PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] VU+ duo will not Boot

saxon
16-01-13, 20:57
A friend of mine has a vu duo (genuine) running vix 3.0 the problem is that when he turns it off at the mains and then switches it back on it gets stuck on a boot loop on the blue start up page with the vix spinning he has reflashed it a few times but the same thing happens every time he tried BH image and it was fine and booted no problem so put vix back on and again once the power was turned off it would get stuck in a bootloop i cant see it being the image so i was wondering is it a hardware problem or a software problem maybe a missing file not sure any advise would be greatly appreciated Thanks

Sicilian
17-01-13, 06:20
This will most likely be something to do with how you mate is setting up the receiver if its going into a crash loop. What is he installing?

Sicilian
17-01-13, 06:21
Moved to correct section.

sheraz2
19-01-13, 20:28
the same is happening to me.

the only plugin im intsalling is autobouquetmaker.

also the only other thing im doing is setting up cross epg.

i have dreamboxuk running with out a problem just dont understand whats going wrong. thought it might be plugins. now im going to install it again and not use auto bouquetmaker.

mickyblueys
19-01-13, 20:51
the same is happening to me.

the only plugin im intsalling is autobouquetmaker.

also the only other thing im doing is setting up cross epg.

i have dreamboxuk running with out a problem just dont understand whats going wrong. thought it might be plugins. now im going to install it again and not use auto bouquetmaker.

Why are you installing the auto bouquet maker plugin???. It is already in the image

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

sheraz2
19-01-13, 23:29
I figured it. I was using an old build. It was from downloads section in the forum.

Now using the one from vixdownloads.co.uk

judge
19-01-13, 23:35
vixdownloads.co.uk presume you mean http://openvix.co.uk as these are the official images.

sheraz2
19-01-13, 23:43
Yeah that's the one

Larry-G
20-01-13, 17:24
The builds from the download server are all numbered , just pick the latest one and you should be fine.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

dna1409
22-01-13, 22:36
I had exactly the same problem until tonight. I narrowed it down to Cccam, if i had it to start on bootup the box would do exactly this, stick at splash screen and VIX would spin in corner and get stuck in what seemed a loop and i would have to flash the Duo again to get it up and running. If i didnt set Cccam to boot on startup it would boot fine and i could restart the box over and over without it getting stuck.

In the end I searched the forum and found out that the build i was using (3.0.204) was ancient and came accross this section where you can download the latest stable releases: http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=Vu%2BDuo/

Just download the latest one and flash via USB - worked for me! :thumbsup: