PDA

View Full Version : Quad display issue

dragoscevero
12-01-13, 15:06
Hi to all,
I've a Gigablue HD Quad with latest VIX Image, i've tried to turn on picons on external lcd display, but on the restart of system the lcd was empty.
I've turned off the picons on the display in the configuration menu, but also when decoder was restarted, lcd keep to be empty, all black without any word.
Please, can someone help me restore default display configuration, without flashing up entire image another time?
Thanks!

marty
12-01-13, 16:29
Have you added the folder called lcd_picon?

dragoscevero
12-01-13, 19:49
No, I haven't... Can you post me a link to a guide or some instructions to make it work?
And why it doesn't work anymore turning display picons off?
Thanks for help

marty
13-01-13, 09:10
No, I haven't... Can you post me a link to a guide or some instructions to make it work?
And why it doesn't work anymore turning display picons off?
Thanks for help

Here

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?23682-Vix-Team-Gigablue-Quad-amp-800UE-Full-Set-LCD-Picons

and here :)

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?22266-LCD-Picons-for-Gigablue-Quad

treladan
13-01-13, 10:12
In my case, the 2nd link worked nice...

dragoscevero
13-01-13, 19:41
Thanks, but it seems something is wrong in my quad, it keeps not displaying anyhting...

treladan
13-01-13, 20:56
pls, put in display settings as follows:
Display settings
Show Display Icons = NO
Show Picons * = NO tick

spv4u
13-01-13, 21:24
Don't know if this helps but after upgrading using VIX update on Friday the display returned back to the standard text, so I updated the XML files to the correct enigma2 directory and rebooted, after doing this my display was just blank as described above.

After several menu reboots it refused to show the icons.

I then decided to turn off the box using the switch on the back, waited 30 seconds and turned it back on and the display immediately displayed the channel icons. I know it sounds like an IT helpline :) but it really did work for me.

dragoscevero
13-01-13, 22:34
I turned off the box by the back switch like spv4u have done, and display came back to work. Still no picons working, but I've put in lcd_picon directory the same picons I have in other folder, smaller than 220x132 px, I don't know if it's a problem.
Thanks to all