PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] BBC iplayer

machare
12-01-13, 16:53
The BBC iPlayer plugin from the xxxxxform is running quite nicely on my ET9000.:)

supra59uk
12-01-13, 21:54
Hi machare what image are u on mate thanks

machare
12-01-13, 22:07
Build 553. The iplayer plugin came from the above mentioned forum.

s1m0nw
12-01-13, 22:27
Mate remove the name of forum before you get an infraction or something.

Also bbc iplayer plugin has also been posted on this foeum aswell rogerthis designed it

Stanman
12-01-13, 22:46
The BBC iPlayer plugin from the xxxxxform is running quite nicely on my ET9000.:)

I have removed the web address - pleae abide by forum rules

The catch up players have got absolutely nothing to do with the website you mentioned, they have been created by a member here Rogerthis independent of any other "author" or website.

Thanks

machare
13-01-13, 00:29
The catch up players have got absolutely nothing to do with the website you mentioned, they have been created by a member here Rogerthis independent of any other "author" or website.

ThanksIt is a nice plugin, that was my only point. I apologize if I mentioned another website, I was not meaning to cause offence.

digidude
15-01-13, 16:05
they have been created by a member here Rogerthis independent of any other "author"

taken from an irish forum

I worked with digidude to make BBC iPlayer - It's UK only unless you use a VPN

judge
15-01-13, 16:29
taken from an irish forum

Looking at the code and comparing it to the previous player plugins created by Rogerthis, I'd guess Rogerthis wrote this one 100% too, well maybe not 100%, you did manage to fill the about screen with your links.

mickyblueys
15-01-13, 16:40
If Rogerthis managed to give credit himself to digidude for his help, why can't you guys!

extremely childish

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

judge
15-01-13, 16:44
extremely childish

nothing childish about it, just stating what I can see from looking at the code.

mickyblueys
15-01-13, 16:47
Your little snipe about only putting in links, sounds childish to me

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?p=186738

As I said if Rogerthis can acknowledge him I think others should.

Larry-G
15-01-13, 16:57
If Rogerthis managed to give credit himself to digidude for his help, why can't you guys!

extremely childish

To be honest I cant be bothered, I have more important things to worry about than hurting this prats feelings.

I will say this though, at every turn we get grief from him and his cheerleaders no matter what we do.

yes its a bit childish but after the stink he kicked up at us having the sif , wos and OE-A links in the about screen for ABM its kind of nice to see the shoe on the other foot for a change.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

digidude
15-01-13, 17:05
Looking at the code and comparing it to the previous player plugins created by Rogerthis, I'd guess Rogerthis wrote this one 100% too, well maybe not 100%, you did manage to fill the about screen with your links.

would that be the previous code that was posted, along with links to an xbmc tutorial with how to improve and make online players, that people were talking about the possibility of an iplayer in?

what happened to this attitude

we always welcome and respect those with the drive to investigate and have a play for them selves. so big thanks for your alterations, they may not be to every ones liking but some will like and use them.

or does that only count as long as im nothing to do with anything?

Phoenix, the 'stink' wasnt about links, it was a simple question, asked straight to the point, because ONLY the about screen IS selectable when using some image / receiver combinations

Larry-G
15-01-13, 17:11
would that be the previous code that was posted, along with links to an xbmc tutorial with how to improve and make online players, that people were talking about the possibility of an iplayer in?

what happened to this attitude

or does that only count as long as im nothing to do with anything?

Phoenix, the 'stink' wasnt about links, it was a simple question, asked straight to the point, because ONLY the about screen IS selectable when using some image / receiver combinations

Craig im mot going to bite, frankly I have had enough of your slimy underhanded tactics. your welcome to do whatever they hell you want but you wont ever get any recognition or praise from me, because unlike your sheep Im not buying your brand of crap.

Now you can take this reply however you like. You can go back to your forum and slag us all off till the cows come home, I just do not care.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

judge
15-01-13, 17:15

Yes, it would be & I don't get your point?
anyway, I've no intention of getting into an argument with you as I don't know you from adam.

