PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Solo 2 + Motorised Dish Setup

Easty
12-01-13, 20:49
Hi Guys,

Recently just purchased a Vu+ Solo 2 & Motorised Dish Package from WOF

On my reciever when i try to enter numbers into any menu for e.g. my details on tuner configuration it doesnt let me ive tried rebooting etc..

Ive also tried puttin a fresh image on my box from USB but it just sits there and once i reboot it goes back to the image from before.

Any pointers or ideas how i can start fresh again, or fix it?

ja5
12-01-13, 20:59
Click the tuner you want to use then go right to simple then down to mode and change that to positoner then enter you lat and long

Easty
12-01-13, 21:00
Thanks for the prompt reply, when i do that it hangs the box and Vix just spins at the top LH corner!

ja5
12-01-13, 21:49
Thanks for the prompt reply, when i do that it hangs the box and Vix just spins at the top LH corner!

Best try another flash with the latest vix or maybe try another image like vti or bh to test

Easty
13-01-13, 09:13
Re flashed now I've entered them settings into both tuners at last!

Just need to play around with the dish to get a signal and locked onto Thor as a middle ground

ja5
13-01-13, 10:29
Glad you got it sorted

Dont need to put into both tuners tho unless you have two motors lol

Hope you had a good read on how to setup a motor dish !!

Re flashed now I've entered them settings into both tuners at last!

Just need to play around with the dish to get a signal and locked onto Thor as a middle ground

Easty
13-01-13, 13:51
Glad you got it sorted

Dont need to put into both tuners tho unless you have two motors lol

Hope you had a good read on how to setup a motor dish !!

Do I need to do loop through on second tuner then?

I've had a little play this morning on the satellite finder I can get the signal up to 60 and from my compass is meant to be Thor but on the receiver I'm getting no signal what so ever

Think best option is to get dish set up properly by someone and go from there

Larry-G
13-01-13, 13:54
Do I need to do loop through on second tuner then?

I've had a little play this morning on the satellite finder I can get the signal up to 60 and from my compass is meant to be Thor but on the receiver I'm getting no signal what so ever

Think best option is to get dish set up properly by someone and go from there

ideally you dont want to use loopthrough at all.

The best solution is to have a dual or quad LNB on the dish with one feed to the motor and then on to tuner A and another feed strait to tuner B. using loopthrough while handy will severely limit the box and in my opinion be a waste of a dual tuner receiver.

Rob van der Does
13-01-13, 13:59
using loopthrough while handy will severely limit the box and in my opinion be a waste of a dual tuner receiver.
Depemds very much on how the most-watched-channels are dispersed over the four 'quadrants'. If most of them are in the same, a loopthrough is an acceptable option.
Anyway: if OP has only one feed, a loopthrough is his only option.

ja5
13-01-13, 14:01
Tbh i dont know your setup?? dual lnb on a motor??

Your need the motor true south and a spirit level to check the pole ?? mount is straight and you have the dish setup correctly.
Im guess your 60 wasnt thor but something else too,

Tbh isnt good to learn how to do it but like anything without a descent meter you could be trying for sometime !!

Rob van der Does
13-01-13, 14:08
like anything without a descent meter you could be trying for sometime !!
Well, I find the present smartphone & PC applications very useful for this.
And even without those I've been able to setup my motors rather quick (years ago, before having any Linux box).

ja5
13-01-13, 14:56
Im sure you could :) lol but i couldnt first time but might have better luck now but 30ft up a ladder can be tricky lol

I hope he can to :D

Well, I find the present smartphone & PC applications very useful for this.
And even without those I've been able to setup my motors rather quick (years ago, before having any Linux box).

Easty
13-01-13, 15:47
Thanks for the replys guys.

My setup is quad technomate lnb , technomate motor , 80cm technomate dish.

1st feed from lnb to motor - motor to reciever
second feed from lnb straight to reciever

Ive got the motor setup as per the guidlines on my latitude / longititude but somewhere somthing has got to be out as ive gone through all of the satellies in my list and get no signal on all of them but the meter is defo giving me a good reading on 1 somwhere

I think im going to take the dish / motor down and have a play with a ground mount at my workplace and work out how to use the meters and get it setup properly ive made up some spare satellite cables so will have a play in the week.

Easty
13-01-13, 17:33
Just to also add to the mix.

Plugged box into a friends dish from the big uk supplier which we all know.
Got it connected to the router
CCCam is running and connected to my
I have a full channel list, BBC one / Two etc. are working but none of my test channels just a black screen.
Its pointing at 28.2e and locked on
Signal is looking good in the tuner menu 78%

What am i doing wrong? :attention:

saxon
13-01-13, 17:45
just another way if you still have your mini dish you can use that on one tuner and your motor on another tuner as i find that a better alternative to a loop through

Stanman
13-01-13, 18:01
Rules apply to LAN and WAN

Easty
13-01-13, 18:05
Appologies

ja5
13-01-13, 19:21
Well its good you not given up so easy its all about learning and if u have problems or want to change things later you can do it lol

Have you tried dishpointer and enter you postcode and 0.8 and it show you dish setup and see what you set your dish too.

Thanks for the replys guys.

My setup is quad technomate lnb , technomate motor , 80cm technomate dish.

1st feed from lnb to motor - motor to reciever
second feed from lnb straight to reciever

Ive got the motor setup as per the guidlines on my latitude / longititude but somewhere somthing has got to be out as ive gone through all of the satellies in my list and get no signal on all of them but the meter is defo giving me a good reading on 1 somwhere

I think im going to take the dish / motor down and have a play with a ground mount at my workplace and work out how to use the meters and get it setup properly ive made up some spare satellite cables so will have a play in the week.

Easty
14-01-13, 15:11
Well its good you not given up so easy its all about learning and if u have problems or want to change things later you can do it lol

Have you tried dishpointer and enter you postcode and 0.8 and it show you dish setup and see what you set your dish too.

It works perfectly fine on the sly uk dish so I know the config on the box is ok. Just need to get the dish down and make sure its all as per dish pointer states and go from there.

But ive learn quite a bit already in the last few days..