PDA

View Full Version : motorized dish install and set up

MaD_FOr_iT
10-01-13, 18:17
Hi could anyone tell me how to set up my motorised dish.
i got a 80cm dish setup with a gigablue hd800se
i put on the motor my lattitude or near as i could then set my dish angel to 22 what goin of the book is correct for my long and lat
i used my phone to find true south 180* and alighed my motor and dish so its square on ,went to box set it to desq 1.2 put long and lat in then goto sat finder tell it togo 19.2 astra and dont pick nothing up
If i get it lined up to astra by movin dish a lil and maybee the motor then try move to another position then it dosent find anything else....Is they any advice u could give and maybee tell me the correct way to set up any help would be greatfull as my legs are numb from standin on ladder allday :P(bit cold today )

battlestar42
10-01-13, 21:07
mate you have to start at 1west once you get signal on bbc world tighten up the bolts on your dish then if its all plumbed correctly pole has to be all in sync as when you move the motor from 1 west to say 28.2 east it will go to that satelite if your dish is all lined up you should be able to use usals i never use diseq 1.2 just put into your reciever lat and long hope that helps you out

MaD_FOr_iT
10-01-13, 21:31
thanks i give it a go @ weekend u know when u are searchin for a satellite do u set transponder to manual or predetermined? and ifso what freq.

Stanman
10-01-13, 22:14
Once its lined up on true south, tell it to go to sero and than move it to 1W and align, at least thats what i did and it was a complete novice install and works

MaD_FOr_iT
10-01-13, 22:19
oh well if all else fails i just set to 28E an watch sly..or they any 1 in manchester willing to set up for a small fee? :)