PDA

View Full Version : Development environment

Peanut006
11-01-13, 21:44
Hi!

I have VU+ Ultimo and I'm interested to create OpenVIX development environment to my laptop, that I could check how it is made/works and hopefully some day contribute some code/bug fixes. But I'm not sure where to start. Is there some tutorial or helps how to do that, or maybe ready virtual machine image?

This is initial plan, please correct me if it looks stupid or something.. Here are some questions about the process. As a same time when I create my environment I could document that process to tutorial etc. for new developers..

1. I think I'll install VirtualBox and and Linux into it
* How much memory is needed to the virtual machine?
* Which Linux distro is best? Or Does it matter what it is?

2. Install and setup software needed to build the OpenVIX
* What do I need? Python?
* What is easiest way to install them? apt-get? (depends on distro)
* Do I need to configure those that they create proper build?

3. Get the source
* Are the source found from https://www.assembla.com/spaces/openvix ?
* Is the source same for all VU+ machines?

4. Do the build
* How it happens?

5. Get some IDE
* What IDE you recommend? Is NetBeans ok?

It would be great if you could answer to these questions and help me to build the environment. Some background information about me; I know linux basis; I'm software developer, but I haven't coded using python.

Thanks!

scruff1963
11-01-13, 23:17
I use this to setup my linux environment

http://users.telenet.be/spstefansp/openpliubuntu.html

But I use this to setup for openvix

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=Build-Script/

If you need any pointers just ask, I havn't built for a vu box as I have a tmtwin but they are all pretty much the same and others will always help.

Peanut006
12-01-13, 21:30
Thanks! I'll try those helps, it takes some time but I'll update my progress to this thread..

Peanut006
14-01-13, 20:22
Does anyone know apt repository where from I could install bitbake using apt-get to Linux mint 14?

scruff1963
15-01-13, 07:40
Bitbake is pulled automatically by the script I posted a link to above, not sure but I don't think you can just pull any version down.

Don't know about mint what distro is it based on ?

Trial
15-01-13, 08:39
Hi,
mint is based on ubuntu. If you want to install bitbake you have to download the source and compile/install is manually.

ciao

Peanut006
15-01-13, 17:56
Bitbake is pulled automatically by the script I posted a link to above, not sure but I don't think you can just pull any version down.

Don't know about mint what distro is it based on ?

Yeah, the script seems to download the bitbake. Tried to use APT to get it because it was in the OpenPLI help that way.. And the Mint is Ubuntu based right as Trial said. I selected Mint because it is Ubuntu based and it has pre installed audio/video codecs..

Peanut006
15-01-13, 18:05
But now to a next feature: The build script does ask distro (OpenVIX) and machine (Vu Ultimo) what to build and after that it download lots of stuff. But after that it asks the machine again and over again when I select (only) the Vu Ultimo. Only way to get out was to break script.. Am I doing something wrong?

I think I create own custom script which have hardcoded distro and machine values..

Here is the installation diary so far: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3y4ohkuykdljmel/dev_env_installation_diary.txt

Trial
15-01-13, 19:41
Hi,
your build environment is not complete. Change the script in this way that it does not display the dialog boxes and does not do it in a loop then you will see what is missing.

When you have access from the internet to your computer we can make an appointment for tomorrow so that I can take a look.

ciao

scruff1963
15-01-13, 21:33
If your not happy with the script then from a terminal window.

mkdir openvix
cd openvix
git clone git://github.com/oe-alliance/build-enviroment.git oe-alliance
cd oe-alliance
Machine=vuultimo DISTRO=openvix make update

This will pull down bitbake and other things that you need.
then to make an image

cd openvix
cd oe-alliance
Machine=vuultimo DISTRO=openvix make image

A regular

Machine=vuultimo DISTRO=openvix make update

Will keep you upto date with vix changes to the code.

As your doing the vuultimmo which is the default you can get away with

make -f Makefile image

as Machine=vuultimo and DISTRO=openvix are the defaults in the Makefile

Peanut006
16-01-13, 20:57
Hi,
your build environment is not complete. Change the script in this way that it does not display the dialog boxes and does not do it in a loop then you will see what is missing.

