PDA

View Full Version : Vu+duo experts got one question regarding MMS streaming!

samad
22-09-10, 23:33
Is it possible to create a mms stream through vu+ duo? Like you know one can use windows encoder and tv tuner card and stream stuff which gives you mms://link.

I have to create a windows media player links thats all which is mms/rtps.

So anyone who can tell me if its possible?

samad
23-09-10, 17:18
So any experts?

grtmoby
23-09-10, 17:21
what are you trying to do, u can have links and stream with no need for the mms

samad
23-09-10, 17:25
grtmoby - here is the thing.

I stream cricket matches. For that my setup is following at the moment.

PC with tv tuner card, and then I use windows encoder and get a mms:// stream link.

Then I have a windows server in US with windows media services installed, from there form my "source" mms link I can generate duplicates.

So I use my mms as source and then use the windows server in US.

What i want is a way so I can get a mms link created by the vu+ duo, and not my tv tuner card, because when I use an anologue tv tuner card the quality sucks, and if I can get it done from vu+duo the quality will be much better.

I hope you understand what I mean.

Sicilian
24-09-10, 06:10
From the webinterface that can get a stream.m3u that enables you to play a stream through VLC player on your PC, don't know if that helps or not :confused:

samad
24-09-10, 07:19
http://(my ip):(my port)/1:0:19:EE6:7EC:2:11A0000:0:0:0::333

I got that to work! Now the question is from VLC how to transcode / send or push the stream to my windows server.

Sigh! I will let you guys know if I succeed.

unisat
24-09-10, 08:15
Hi.

Please check your inbox. Sent a link that could be useful.

unisat
24-09-10, 08:21
Hi,
sent you a private message with a useful link. Hope it helps. sorry can not post link here.

Sicilian
24-09-10, 08:24
Hi,
sent you a private message with a useful link. Hope it helps. sorry can not post link here.

Why not post the info here and not the link if its against the rules?

samad
24-09-10, 08:44
I got the link thanks, but can the mods post it here, so others can try to follow it and see if the shit works.

I will try to see if I get it to work, if yes I will make a nice tutorial guide for the vu plus community here.

But I would love to hear if someone else who is good with vu+ wants to give it a try.

pooface
24-09-10, 09:37
Have you tried using this guide (http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?985-remote-dvb-stream-problem&p=5423&viewfull=1#post5423), as that creates a mms re-stream for you to use on a windows media player...

If that doesn't work, then it may be worth contacting the person who wrote the re-streamer software, and see if he knows a way to get vlc to re-stream as mms for what you need...

http://mfaraj57.9k.com/

unisat
24-09-10, 14:45
The info is quite long. If you wish I can gladly oblige.

unisat
24-09-10, 14:50
Why not post the info here and not the link if its against the rules?

pooface posted the guide am talking about.

So no need for duplication.

Regards

samad
24-09-10, 15:27
that guide pooface posted is it for enigma1 or enigma2 receivers?

pooface
24-09-10, 15:58
that guide pooface posted is it for enigma1 or enigma2 receivers?

It's in the vu duo section. So it must work at least on that box ;)

Seriously, I tested it on my vu duo when the world cup was on... It might work for e1 boxes also, but it defo worked on the duo...

samad
24-09-10, 16:10
Cool I will try it out when I get home tonight.

Any others who have tried using it? Or can someone try it.

Thanks for all the replies.

samad
25-09-10, 01:19
It's in the vu duo section. So it must work at least on that box ;)

Seriously, I tested it on my vu duo when the world cup was on... It might work for e1 boxes also, but it defo worked on the duo...

got it to work with non hd channels, but the hd channels cannot be streamed, when I try to stream any HD , the vlc player opens and it crashes : ) but non hd channels are working.