PDA

View Full Version : A few issues with my Solo2

bokkie
11-01-13, 20:17
Hi all. Loving my new solo2, but having a few issues that I wonder if you could help me out with.
First off is the AGC being incorrect. SNR is correct but AGC shows down in the 30's or 40's on most sats on both my motorised and static dishes.
When I hook up my old duo it jumps up to 80's or 90's if I check hotbird or sly uk. checked a few other sats as well but solo2 always shows incorrect.
I've tried flashing a different image and doing a scan. but it was still incorrect so it's not an image issue.
Anyone else having this?
Secondly is transcoding. I can't get it to work at all. I can stream within my network, but as soon as I try outside my network it doesn't work. I enter the ip, the full one not my network ip. I get the openwebif up, choose bouquet, choose the channel, but it just gives info on the program being shown and forthcoming programs. I don't get the little telly next to the channels either, just a dot.
I've tried it on my galaxy s3 and my android tablet but get the same result. I have forwarded port 8002 and also tried it in dreamdroid but it just times out. Any help?
Thanks guys, hope you can help me.

Donnie
12-01-13, 12:11
Hi all. Loving my new solo2, but having a few issues that I wonder if you could help me out with.
First off is the AGC being incorrect. SNR is correct but AGC shows down in the 30's or 40's on most sats on both my motorised and static dishes.
When I hook up my old duo it jumps up to 80's or 90's if I check hotbird or sly uk. checked a few other sats as well but solo2 always shows incorrect.
I've tried flashing a different image and doing a scan. but it was still incorrect so it's not an image issue.
Anyone else having this?
Secondly is transcoding. I can't get it to work at all. I can stream within my network, but as soon as I try outside my network it doesn't work. I enter the ip, the full one not my network ip. I get the openwebif up, choose bouquet, choose the channel, but it just gives info on the program being shown and forthcoming programs. I don't get the little telly next to the channels either, just a dot.
I've tried it on my galaxy s3 and my android tablet but get the same result. I have forwarded port 8002 and also tried it in dreamdroid but it just times out. Any help?
Thanks guys, hope you can help me.
Regarding the transcoding.
I have it working fine with my s3, use a port checker to make sure that port 8002 and 80 are defiantly open.
Also make sure you are using the latest drivers.

bokkie
12-01-13, 12:36
Regarding the transcoding.
I have it working fine with my s3, use a port checker to make sure that port 8002 and 80 are defiantly open.
Also make sure you are using the latest drivers.

Thanks. Are you using dreamdroid or just typing ip in the address bar?

bokkie
12-01-13, 17:50
I've used a port checker and 80 and 8002 are defiantely open. So what gives? Why can't I use the transcoding?

Trial
12-01-13, 17:55
Hi,
have you activated transcoding with the plugin?

ciao

bokkie
12-01-13, 19:08
Hi,
have you activated transcoding with the plugin?

ciao
Yes I have. Activated and the confirmation message pops up. I've gone back in and it's still enabled as well.

bokkie
13-01-13, 12:06
Here you go.

bokkie
13-01-13, 12:11
Could a mod please delete my last post. I made an oopsy and can't seem to delete it myself on my mobile.
Apologies

bokkie
13-01-13, 12:14
Ok done it thanks.

Stanman
13-01-13, 15:38
Its been deleted

bokkie
13-01-13, 15:41
Its been deleted
Thanks for that. Was doing it with my phone and as i posted it I thought, Nooooooooo.
Wouldn't let me edit it for some reason either.

bokkie
13-01-13, 17:46
Breakthrough! I had to change port in transcoder setup to 8001 which is mobile streaming port.
I can access channel in dreamdroid and stream using daroon player, vlc or vplayer. Problem is the video is not smooth. Plays for 2 or 3 seconds and then freezes for a second or 2. This is on fta channels and it's not my mobile connection as I just did a speed test on it. 10 mb dl and 90 ms ping.
Is there anything I can do to make the playback smooth?
Does everyone else have this issue as well?

Trial
13-01-13, 21:11
Hi,
8001 is the normal streaming port. Default for transcoding is 8002 and it has to be switched on with a plugin.

ciao

75mak
20-01-13, 12:15
Hi,
8001 is the normal streaming port. Default for transcoding is 8002 and it has to be switched on with a plugin.

ciao

which plugin? i'm assuming the default transcoder plugin with images