When you have access from the internet to your computer we can make an appointment for tomorrow so that I can take a look.

ciao

Thanks for appointment offer, but I think I can get someting done with scruff1963's previous post :)

Peanut006
16-01-13, 20:59
Excellent info scruff1963! This will help a lot :)

Peanut006
16-01-13, 21:08
Little about the http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/openvix-builds/Build-Script/oe-alliance-build script..

1. The script is missing buildimage and updatebuildnumber functions
2. There are two infinite while loops? When should the script leave from those?
3. What is purpose of this script? Is it ment to run once to setup the environment or every time when you build the system?

I think I can continue without the script but it would be great if it would be fixed. Because it is quite confusing for those who run the script first time and are newbie like me :)

scruff1963
16-01-13, 22:14
Little about the http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/openvix-builds/Build-Script/oe-alliance-build script..

1. The script is missing buildimage and updatebuildnumber functions
2. There are two infinite while loops? When should the script leave from those?
3. What is purpose of this script? Is it ment to run once to setup the environment or every time when you build the system?

I think I can continue without the script but it would be great if it would be fixed. Because it is quite confusing for those who run the script first time and are newbie like me :)
With the instructions I posted you don't need to run the script at all.
I have never run the script, I just assumed that it would make things easier as it is hosted here.
You need to make sure that you follow the initial instructions on
http://users.telenet.be/spstefansp/openpliubuntu.html
at least down to the

In terminal type ~$ sudo dpkg-reconfigure dash

answer no

This concludes the basic preparation for ubuntu 12.04 , for those who are running ubuntu as primary ops system, all is same except that you do not need the virtual machine.

You will not need to do these again as they are only to setup the build environment.

Larry-G
16-01-13, 22:18
The script just allows you to build the image via a easy to use GUI rather than using a command line, you can build any of the images we support via the script and some more that we currently have not released.

Peanut006
20-01-13, 13:05
Thanks to you all that have helped. I have managed to start building (but it had couple errors).

Currently I don't have time to play with the environment/build, but I continue after a while. I have updated the installation diary but it is not ready yet https://www.dropbox.com/s/3y4ohkuykdljmel/dev_env_installation_diary.txt

vmax
27-06-14, 20:12
:mad: I get error when compiling :mad:

rossi2000
27-06-14, 20:19
are you using a new makefile?
or the one off openvix site?

i think its out of date thats probably why its failing.

Zartmy
27-06-14, 21:14
Using the instructions in this thread i allways get the following error

MACHINE=vusolo2 DISTRO=openvix make image

ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/openvix/SRC/oe-alliance/bitbake/lib/bb/cookerdata.py", line 163, in wrapped
return func(fn, *args)
File "/home/openvix/SRC/oe-alliance/bitbake/lib/bb/cookerdata.py", line 173, in parse_config_file
return bb.parse.handle(fn, data, include)
File "/home/openvix/SRC/oe-alliance/bitbake/lib/bb/parse/__init__.py", line 102, in handle
return h['handle'](fn, data, include)
File "/home/openvix/SRC/oe-alliance/bitbake/lib/bb/parse/parse_py/ConfHandler.py", line 120, in handle
abs_fn = resolve_file(fn, data)
File "/home/openvix/SRC/oe-alliance/bitbake/lib/bb/parse/__init__.py", line 125, in resolve_file
raise IOError("file %s not found" % fn)
IOError: file /home/openvix/SRC/oe-alliance/meta-oe-alliance/conf/layer.conf not found

ERROR: Unable to parse /home/openvix/SRC/oe-alliance/meta-oe-alliance/conf/layer.conf: file /home/openvix/SRC/oe-alliance/meta-oe-alliance/conf/layer.conf not found
make: *** [image] Error 1

Any idee whats wrong, is the git repo git://github.com/oe-alliance/build-enviroment.git broken ?

vmax
28-06-14, 10:53
which is the correct??????

Larry-G
28-06-14, 11:11
The build file has not been released for Apollo yet as far as i am aware, the one on www.openvix.co.uk is a old one.

