PDA

View Full Version : HowTo epg on /media/usb?

soulmate
23-09-10, 07:13
Hi there everyone,

let me first thank the team for this great release! Impressive, please keep up the good work!
I just wonder how to move the epg.dat file from /hdd to /media/usb and have it saved there when I import the epg file?

soulmate
23-09-10, 11:38
hi,

as far as I know the file to edit for this is
epgdat_importer.py usually located in
usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/EPGImport.
I unerstand you have slightly changed the location of the EPGImport to
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/VuHD+/EPGImport.
Unfortunately there is no such file as
epgdat_importer.py

Could someone of the team be so kind to point me to the right direction?
Should I work with a symlink or anything like that from /media/hdd to /media/usb?
What about people that don't have a hdd attached? Isn't the plugin working at all then?

pooface
23-09-10, 11:52
First off, why do you want to move the epg.dat to the usb? This is what happens:

System boot up
Check for epg.dat @ /media/hdd
Load epg.dat in to system cache
Never check the hdd for epg data, always check the system cache
If user shuts down, restarts box or restarts gui, export epg data to /media/hdd/epg.dat
Go back to beginning

This is how it works because it's how enigma2 have encoded it...

So, there's not really any need to put the epg data on the usb stick...

For users who don't have a hdd, but do have a usb stick, the usb stick is mounted as /media/hdd (iirc).

For users without a usb stick or hdd, the /media/hdd is just stored on the local flash. So, whenever epg data is loaded, it is just saved as /media/hdd/epg.dat, but it isn't actually stored on a hdd, just the local flash...

If you really want to put it on the usb stick, do the following in telnet:

init 4
mv /media/hdd/epg.dat /media/usb/epg.dat
ln -s /media/hdd/epg.dat /media/usb/epg.dat
init 3

This closes down enigma2, moves the epg data to the usb, creates a symlink to the usb, and restarts enigma2...

Then, the system will look at the hdd, which is actually pointing to the usb. However, it will still need to access the hdd to get the symlink.

soulmate
23-09-10, 12:17
uh okay and thank you very much for the detailed answer.:D I'm some sort of "thin-skinned noise ecologist" especially when my ears are concerned....:D

The main reason is that I don't want the hdd to be running all the time.Or does the hdd wake up from standby everytime epg is used?

pooface
23-09-10, 13:05
uh okay and thank you very much for the detailed answer.:D I'm some sort of "thin-skinned noise ecologist" especially when my ears are concerned....:D

The main reason is that I don't want the hdd to be running all the time.Or does the hdd wake up from standby everytime epg is used?

As I said in the first post... The hdd is only read the first time you start the box, and when you restart/shutdown/restart gui... So, whenever you're browsing epg, it won't start the hdd, only access the internal flash... Now, when you do the rytec import, it likely does access the hdd (dunno, not used it for ages...), but if you set it to run at, e.g. 3am, then you won't hear it anyway :p

soulmate
23-09-10, 13:11
okay, sorry English is not my first language and I must have missed the important bit... Anyway: Big Thanks! BTW -Can't wait to see future implementations in upcoming releases...
Hmm, is there an estimated amount of events/sources the box could handle without any extra plugins installed other than those that came with the blank image before the receiver goes "blank"? Do you recommend installing a swap file (if possible on usb :-)) to prevent this?
The only thing I added were CCcam/OScam from your feed.

nikefreak4eva
23-09-10, 18:22
hi guys can sum one help me my epg is not working..

ok 1st what do i need on my USB stick ( just imagin it as a blank USB stick)

how do i put files on what folders.. can sumone do a dummies guide to fix epg for UK SLY thanks

nikefreak4eva
25-09-10, 17:53
any help on this one please!!

Past2Present
25-09-10, 18:01
Everything is said in the above messages, the plugin looks at the hdd and not the usb.

nikefreak4eva
25-09-10, 18:09
ohh ok i have no HDD yet but my pic keeps frezin im trying to load ISO-8859-1__EPG Import via USB stick i thought that would stop my picture frezin???

Past2Present
25-09-10, 18:15
Well i assume that the usb stick wil be mounted as the hdd, if no hdd present.
You can check it if the epg.dat is on the stick.