PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Poor picture

mkhan
14-01-13, 22:28
My Vu duo crashed today and I decided to load the latest Vix image and was very surprised to see how poor the picture was on both SD & HD channels when compared to the Vix 2.4 image I was previously using.

Does anyone know why this difference exists between new and previous images?

I'm thinking of reverting back to the image I was using.

judge
14-01-13, 22:36
You didn't restore a 2.4 settings backup on 3.x did you?
I'd check your TV settings, PQ on the DUO is just as good on 2.4 as it is on 3.x

mkhan
14-01-13, 22:54
I did a fresh install of the latest image and am still using the 3.0 image.
The TV settings are the same and have not been changed.

Larry-G
14-01-13, 23:47
The only thing that can affect picture quality is the Drivers issued by Vu, it's not some thing we can control. That said i have no issues with PQ my self on either of my Duo's.

Rob van der Does
15-01-13, 07:03
Moved to the correct section.

2stein
15-01-13, 09:21
i moved from 2.2 to 3.0 and my perception is that the picture quality is better... i just left the defaults for the various settings.

andyblac
15-01-13, 12:36
My Vu duo crashed today and I decided to load the latest Vix image and was very surprised to see how poor the picture was on both SD & HD channels when compared to the Vix 2.4 image I was previously using.

Does anyone know why this difference exists between new and previous images?

I'm thinking of reverting back to the image I was using.

if the default's are not to your taste, you can adjust it to suite you, is System --> VideoEnhancement

mkhan
17-01-13, 16:55
The only thing that can affect picture quality is the Drivers issued by Vu, it's not some thing we can control. That said i have no issues with PQ my self on either of my Duo's.

Hi Phoenix mate hope you are well? Your right its the drivers, I've been playing with previous Vu drivers and manage to get the quality to what it was on the image I was previously using.

I tried adjusting the settings in Video Enhancement using the latest drivers and it made the picture slightly worse.

Larry-G
17-01-13, 17:06
yeah i'm fine buddy, hope your well, and nice to see you on the forum.

yes as i said PQ is driver dependent although i have not noticed any discernible differences my self with both my Duo's but then again it has been a very long time since i used such a old image / drivers.

mcquaim
17-01-13, 18:05
Your right its the drivers, I've been playing with previous Vu drivers and manage to get the quality to what it was on the image I was previously using.

Have you any screenshots with the comparison between old and new drivers?

I find it mad if there was a big drop-off in picture quality and we hadn't more complaining.. It is that long since I was on 2.2 or 2.4 I can't remember what the pic quality was like..

Are you saying that you have old drivers now working with the latest image or just reverted back to 2.2 or 2.4? Interesting if this is the case...

Rob van der Does
17-01-13, 18:09
PQ of all VU's has been fine in all drivers.
If there's a problem all so-called 'video enhancements' (in both the STB and the TV) should be disabled.

Lothar2
22-01-13, 20:19
Your right its the drivers, I've been playing with previous Vu drivers and manage to get the quality to what it was on the image I was previously using.

And? What drivers bring back the good image of VIX2.4.

Thanks

Rob van der Does
22-01-13, 21:32
I can only repeat what I said before: there is no PQ problem with any version of the drivers.

Lothar2
22-01-13, 22:19
I see. Especially the drivers 3.1.1 are included since the release of OE3.
But I also have a feeling that since about December, the SD image has lost some resolution/sharpenes and become grainy effect. :confused:
But maybe you're just too spoiled by HD in the meantime.

Larry-G
23-01-13, 17:08
But maybe you're just too spoiled by HD in the meantime.

I think you have pretty much hit the nail on the head rite there.

We are all getting more used to HD content and as a result we tend to notice more the poor quality of SD content, especially as the providers try to cram more and more data into a ever dwindling and cramped bandwidth allocation.

I dont personally think its a decrease in PQ on the receivers part but more likely on the broadcasters end.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Lothar2
23-01-13, 17:26
yes, especially the german FreeTV save increasingly PQ. she want to sell their HD + PayTv. :(