PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] aspect ratio

sjmc
15-01-13, 21:39
hi all , annoying problem, i cant seem to get the aspect ratio to work on latest vix builds, both on tv or my own files,just cant remember which build worked on as i update regulary. d/loaded auto resolution plugin but no joy, cant work out the problem im on build 562, tried all variations but no change in visible picture, any help would be appreciated

s1m0nw
15-01-13, 22:06
Have u turned overscan off on ur tv?

sjmc
15-01-13, 22:23
thanks for quick reply, im using quite an old sony tv kdl 40w2000, never changed any settings and was working fine until a few builds back, had a look around the tv menu but no joy and makes no aspect difference when adjusting the vu settings,

s1m0nw
15-01-13, 23:34
Are we talking about vix menus or the picture itself

darken9
16-01-13, 22:53
I'm having the same issues with the latest build. No matter what setting I change the picture is stretched vertically. Never had problems before.

BubbleBalls
16-01-13, 23:35
Hi,
I was just about to start a thread on this topic.

I have been using the Duo for many months and regularly had to use Menu/Setup/System/AV Settings/Display >16:9 content as........
By putting this to Letterbox it corrected many movies so the "black bars" were introduced. I noticed several builds back that this option was no longer working. When I first noticed this I assumed that the files I was playing were hard-coded (excuse my terminology - I am not too tec minded) and thought there was nothing I could do. After all, the Duo is not a dedicated media player, so I held off posting the issue.

I have just set up a GB Quad and transferred one of the effected movies from the Duo to the Quad. Last night I was able to use the AV settings to correct the stretching. The Quad worked as the Duo used to.

So, is this issue box specific, as opposed to build specific?

thanks.

BubbleBalls
17-01-13, 00:09

Excuse my ignorance!

Larry-G
17-01-13, 00:15

Excuse my ignorance!

we wont know that until others tell us what is happening with their receivers.

desibabez
21-01-13, 17:10
I'm having the same problem since updating vix 3.0 few weeks back on vu+ Duo. before I could change 16:9 to letterbox on setting if the picutre was stretched playingback .mkv or .mp4 files, with the latest update I can't change to letterbox of my media files,they are always stretched full screen but tv channels aspect ratio are coming up ok.

keith0509
21-01-13, 19:54
Yes same thing here.
Aspect ratio is stretched and unable to be changed on dloaded files., hope it's sorted soon.

keith0509
22-01-13, 21:03
Well back to an old image for me as it is a must to have the correct ratio.

s1m0nw
22-01-13, 21:06
keith - have you turned off overscan? I had mines on and I was the same I couldnt change aspect untill I turned it off

try this before you go rushing into another image

keith0509
22-01-13, 21:14
keith - have you turned off overscan? I had mines on and I was the same I couldnt change aspect untill I turned it off

try this before you go rushing into another image
Do you mean on the TV?
If so that's no good as the TV is used for other devices and by other members of the family which will not be able to go into the setting of the TV.

s1m0nw
22-01-13, 21:17
Yes on the tv. I have a LG and to switch mines off I needed to select Just Scale but I dont see ANY difference between that and 16:9.

From what Ive read Overscan is not needed so it shouldnt affect your other devices.

BubbleBalls
22-01-13, 23:29
Yes on the tv. I have a LG and to switch mines off I needed to select Just Scale but I dont see ANY difference between that and 16:9.

From what Ive read Overscan is not needed so it shouldnt affect your other devices.

I have always had 16:9 as default. In the past switching to Letterbox in AV on my Duo allowed the change. When I first noticed this the first thing I checked were all the TV settings. I switched between 16:9 and Just scale etc on my TV but the DUO simply failed to respond. This is definitely not TV related. Might be following in keith0509's footsteps.

Well back to an old image for me as it is a must to have the correct ratio.

Hi,

Can you let us know which build you go back to? You don't need to change image.

Thanks

mickyblueys
22-01-13, 23:43
I have always had 16:9 as default. In the past switching to Letterbox in AV on my Duo allowed the change. When I first noticed this the first thing I checked were all the TV settings. I switched between 16:9 and Just scale etc on my TV but the DUO simply failed to respond. This is definitely not TV related.

I know you say you've tried switching but I can confirm 16:9 does have overscan switched on, on an lg TV. "Just scan" is the option to turn it off. At least it does on my 3 lg TV's

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

keith0509
22-01-13, 23:51
Hi,

Can you let us know which build you go back to? You don't need to change image.

