PDA

View Full Version : Possible to change "recording" quality in vu+ duo=

samad
22-09-10, 20:37
I tried to record few minutes from SKY Sports HD1, the quality is amazing.

Can someone tell me if it is possible to change the recording quality in vu+ duo so files are bit smaller? and also what extensions are videos saved in , what codec? I can play thosefiles in my windows media player, but what format is it.

It is .ts format.

So let me know about the quailty.

And what is the best way to take screen tv shots from hd channels? any plugin that does it?

grtmoby
22-09-10, 22:25
And what is the best way to take screen tv shots from hd channels? any plugin that does it?

best and easiest way is through webinterface

samad
22-09-10, 22:27
I know you can take screenshots thru webinterface but the frames sometimes move way too fast. like if you are watching NBA on HD channel, i want some program that doesnt make fuzzy frames when taking screenshot.

What about the recording quality? from where to change. I looked in setup, NO luck.

andyblac
23-09-10, 00:06
the recorder just saves the stream as is, from the broadcaster, use HandBreak (do a Google search) to compress and convert to mkv the , also if you need to remove the add breaks i use 'VideoReDo TVSuite'

samad
23-09-10, 00:08
adny - thanks for the reply. That means we cannot save any settings for the quality, and I just have to re-convert using a software if I wish to make the file size smaller or convert it to another format like mkv.

Thanks!