PDA

View Full Version : New kernel and drivers

marty
16-01-13, 20:08
Just came across this on the GB forum.

Neue Soft und neue Treiber werden April 2013 kommen. Aktuell wird an neuem Kernel gearbeitet und neue Treiber an diesen angepasst

New software and new drivers will come April 2013. Is currently working on new kernel and new drivers adapted to this

bassethound
16-01-13, 20:31
April seem a long way off to release new drivers i assume its the new kernel that's going to be the biggest work to complete

we might even see the duo2 by then giving the QUAD sales a hammering

Cus2k
16-01-13, 20:46
April ?? :eek:

:fart2:

Rob van der Does
16-01-13, 21:41
April ?? :eek:
What year :p

tinos
17-01-13, 00:24
If it is April 1st must be a joke... unless they are going to rewrite the whole kernel from scratch :confused:

Seems like Vu+ Solo2 was able to release something in less time... guess they have better programmers than GigaBlue. :rolleyes:

marty
17-01-13, 07:24
Loads of folk were complaining about the time frame, whole thread has been deleted :eek:
I really like my Quad and have no real issues with it as it is :) I'm not knocking anyone but I must say there is no real useful support/help/info on GB support forum :(

OldSkulRide
17-01-13, 09:45
This is not a good news for sure. Customers in Germany (and other countries) will now remember these problems and next time they will rather buy something else, like Xtrend which has top notch drivers and always latest (almost) kernel.

dragoscevero
17-01-13, 16:07
Also I'm happy with my Quad as it is now, but I've some "issues" also... I can't watch encrypted tv programs while recording another encrypted one from the same card in the smart reader; I don't do it often, but it's an issue. And i usually watch recordings and avi files from a nas over the lan, and a working gigabyte lan will be better then the actual 10/100.
But Quad is the best decoder I've ever seen also like it is.

dfdream
17-01-13, 16:11
I thought the encryption issue you mention was solved in recent driver updates ???
Or is this a different issue...

Also I'm happy with my Quad as it is now, but I've some "issues" also... I can't watch encrypted tv programs while recording another encrypted one from the same card in the smart reader; I don't do it often, but it's an issue. And i usually watch recordings and avi files from a nas over the lan, and a working gigabyte lan will be better then the actual 10/100.

Mr. Mister
17-01-13, 16:12
I got no problems at all recording 2 encrypted channels at the same time on either of my 2 quads..

Rob van der Does
17-01-13, 16:19
Are you guys talking about the same: card is in cardreader/CAM/Smargo/xxx?

dragoscevero
18-01-13, 12:43
I got no problems at all recording 2 encrypted channels at the same time on either of my 2 quads..

I'm talking about 2 encrypted channels at the same time on dvb-t with the smartcard inside card reader.
If it help it's a (the only one) dvb-t italian provider smartcard.
I'll do some other test about this.

skippie
18-01-13, 15:13

me neither, no problems here.

As a test, i recorded 6 coded HD programs at the same time whilst watching an HD recording. Not a single distortion on all of the recordings. Absolutely brilliant.

XabiX
21-01-13, 18:51
no news since Xmas? soon it will be Chinese New Year so hopefully we get them before :)

alepanz
23-01-13, 12:08
Only problem in registration encrypted channels is that If you want to play record when recording, It stop or distortion.
Only for me this problem?

XabiX
28-01-13, 11:41
released as of
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?25715-Gigablue-QUAD-upgrades-alone-to-kernel-3-5-1-YOUPI