PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue HD800SE] not signal sent to TV throught HDMI when switching receiver on from standby

Meskeske
13-01-13, 02:05
Hi Everyone

Maybe I did change some settings on the receiver and tried diffent ways but I cannot find the soluion.... this is making me nut :mad:

Everytime that I switch the receiver on, from standby position, no signal is sent to the TV using HDMI ext 1.
Tried different HDMI ext in the TV, 3 available, and nothing is working. Only when the receiver gets rebooted immediatly the signal is sent to the TV ext.

Now I must leave the receiver in deep standby this will enable me to unplug and plug the cable from the back of the receiver, however I cannot download EPG over night or early hours in the morning and this is very annoying!!!

Any idea what I am doing wrong :confused:

Thanks

marty
13-01-13, 10:57
What do you see when you press menu/setup/system/avsettings?

Should say HDMI

marty
13-01-13, 10:58
Forgot to ask, do you have HDMI CEC enabled?

Meskeske
13-01-13, 12:54
Hi Marty,

my receiver is set up extacly the same as your screenshot ext HDMI.
I did enable HDMI CEC but the issue persist... not sure what else to do!

Thanks for your advice though Marty

Meskeske

Rob van der Does
13-01-13, 13:22
HDMI-CEC has nothing to do with the HDMI-signal; it's just for passing on commands like input/volume etc.
Without HDMI-CEC the box should be fully functional and presenting the signal to the TV.

HDMI-handshakes can be a bit triggy, as many TV manufacturers use their own sub-protocol.

Meskeske
13-01-13, 15:13
Thanks Rob for the clarification.

I used to have a techomate HD using the same exit and the signal was sent to the ext tv, HDMI ext 1, with no issues.
Checked my TV instruction and it says nothing, the connection/signal should be pickd up straight away once the received should be turned on.... very awkward :rolleyes:

Rob van der Does
13-01-13, 15:18
Checked my TV instruction and it says nothing, the connection/signal should be pickd up straight away once the received should be turned on...
Yes, it should.....
Sometimes it helps to set the box to (normal) standby for a sec, sometimes you can dis-and reconnect the HDMI-lead, sometimes you have to reboot the box or the TV............

Ehsan0
12-07-13, 18:50
same problem happens with my solo receiver, component port is ok, but hdmi port does not send anything to tv, it taks about three minutes to display the the image in Tv
any suggestions?

Rob van der Does
12-07-13, 18:55
Try another TV and/or cable.

BubbleBalls
12-07-13, 19:28
Is there not a setting somewhere that sets a timeout for handshake? I remember increasing one of the time settings. Not at the box now.

Tapatalker

Rob van der Does
12-07-13, 19:31
Ahh, indeed an option: 'skip HDMI EDID Check' (in audio menu).