PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue QUAD] Gigablue Quad Motorised Dishes issues VIX build 562.

dwarf
14-01-13, 16:30
I've had an issue with my motorised setup since setting it up before xmas.

My setup is tuner a is set up as usals and tuner b simple single 28.2 east

The issue I have is the box will not drive the motor to another satellite on tuner A if tuner B has been used.

For example if I view a channel on 13 east then switch to a channel on 28.2 east the box will switch from tuner A to tuner B as expected but then if you switch to something on 19.2 east the box will switch to tuner A but the motor won't move but the positioner symbol flashes.

The only way I can get round it is to customise the tuners and set tuner A as the preferred tuner. This works fine but isn't ideal if I start recording the current channel (normally a 28.2 channel) as i'm then stuck on that satellite and can't channel hop on anything other than 28.2

Surely this isn't the way it's supposed to be? I bought the quad as I wanted to have 2 feeds to 28.2 east and one motorised (when tuners become available) for fast 28.2 zapping and recording but it not going to work out that way. I did have a duo but I sold it so I can't tell if its a box issue or not.

Could this be another drivers issue if so thats fine I'm willing to be patient as the box works great other wise ( apart from a few media player issues eg lack of dvd sound)

I've tried a reflash with a fresh setup (no backup of settings) and I'm running the latest build.

Thanks in advance

Davie

marty
14-01-13, 16:36
Tried swopping tuner a and b around? (have b as the motorised dish)

dwarf
14-01-13, 16:49
Yeah should have mentioned that. That was the way it was originally set up.

marty
14-01-13, 16:55
Yeah should have mentioned that. That was the way it was originally set up.

OK but did you have tuner 'a' as preferred tuner (with tuner b with the motor)
I can't really test it myself as my motor has died and its too bloody cold to go messing about on the roof :p

dwarf
14-01-13, 20:46
Hi Marty.

Just tested it and it's the same result. If I switch tuners the motor stops turning. If I hop constantly between sats on the motorised tuner then it works until I go back to 28.2 then it stops working.

marty
14-01-13, 20:50
I dunno what to say :confused:
Maybe someone else will have an answer :)

Stanman
14-01-13, 20:52
What are your settings:

Using USALS here on a GB quad and A is fixed 28.2E and B is motor, 9% of my viewing is sly and always uses A but on the occasions when I have watched euro footy and switched back to sly it always uses A except if I was watching A and a recording kicked in, in which case it uses B as that is the free tuner at the time.

dwarf
14-01-13, 21:04
Thanks marty.

Stanman my settings are:-

Tuner A Simple Positioner usals
Tuner B Simple Single 28.2e

Can't work it out.

dwarf
14-01-13, 21:09
Thats how I expect mine to work Stanman

dwarf
15-01-13, 00:49
Just tried openmips to rule out the image and it's still the same.

I'm new to motors and I noticed when tuner A is not being used the light on the motor goes out (so no power, makes sense).

Could it be that the motor when powering up is taking a short while to initialise (i'm guessing theres firmware to load) and it is missing the commands during this initialisation?

It's not the motor I wanted but they claimed it was an equivilant it was getting close to xmas and I couldn't be bothered with the hassle of sending it back.

It's a new horizons motor and I'm struggling to find anyone posting about using one. The only feedback I can find about it is on the manufacturers website:rolleyes:

I can get hold of another box to try but I don't think it's the box now.

Rob van der Does
15-01-13, 07:02
Moved to the correct section.

dwarf
15-01-13, 11:45
I've come to the conclusion the motor is the issue.

New horizons couldn't offer any help and called my setup complicated?!? I thought my setup sounded pretty standard to be honest.

So the supplier is offering me a replacement or refund. I've gone for a refund.

So which motor do I go for Technomate tm2600 or a alsat Dark superior?

Sicilian
15-01-13, 11:52
So the supplier is offering me a replacement or refund. I've gone for a refund.

So which motor do I go for Technomate tm2600 or a alsat Dark superior?

Both are very good, you won't go wrong with either.

dwarf
15-01-13, 12:03
I think I'll go for the tm2600 as it seems a very popular choice on the forum and I haven't read of one failing.

Thanks Sicilian.:thumbsup:

Stanman
15-01-13, 22:30
Any one of these will do your job

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/DiSEqC-Motors-Positioners

The Alsat premium has nice lights on it and IIRC they can also be used when alighing the motor but may be talking crap and mixing stuff up.

dwarf
16-01-13, 10:37
Cheers Stanman, I was swithering with the alsat one but I thought the led's would be a bit of a gimmick and you'll never see them again once the dish is setup.

In the end I ordered the TM-2600 which is coming today from the sponsor, As usual the best price and best service :thumbsup:

dwarf
17-01-13, 10:51
I just wanted to update this thread incase anyone has similar issues in the future.

I swapped my motor last night to a tm-2600 and I can now switch between my fixed dish and motorised dish perfectly :cool:

I should have sent the other motor back as soon as I received it but I was desperate to get my dish up and impatience got the better of me.

So personally I would avoid a New Horizons NH210 motor and stick with the tm-2600.