Zartmy
29-06-14, 18:10
The build file has not been released for Apollo yet as far as i am aware, the one on www.openvix.co.uk is a old one.

I am cloning the git repository at https://github.com/oe-alliance/build-enviroment, which as in writing moment was updated 8 hours ago.

So it cant be any old code...

regards
Zartmy

rossi2000
29-06-14, 18:11
how are you building image from there?

rossi2000
08-07-14, 15:40
in the true spirit of opensource hehe

can we have an up to date makefile please? :cool:

vmax
30-07-14, 19:32
Hi

vu opensource 2.1 image and gives me this error :mad:

that is what happens?:confused:

ERROR: Function failed: do_fetch (see /home/tmax/openvuplus/build/vuuno/tmp/work/mips32el-oe-linux/opera-hbbtv/opera-hbbtv-0.2-r1_20140714_0/temp/log.do_fetch.5235 for further information)
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/tmax/openvuplus/build/vuuno/tmp/work/mips32el-oe-linux/opera-hbbtv/opera-hbbtv-0.2-r1_20140714_0/temp/log.do_fetch.5235
Log data follows:
| ERROR: Function failed: do_fetch (see /home/tmax/openvuplus/build/vuuno/tmp/work/mips32el-oe-linux/opera-hbbtv/opera-hbbtv-0.2-r1_20140714_0/temp/log.do_fetch.5235 for further information)
| cp: cannot stat `/home/tmax/openvuplus/resource/sources/opera-hbbtv_20140714_0.tar.gz': No such file or directory
NOTE: package opera-hbbtv-0.2-r1_20140714_0: task do_fetch: Failed
ERROR: Task 2557 (/home/tmax/openvuplus/meta-openvuplus/recipes-vuplus/opera-hbbtv/opera-hbbtv_0.2.bb, do_fetch) failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 2101 tasks of which 2100 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.

Summary: 1 task failed:
/home/tmax/openvuplus/meta-openvuplus/recipes-vuplus/opera-hbbtv/opera-hbbtv_0.2.bb, do_fetch

rossi2000
30-07-14, 20:00
check this file opera-hbbtv_0.2.bb for the file its looking for
search google for the file
put file in sources folder
re-run build

vmax
06-08-14, 20:46
not find nothing

me what you explain

thank you

vmax
22-08-14, 07:24
ERROR: Fetcher failure for URL: 'http://download.savannah.nongnu.org/releases/hddtemp/hddtemp.db;name=db'. Checksum mismatch!
File: '/home/box/openvuplus/resource/sources/hddtemp.db' has md5 checksum 7b2651d53d10808e270bc386b6db89dd when 5321858f8c028d4b1a91a8a5f951f2f8 was expected
File: '/home/box/openvuplus/resource/sources/hddtemp.db' has sha256 checksum ca43f8ab1e4fb3919af940a2fe6a95feb03939f685450a4866 6763a3edc326bb when 8b19e70228214562eb10a46bd73b6ea8601e996f2d6527907b 560d35b33f5240 was expected
ERROR: Function failed: Fetcher failure for URL: 'http://download.savannah.nongnu.org/releases/hddtemp/hddtemp.db;name=db'. Unable to fetch URL from any source.
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/box/openvuplus/build/vuuno/tmp/work/mips32el-oe-linux/hddtemp/hddtemp-0.3-beta15-r1/temp/log.do_fetch.13993
NOTE: package hddtemp-0.3-beta15-r1: task do_fetch: Failed
ERROR: Task 1654 (/home/box/openvuplus/meta-openvuplus/recipes-extended/hddtemp/hddtemp_0.3-beta15.bb, do_fetch) failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 3247 tasks of which 3246 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.

Summary: 1 task failed:
/home/box/openvuplus/meta-openvuplus/recipes-extended/hddtemp/hddtemp_0.3-beta15.bb, do_fetch

rossi2000
22-08-14, 13:03
it is failing downloading specific files

do_fetch = download

you need to look in the bbs for the source or files its trying to download.