PDA

View Full Version : How can i stream live tv from Vu Duo to my HTPC?

mushroom
22-09-10, 21:01
Hi
I have a linux htpc on my tv setup running latest Xbmc Live Dharma release.I want to stream live tv from my vu to xbmc as also to my Google N1 mobile.Can you suggest me a way to achieve it?

grtmoby
22-09-10, 21:44
you just need to use the webinterace and click the computer icon at the far right of the channel name.

to access webinterface ust type ur ip address in the browser and you shall be good :)

steford
22-09-10, 22:53
One way I've found for XBMC is to use the web interface on a PC to open a stream then look at the actual stream being played in your media player (via properties or whatever). This can then be copied into a blank text file and renamed mystream.strm - navigating to this file via videos menu in XBMC and hitting enter should then play it. It's a little cumbersome in that you'll need a file per channel and my original XBOX can't handle it - PC based XBMC ought to be able to though. I'm sure there's a better way as XBMC can negotiate HTTP to the box in theory but I'm not sure how it would get menus etc. A nice script/plugin would sort things out.

mushroom
23-09-10, 06:58
Goodmorning
Thanx for the replies.Finally while browsing xbmc forums i discovered a plugin called enigma2.I installed it from within xbmc and voila.i see my bouquets in xbmc and can zap to both fta and encrypted channels.i will test today more functions like epg and recording but just watching is enough for me