PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue QUAD] Problem with picons

hakkers1977
15-01-13, 16:13
Hello guys!
I can not see any picons on the LCD screen instead I have only letters that shows up in squar for example I in a box and A and b as well at difirent channels I don't understand why this only happened on vix image display settings are correct but nothing shows up, I did the XML files replacement and uploaded the picon folder to the right directory as it says on the vix picons section but still the same. Can any one help.

Mr. Mister
15-01-13, 16:18
Where did you put the xml files..??

Where did you put the lcd_picon folder..??

hakkers1977
15-01-13, 16:50
Where did you put the xml files..??

Where did you put the lcd_picon folder..??

lcd_picon folder to /media/usb
the xml into /etc/enigma2

Mr. Mister
15-01-13, 16:51
xml are fine..

Try the lcd_picon in flash.. and reboot..

Thats where mine are on both Quads..

Rob van der Does
15-01-13, 17:07
Moved to this section as this is apparently a problem with the ViX-image.

hakkers1977
15-01-13, 17:08
Ok it's working now m8 but in this picon folder there is a lot missing is there a more complete one around? Please.

Mr. Mister
15-01-13, 17:15
I take it your using rossi`s picons.. They are not finished yet..

You can get another full set ... HERE ... (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?23682-Vix-Team-Gigablue-Quad-amp-800UE-Full-Set-LCD-Picons)

hakkers1977
15-01-13, 20:01
Brill guys, working just fine now thanks a lot.

hooperpm
21-05-13, 13:54
Hi There,

I'm trying to setup Picons on my GB Quad so far without success. Have installed the XML files skin_display220_no_picon.xml and skin_display220_picon.xml to /etc/enigma2 and have tried all sorts of locations (flash memory, USB stick and HDD) for the Picons but without success. When you say try the lcd_picon in "flash" can you confirm exactly which location you are talking about?

Aside from going to display settings and skins and activating the Picon view is there anything that I might have overlooked?

Many thanks

Paul

xml are fine..

Try the lcd_picon in flash.. and reboot..

Thats where mine are on both Quads..

rossi2000
21-05-13, 15:07
you dont need a separate set of lcd picons anymore.

the image will resize your normal osd picons on the fly to fit your gigablue lcd.

go into the display settings and select "show with picon" i think thats the right option cant think of it off hand.

andyblac
21-05-13, 16:09

the image will resize your normal osd picons on the fly to fit your gigablue lcd.

go into the display settings and select "show with picon" i think thats the right option cant think of it off hand.

also, you can download and install LCD skin packs, from feeds, and then choose them in DISPLAY --> SKINS.

rossi2000
21-05-13, 16:46
most of them lcd skin packs look terrible, and thats if they display properly.

the best ones are the 2 default ones included with vix.
display only + display with picon (which looks the same as my lcd layout i uploaded a while back)

Larry-G
21-05-13, 16:54
most of them lcd skin packs look terrible, and thats if they display properly.

the best ones are the 2 default ones included with vix.
display only + display with picon (which looks the same as my lcd layout i uploaded a while back)

As with most of the image we have set things up so that users can create their own and then have them included in the feeds for others to use if they wish, sadly though most users are either not interested in or not able to contribute in creating LCD skins.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

hooperpm
21-05-13, 22:49
So, I don't have any picons at all. Under display>Settings have Show Display Icons > Yes and under Skin Setup>Default with Picons

Just have a blank LCD screen with this set.

Any help much appreciated. thanks

andyblac
21-05-13, 23:03
So, I don't have any picons at all. Under display>Settings have Show Display Icons > Yes and under Skin Setup>Default with Picons

Just have a blank LCD screen with this set.

Any help much appreciated. thanks
you have to also download a picon set from the feeds.

hooperpm
22-05-13, 08:56
Indeed, as I said previously, have installed the XML files skin_display220_no_picon.xml and skin_display220_picon.xml to /etc/enigma2 and have tried all sorts of locations for the picons (flash memory, USB stick and HDD) but without success.

If possible can someone with experience with a VIX build Gigablue Quad confirm exact file locations for the xml files and picons (don't want to leave them on a USB stick, would prefer to copy to flash or HDD).

Have just read elsewhere that the Picon folder should be named "picon" not "picons" can this be confirmed also?

Thanks for your help

you have to also download a picon set from the feeds.

andyblac
22-05-13, 11:48
Indeed, as I said previously, have installed the XML files skin_display220_no_picon.xml and skin_display220_picon.xml to /etc/enigma2 and have tried all sorts of locations for the picons (flash memory, USB stick and HDD) but without success.

these files are redundant now, and have no use.

If possible can someone with experience with a VIX build Gigablue Quad confirm exact file locations for the xml files and picons (don't want to leave them on a USB stick, would prefer to copy to flash or HDD).

Have just read elsewhere that the Picon folder should be named "picon" not "picons" can this be confirmed also?

Thanks for your help

as i said EVERYTHING you need is in the feeds, download picon sets from feed and choose where you want them installed, and as i said you activate lcd picons in SETUP --> SYSTEM --> DISPLAY --> SKINS SETUP. (there are more skins in the feeds).