PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Feature Request: Backup Manager

afc_rich
16-01-13, 00:58
Hi,

Would it be possible to have the var/keys directory backed up as part of the backup manager solution?

This would mean that following a reflash/ restore of settings, certain plugins would carry on working :cool:

judge
16-01-13, 01:13
That should be working, was implemented some time ago.
What build are you currently using?

Larry-G
16-01-13, 01:59
you can manually select what parts of the image and even certain folders that you want to be incorporated into the backup, by pressing menu in the backup manager ( if memory serves ).

scruff1963
16-01-13, 10:23
You can select what gets backed up.
9 hours late :) , I really should refresh the screen before posting.

afc_rich
16-01-13, 10:51
Thanks guys, will check this out tonight.

afc_rich
16-01-13, 19:15
Just to confirm that this feature is already there and I have added the files I wish to backup. Thanks for the help.

Larry-G
16-01-13, 19:18
Just to confirm that this feature is already there and I have added the files I wish to backup. Thanks for the help.

It's been there for a long long time mate, in fact i bet you'd be pleasantly surprised just what is included in the ViX image as standard as we have not until recently advertised most of our new inclusions into the image.

MarsArtis
28-01-13, 23:19
Would like to have an explanation: if I try to read the content of a backup by pressing EPG button I cannot see any line about installed plugins. Why?

andyblac
30-01-13, 20:42
Would like to have an explanation: if I try to read the content of a backup by pressing EPG button I cannot see any line about installed plugins. Why?

because it does backup them up, only list of what installed. looks at the last dew line in the log. these are reinstalled from feeds at time of restore, so you get the latest version, and not the version at time of backup.