PDA

View Full Version : New receiver/Box etc??

gavman086
09-01-13, 23:47
Hi i,m new to all this. i,m just wondering what box/receiver I should buy to watch sports etc? any advice, suggestions would be appreciated..

Larry-G
09-01-13, 23:51
There are a lot of variables to consider, such as your budget, and what exactly you want to do with the receiver, how many tuners you need etc etc etc.

basically we need more info before we could even consider a recommendation.

gavman086
09-01-13, 23:52
Hi i,m new to this, any idea what box I should buy starting off to watch sports etc...

judge
09-01-13, 23:53
Any box will be able to watch sports, that's not much to go on...
What's your budget, how many feeds do you have, what's your sports subscription or have you multi lnb's/motor to pick up sports on other satellites?

Larry-G
09-01-13, 23:53
There is no need for Two threads on the exact same topic, so i have merged both together.

gavman086
09-01-13, 23:55
I will just be using it on the 1 tv using a standard dish, I would just like to be able to watch the football etc, at the minute i,m just using the free to air through a standard dish.. looking for a decent box for in or around 250 euro?

Stanman
09-01-13, 23:57
Who will you be subscribing to?

gavman086
10-01-13, 09:33
I will be looking to get as much as possible on 28 degrees! sports etc, what is the best box to buy?

gavman086
10-01-13, 09:35
and best reccomended subscription package.. uk and Ireland...

Mr. Mister
10-01-13, 10:15
The best subscription service is Sky UK..

gavman086
10-01-13, 10:18
yea but could I pick up those channels on a vu+ solo box with vix or other image??
new to this just want to find out what box i need to get and how to set it up..

gavman086
10-01-13, 10:22
could I pick up the uk package on a vu+ solo using vix?? or would I have to get a different receiver.... i,m in ireland

Mr. Mister
10-01-13, 10:24
If all you want to do is watch tv.. Then the solo will be fine for you.. or a Gigablue 800 range..

If you want to watch and record at the same time then you will need a twin tuner box.. and also a hard drive installed.. You would have to got for a Duo.. a TM-2T.. TM-Twin.. Xtrend ET9xxx or a Gigablue Quad..

you still have not told us what your card is.. ?

gavman086
10-01-13, 10:30
I would like to record aswell as watch tv, i,ll be using 28 degrees standard sky dish... sorry i,m new to this what you mean by card I use??

gavman086
10-01-13, 11:22
sorry i,m a bit slow :) say if I was to buy the vu+ solo just to watch tv to start off, do I get the wifi with it along with the vix??, after I receive the box how do I go about tuning in the channels from 28.2 east onto it???

Mr. Mister
10-01-13, 11:54
You can either load bouquets or do a manual scan..

This will give you a full channel list..

gavman086
10-01-13, 20:41
perfect thanks, so will i be able to load the sports the like of premier league etc through bouqets or manual scan?? thanks for the help :))

gavman086
10-01-13, 20:44
would I need a card for the vu+ solo box if so what card should I get??

Stanman
10-01-13, 22:25
would I need a card for the vu+ solo box if so what card should I get??

You have already asked that at #9 and answered at #10:confused:

gavman086
10-01-13, 22:56
oh right sorry for my ignorance, one last thing, would I need the box conected to the internet at all times or can I put updates codes etc on a flash drive?????

Stanman
10-01-13, 23:16
No updates on USB, only onlibe though with our image you can do a settings back up and than flash a new image and restore to normal within miniutes but will need internet to download new image.

manicscrewdriver
10-01-13, 23:33
There is currently only two packages available on 28.2e and thats Sky UK or Sky Ireland. You can only subscribe to one or the other dependent on where you live. If you live in Ireland, its Sky Ireland, and if you live in the UK its Sky UK.

Ring Sky and tell them you a new subscriber and that you would like a new Sky+ HD box with a Sky Sports subscription. If you subscribe for 12 months they will give you the box for free and they will come to your house and install it for you.

The Sky+ HD box with the correct subscription will give you access to all the channels broadcast on 28.2e. you can also pause live TV, record one channel while watching another and also with a phone app you can tell it to record something even when you not at home

The Vu+ will only give you access to these channels with either a valid subscriber card or by using Cardsharing. If you don't have the Sky card already your going to have to subscribe to Sky, so you may aswell have the free receiver installed as well.

Nano

cat010
11-01-13, 00:22
i agree with the above post ,you would be better off with a subscription to sky Ireland and you will get 3 pm epl kickoffs on setanta but if you want more then i suggest you get a motorized 1 metre dish installed and a jsc card for about 130 euros/year you will get loads of football if fact 24 hours /day football but not epl thats on 13 east, and theres satellite bg card that will give you epl on 23.5 east thats about 345 euros/year but no English commentary,theres a lot of choice just depends what you want,you would then have to buy a receiver

warajoker
11-01-13, 12:20
well explained mate. I was about to post up a similar thing because I think he thinks that alls he has to do is just load the vix image and he will have acess to all sky uk channels but you made it clear.
There is currently only two packages available on 28.2e and thats Sky UK or Sky Ireland. You can only subscribe to one or the other dependent on where you live. If you live in Ireland, its Sky Ireland, and if you live in the UK its Sky UK.

Ring Sky and tell them you a new subscriber and that you would like a new Sky+ HD box with a Sky Sports subscription. If you subscribe for 12 months they will give you the box for free and they will come to your house and install it for you.

The Sky+ HD box with the correct subscription will give you access to all the channels broadcast on 28.2e. you can also pause live TV, record one channel while watching another and also with a phone app you can tell it to record something even when you not at home

The Vu+ will only give you access to these channels with either a valid subscriber card or by using Cardsharing. If you don't have the Sky card already your going to have to subscribe to Sky, so you may aswell have the free receiver installed as well.

Nano