PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue QUAD] Software Update Problem

madaboutlotus
15-01-13, 10:10
Hi
I have tried on several occaisons this morning to do a software update but I keep getting a message back saying 'A Background update check is in progress, please wait a few minutes and try again'.

What is this background update? It's not the EPG update as this is @ 04:00

mickyblueys
15-01-13, 10:14
I don't know how to fix you're problem, but it may pay you to do a search on the forum as I have seen this issue a few times in the last couple of days in other threads.

Edit: this may help

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?t=25094

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

madaboutlotus
15-01-13, 10:26
Thanks. It seems to be an update to the ocram-feed.conf that fixes the problem from you attached link, I will try but would be interested if anyone else has experienced this recently.

Larry-G
15-01-13, 18:23
if the feeds pointing to the ocram picons are the old ones you will see the background check message as the box is trying to connect to the dropbox where they used to be hosted, this is why it wont update as it cant lock onto that feed. once you swap out the old feeds for the new it should work just fine.

also be aware that if your on a image prior to build 519 we recommend that you do a full fresh flash due to changes made in the image, you can still create and restore a settings backup however.

madaboutlotus
17-01-13, 00:15
The update to the ocram file worked and I have now updated to build 562 successfully. Thanks for the suggestion. It now means I can see the radio channels now. :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk HD

madaboutlotus
22-01-13, 19:23
Following the success of the software updaate, I updated to build 569 and have lost my LCD picons on the display even though the file on my HDD folder is still there. Any clues.

marty
22-01-13, 19:28
Following the success of the software updaate, I updated to build 569 and have lost my LCD picons on the display even though the file on my HDD folder is still there. Any clues.

Mine are fine, where did you place the xml file?

madaboutlotus
22-01-13, 19:38
[QUOTE=marty;189947]Mine are fine, where did you place the xml file?[/QUO

skin_display220_no_picon.xml /etc/enigma2

It has always worked fine before the update?

s1m0nw
22-01-13, 19:44
Try this

Open up a telnet session and type the following

ln -s /media/hdd/picon /usr/share/enigma2

Then hit enter once thats done restart enigma and picons should appear

madaboutlotus
22-01-13, 21:13
I'll give that a go when my recording have stopped. I'll keep you posted. Great feedback thanks

Rob van der Does
22-01-13, 22:25
Moved to the correct section.

madaboutlotus
23-01-13, 10:04
The picons are now restored. Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2