PDA

View Full Version : Mr Mister/ vix new channel list problem

HBiling
13-01-13, 10:34
I've updated to the new mr mister/ vix channel list but everytime i try and change channel, i always get stuck with the spinning vix in the corner. its the first time its happening, but when i go back to the old mr mister channel lists, it works fine, just this new channel list the error starts happening. When i upload, i restart the enigma and it works fine for an hour. After that the spinning vix comes back on.

marty
13-01-13, 10:37
What box are you using? and what image?

HBiling
13-01-13, 10:43
What box are you using? and what image?

Vu+ Duo and image version 2.4

marty
13-01-13, 10:49
Old image, best update to the latest image and take it from there :thumbsup:
Did you use Dreambox Edit to upload them?

HBiling
13-01-13, 10:56
Could you send me a link to the latest image please? And yeah i used dreambox edit

marty
13-01-13, 11:02
This should be the lastest stable release :thumbsup:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=Vu%2BDuo/&file=openvix-3.0.558-vuduo_usb.zip

Best NOT to restore anything after flashing, do a fresh setup ;)

HBiling
13-01-13, 13:06
This should be the lastest stable release :thumbsup:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=Vu%2BDuo/&file=openvix-3.0.558-vuduo_usb.zip

Best NOT to restore anything after flashing, do a fresh setup ;)

First i flashed it with bootloader, then i flashed the image that you gave me. But now it's stuck on starting with the red light! have i forgot any steps or something?

Larry-G
13-01-13, 13:20
if your receiver was already running a ViX 2.4 / 3.0 image there was absolutly no need to flash the bootloader again. flashing a bootloader is only required as and when a new one is released and is pretty much the same as flashing the bios on your PC, if this goes wrong it can result in the permant death of the receiver.

HBiling
13-01-13, 14:04
if your receiver was already running a ViX 2.4 / 3.0 image there was absolutly no need to flash the bootloader again. flashing a bootloader is only required as and when a new one is released and is pretty much the same as flashing the bios on your PC, if this goes wrong it can result in the permant death of the receiver.

Oh okay, so if i want to update it. Switch the vu+ duo off, stick the vix 3.0 files onto a usb fat32 stick, put it in the box, then switch it on. It should update by itself?

marty
13-01-13, 14:06
Oh okay, so if i want to update it. Switch the vu+ duo off, stick the vix 3.0 files onto a usb fat32 stick, put it in the box, then switch it on. It should update by itself?

Basically, yep :)
Make sure the file is unzipped and in the right directory ;)

HBiling
13-01-13, 14:13
Basically, yep :)
Make sure the file is unzipped and in the right directory ;)

Sounds good, but one more question, Will i have to install programs like cccam again?

marty
13-01-13, 14:14
Yep, tisn't hard to do :)

palbhan
13-01-13, 20:41
after installing cccam and setup the c-line, I am somehow not getting the channel list I sued to get in different folders. How can I get the similar folders which has channel list like movies, music,international etc. if you can guide on that much appreciated as I have installed version 3.0.339 today.

judge
13-01-13, 20:45
Upload to the latest build...
Menu -> Setup -> Service Searching -> AutobouquetsMaker.