Anyone who wants to look at the code can do so for themselves, BBC iPlayer one is identical to the RTE player except for the obvious links to other streaming services.

digidude
15-01-13, 17:16
I just do not care.

at least we still have something in common ;)

digidude
15-01-13, 17:19
BBC iPlayer one is identical to the RTE player except for the obvious links to other streaming services.

and the way the links are generated, after being scraped, numerous times, then recompiled, between each scrape, which CANNOT be done just by looking at the websites or their source codes

copy just the links from the iplayer plugin into the rte plugin to see the difference

Sicilian
15-01-13, 17:21
at least we still have something in common ;)

Thats good then, as I'm not interested in debates, arguments like this here.

Keep this civil please guys.

mickyblueys
15-01-13, 17:24
I'm not a sheep, if you were refering to me. I'm sorry for opening a can of worms. Didn't realise there was history. From the outside looking in, I just thought credit given for credit due.

Larry-G
15-01-13, 17:26
I'm not a sheep, if you were refering to me. I'm sorry for opening a can of worms. Didn't realise there was history. From the outside looking in, I just thought credit given for credit due.

no i was not referring to you, and yes there is a long history between us, but thats not for here or now.

This thread has now gone far enough off topic, so we can leave it there.

mickyblueys
15-01-13, 17:37
No problem......everybody keep up the good work ,for us novices appreciate everything all you guys do.

Sicilian
15-01-13, 17:40
Coffee anyone? :p :coffee::zoom:

Larry-G
15-01-13, 17:43
Coffee anyone? :p :coffee::zoom:

maybe something a wee bit stronger ?.

Sicilian
15-01-13, 17:44
maybe something a wee bit stronger ?.

Here you go :p :beer_toast:

Larry-G
15-01-13, 17:48
Here you go :p :beer_toast:

Muchas gracias, i think i'll have a glass of this instead.

http://www.masterofmalt.com/brandy/vecchia-romagna-10-year-old-brandy/

and yes i know the threads really off topic now LOL.

Rob van der Does
15-01-13, 17:56
and yes i know the threads really off topic now LOL.
It's about time a moderator jumps in :D

Mr. Mister
15-01-13, 18:00
It's about time a moderator jumps in :D

Yeah.. But as usual.. your too late.. lmao

IAmATeaf
16-01-13, 22:23
I was playing around with this plugin and when I manage to get a stream going it's all zoomed in, so for example the BBC logo is almost off the screen. I tried playing around with AV settings but no joy, anybody else getting this or know how to fix it?

Larry-G
16-01-13, 22:25
I think thats the biggest problem at the moment, the resolution for some of the programs is absolute pants, and i'm not sure if any thing can be done to correct it.

shizik
24-01-13, 14:55
enigma crashes every time i start to watch something from any link ( bbc1 , bbc2 , comedy ... ) so do i need IP from UK ? or its fine from anywhere in EU ?

twol
24-01-13, 15:49
enigma crashes every time i start to watch something from any link ( bbc1 , bbc2 , comedy ... ) so do i need IP from UK ? or its fine from anywhere in EU ?

You need a UK IP

Larry-G
24-01-13, 15:59
The BBC iplayer like all of the other on-demand players is GEO locked, meaning that you either need to physically be in the uk or running a proxy to fool it into thinking you are.

machare
24-01-13, 17:17
so do i need IP from UK ?Yes, though I would agree that it should not just crash. The BBC restrict iPlayer TV to the UK, Radio should be available outside the UK.

Rob van der Does
24-01-13, 20:03
Yes, though I would agree that it should not just crash. The BBC restrict iPlayer TV to the UK, Radio should be available outside the UK.
The 'crash on wrong IP' will be fixed.

zenith
26-01-13, 21:25
is there anyway to enable subs on this plugin?

alpine
28-01-13, 21:17
Is there any way this plugin can rewind/pause/forward the stream?

Thanks,
Alpine

mickyblueys
29-01-13, 00:20
I haven't used it for a week or so, but the last time I used it, I'm sure I could pause rewind and such.

judge
29-01-13, 00:26
What box are you using? some don't currently work well with pause/play/wind/rewind...

MarsArtis
02-02-13, 10:23
is there a proxy plugin available for VIX images?