PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Timeshift Problem

GryZor
10-01-13, 11:45
Hi

Having a problem with timeshift on openvix-3.0.553 on a solo2. I've enabled the timeshift settings, and left them at pretty much default.

I switch to a channel, leave it longer than 5 mins, but i can't rewind. I can pause and resume, but no rewind. I thought I should have been able to rewind back to when I switched to the channel??

Thanks

josh_g
10-01-13, 18:18
To rewind you need to set up permanent time shift, otherwise all you can do is pause/resume
I put a 2gb usb stick in the back of my TM-twin and use that for the time shift location. I have mine set to a hour as i never really rewind longer than that and all is good.

GryZor
10-01-13, 20:16
Yeah, I have permanent time shift setup. Might try to a usb stick and see how it goes...

GryZor
10-01-13, 21:53
Small issue, I mounted a usb stick as a usb device rather than a hard drive. Can see it in mount manager formatted as ext4 Trouble is I can't select it as a time shift destination....

Rob van der Does
11-01-13, 06:41
Small issue, I mounted a usb stick as a usb device rather than a hard drive. Can see it in mount manager formatted as ext4 Trouble is I can't select it as a time shift destination....
Any mounted Ext4 device can be set as timeshift location. You probably didn't set up the location correct (and indeed it is rather a hassle to do that).

Recording settings click on location; then use CH+ to enter the locations; navigate to the desired mount and click on OK. Now use CH- to enter the bookmarks section, choose the desired one and save. Now you're back in the recording setup: don't forget to save there as well.

Trial
11-01-13, 08:44
Hi,
with the Solo2 there is still a small problem with scrambled channels. When you try a FTA channel timeshift should work as expected.

ciao

alien2108
11-01-13, 11:19
I also noted yesterday that when I enabled timeshift (pressed pause) my complete recording was without subs when I continued do watch it (FX HD, Sky UK).

Rob van der Does
11-01-13, 11:33
Correct: timeshift and subs don't coop.
Sometimes it helps to dis- and re-enable subs.

Lyrrad
12-01-13, 20:59
Hi

Newbie here, and experiencing the same thing.

I can't call this a small problem. It's a basic feature for a £300 box.

Is it something that an image can sort out or am I waiting for the manufacturer to supply update. (Do Vu+ do that kind of thing), as I'm only 3 days into this box.

GryZor
12-01-13, 21:40
I did a fresh install of 558 last night, issue remains....timeshift is working, i can see the file growing on the hd as it buffers. I just cant rewind...

Rob van der Does
12-01-13, 21:52
Moved to here as it is about ViX.

I can replicate your problem on scrambled channels; on FTA channels it works fine. That means it is driver related and will have to be fixed by the manufacturer.

Lyrrad
12-01-13, 22:49
Thanks for clarification.

In your opinion, is this something that will actually get done. I've no real experience with Vu+ products or customer service.

Rob van der Does
13-01-13, 08:14
I do expect this to be fixed. Just my 2 cents......

ianc1990
28-01-13, 16:49
Same issue for me here - pain in the 4r53!

Another issue sortof related to this is that if you pause a program and you run out of disk space (using a 4gb usb for timeshift and EPG), it will not overwrite the older part of the recording, but simple delete the entire timeshift file. This means it will push you straight back to the 'live' program and you lose all of your timeshift recording.

Does anyone know if VU have been notified of the driver issue (and if not, how do we do that).

Also, does anyone have any idea on HD timeshift file sizes? For 3hrs of perm timeshift, what size USB pen do I want to be putting in? (unless I've missed a setting to overwrite the first part of the timeshift file so it keeps it update it with the recent stuff?)

Trial
28-01-13, 20:42
Hi,
VU+ got a note. The question is if they care. I heard that it should work with a hardcam (CI-CAM) but this is no solution for me.

ciao

Rob van der Does
28-01-13, 20:46
Another issue sort of related to this is that if you pause a program and you run out of disk space (using a 4gb usb for timeshift and EPG), it will not overwrite the older part of the recording, but simple delete the entire timeshift file. This means it will push you straight back to the 'live' program and you lose all of your timeshift recording.

Does anyone know if VU have been notified of the driver issue (and if not, how do we do that).
This is not a driver issue, but the way timeshift has been implemented in Enigma2.
I have set the length of PTS to 600 minutes, so this is never a problem for me.

RustySpoons
06-02-13, 15:24
Moved to here as it is about ViX.

I can replicate your problem on scrambled channels; on FTA channels it works fine. That means it is driver related and will have to be fixed by the manufacturer.

Fixed in beta drivers :)
http://archive.vuplus.com/download/drivers/beta/vuplus-dvb-modules-vusolo2-3.3.6-4.4.3-20130206.tar.gz

Been testing today

phonex
06-03-13, 00:39
Fixed in beta drivers :)
http://archive.vuplus.com/download/drivers/beta/vuplus-dvb-modules-vusolo2-3.3.6-4.4.3-20130206.tar.gz

Been testing today

How do I install these drivers. Help please as timeshift not working in solo 2.
Thanks

Rob van der Does
06-03-13, 06:14
Better do an online update to build 623.