PDA

View Full Version : pub issues spiderbox 9000hd

peterf72
22-09-10, 22:17
hi my friend has a pub now my question is that he wants to install a spiderbox 9000hd in his pub and show the football etc now he wants to no what issues will arise as in sky local council or goverment and what come backs will there be cheers peter

Stanman
24-09-10, 19:35
If he buys from SKY than its going to the commercial contract and should have no problems with any of those three.

If its going to be foreign channels and than last two wont be innterested if the dish complys with planning law but the first will.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7155939.stm

peterf72
29-10-10, 12:42
thank u so much stanman topman

Larry-G
29-10-10, 13:05
have you actually read the article ?

and i quote

"We hope that publicans and others will now heed the advice of the courts and accept that the use of foreign satellite systems to screen Premier League football in the UK is copyright theft, pure and simple," said league spokesman Dan Johnson.

granted the case may not yet be over but at present it is still illegal to show a football match to paying punters using any other method than a sky uk publicans package..
there have been some test cases in recent years where the publicans have won their case but it can differ vastly from council to council.

digidude
29-10-10, 15:14
using a spiderbox to connect to a remote server in order to decode a channel, then show it in a public place WILL see the landlord thrown in jail for sly to broadcast LOUD AND CLEAR that foreign football is illegal

however

using a proper licensed receiver and a paid for subscription sourced from WITHIN the EU, (NOT albanian or arabic) then sly, MPS and the FAPL will not be able to do anything

neil306
07-11-10, 00:53
It all has to be proved first the landlord just has to say he has a subscription bought from the eu and tell them to leave. They cannot ask him to show them the card or his equipment unless they have a warrant which only the police could get. I have heard this has been happening in pubs with G4s acting for sky waving letters around in front of them and saying they are going to confiscate equipment from them.
G4S do not have any right to inspect legally imported smart cards or equipment and by making such false representations, I feel they are liable to arrest and criminal prosecution.
European Court of Justice; - Evidence given in court said the cross border movement of smart cards is freely allowed by EU Law article 81.

Fraud Act 2006 - Section 2 - Fraud by false representation

(1)A person is in breach of this section if he—

(a)dishonestly makes a false representation, and

(b)intends, by making the representation—

(i)to make a gain for himself or another, or

(ii)to cause loss to another or "to expose another to a risk of loss".

This is what i have read up on and heard from a couple of landlords

Larry-G
07-11-10, 07:52
It all has to be proved first the landlord just has to say he has a subscription bought from the eu and tell them to leave. They cannot ask him to show them the card or his equipment unless they have a warrant which only the police could get. I have heard this has been happening in pubs with G4s acting for sky waving letters around in front of them and saying they are going to confiscate equipment from them.
G4S do not have any right to inspect legally imported smart cards or equipment and by making such false representations, I feel they are liable to arrest and criminal prosecution.
European Court of Justice; - Evidence given in court said the cross border movement of smart cards is freely allowed by EU Law article 81.

Fraud Act 2006 - Section 2 - Fraud by false representation

(1)A person is in breach of this section if he—

(a)dishonestly makes a false representation, and

(b)intends, by making the representation—

(i)to make a gain for himself or another, or

(ii)to cause loss to another or "to expose another to a risk of loss".

This is what i have read up on and heard from a couple of landlords

while it may be true for equipment that carries a foreign subscirbed card the spider box does not. the sole purpose of the spiderbox and it's so called gift package is card sharing. and believe me when i tell you this. if you get caught using a card server out of a public house you are going to jail, sky will make a pretty big example of you.