Thanks

I had backed up my image which was 3.0.394. andI am now back on that.

Some people may be able to change the settings of their TV but he point is that something that used to work fine within VIX no longer works as it should, which is why I was reporting it to the developers.

BubbleBalls
23-01-13, 00:28
I know you say you've tried switching but I can confirm 16:9 does have overscan switched on, on an lg TV. "Just scan" is the option to turn it off. At least it does on my 3 lg TV's

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for double checking that I have my info correct. I have a Samsung TV. I can plug my Quad (same build) into the same HDMI and the AV settings can be adjusted. Two movies, exactly the same, act differently on the Quad than the Duo.

The Duo has not taken something in recent builds - maybe its an online update issue? I don't know but one movie acts differently on two receivers. Both receivers are on latest build.

I had backed up my image which was 3.0.394. andI am now back on that.

Some people may be able to change the settings of their TV but he point is that something that used to work fine within VIX no longer works as it should, which is why I was reporting it to the developers.
keith, that's a very old build and I reckon this issue started maybe 6 builds ago. You can DL recent builds through the quick link section. I will flash build 560 or 562 or so.

thanks for the reply.

rimas
23-01-13, 07:44
Have you tried aspectratioswitch plugin? It resolves this problem for me.

BubbleBalls
23-01-13, 12:44

Thanks rimas, I will try that when I get home today. Put this to tmp folder, then install local extension?

keith0509
23-01-13, 14:15
Thanks rimas, I will try that when I get home today. Put this to tmp folder, then install local extension?

Let us know how you get on with this m8, if all goes OK will put the new build back on at the weekend.

BubbleBalls
23-01-13, 17:11

rimas - perfect, this works a treat. Delighted I don't have to go back to an older build.

Let us know how you get on with this m8, if all goes OK will put the new build back on at the weekend.

keith - go for this and update your build. There are great tweaks and improvements, going from the build you have, to the latest.I used Filezilla to move rimas file to tmp, then blue button/vix/install local extension/restart. Then Menu/plug ins/Aspectratio/quickswitching (enable) and on key mapping you select which button you want to use to switch ratio.

I used radio button and each long press goes through the options - stop when you are happy. It seems to hold that option in memory. Nice plugin.

Creators
08-08-13, 15:04
After booting and using aspectratioswitch plugin my TV input switches from HDMI to AV1-SCART.Maybe someone has an idea?

Rob van der Does
08-08-13, 16:42
Do you have HDMI-CEC enabled?
If so: see how you go after disabling it.

Creators
08-08-13, 19:55
Do you have HDMI-CEC enabled?
If so: see how you go after disabling it.

Hello Rob,

The same in both cases.After the procedure:TV input>HDMI>yes plugin works correct until the next rebooting and only a few options as "4:3 letterbox" and "16:9".

BubbleBalls
08-08-13, 21:01
Why have hdmi and scart?

Have you disabled (set to no) alot of the options in the autoaspectratio plugin?

Tapatalker

Creators
08-08-13, 21:51
Why have hdmi and scart?

Have you disabled (set to no) alot of the options in the autoaspectratio plugin?

Tapatalker

I chose only two options-4:3 letterbox and 16:9.

BubbleBalls
09-08-13, 09:47
I chose only two options-4:3 letterbox and 16:9.

Try enabling them all again. You will still choose the one you want though the button cycle will be bigger. Maybe the box needs those options active (even though you don't want them). I left everything on and have had no issues.

Tapatalker

Creators
10-08-13, 00:02
Well,I can say that I have ARS plugin only works with sat channels.Perhaps because of these and others small problems associated with dvb-t is guilty Vu+ driver bug? :confused:

Creators
10-08-13, 19:35
To me as an additional ist the next connection:>Vu+ scart>VCR scart>TV scart.Using ARS plugin and press "4:3 letterbox" Vu+ switches to TV scart input,I think,sends a signal to TV via 8 pin.Is it possible to prevent the switch inputs and not disconnected scart?

Creators
12-08-13, 19:04
Andy,Thanks for the AVSwitch fix..., but it disappeared from the feed(build 718)!

s1m0nw
13-08-13, 07:35
If you have already installed it on your box it wont be listed in plugin list

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2