yet complete.
You could install the various plugins yourself, or pheonix posted a link to download it from the GIT server earlier, would have to look for it though...

EDIT: link to download is in this post (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?25836-OnDemand-plugin&p=193212&viewfull=1#post193212).

gordyboy
03-02-13, 14:18
can anyone help me out with a ipk file for the itv player as my box only seems to accept these files. running latest vix

thanks

kiwiz1
20-02-13, 18:10
there is no hd channels like itv one hc

Flyingpig
20-02-13, 19:32
This is an on-demand service, and I am not 100% sure but I think you get the choice of quality, the higher the number the better the quality, but you need to have a good broadband service.

FP