PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Ultimo] Save of the Timeshift fails

Peanut006
09-01-13, 21:37
Saving of the timeshift fails. Am I doing somethig wrong?

1. Rec button
2. Select (5) Timeshift save recording (stop after current event)
3. >> Box inform about the saving
4. Change channel
5. Select (1) Save Timeshift as Movie and stop recording
6. >> Box inform: Timeshift saved to your harddisk
=> There are files in hdd/movies and the save is found from saved files list. But when I try to play it, it shows length as 0 and it doesn't play it.

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 36 Jan 9 20:02 20130109 2002 - MTV3 - Kymmenen Uutiset.eit
-rw-r--r-- 2 root root 513824 Jan 9 20:20 20130109 2002 - MTV3 - Kymmenen Uutiset.ts
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 Jan 9 20:23 20130109 2002 - MTV3 - Kymmenen Uutiset.ts.ap
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 78 Jan 9 20:26 20130109 2002 - MTV3 - Kymmenen Uutiset.ts.meta
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 144 Jan 9 20:23 20130109 2002 - MTV3 - Kymmenen Uutiset.ts.sc

I did update the VU+ Ultimo couple hours ago using openvix-3.0.554-vuultimo_usb.zip, so the version is latest.

Peanut006
13-01-13, 19:56
Has someone watched successfully saved timeshift buffer? I haven't succeeded..

judge
13-01-13, 20:43
Has someone watched successfully saved timeshift buffer? I haven't succeeded..

Yes, I quite often do this.
Just testing it now on build 561, will report back in 20 minutes when the show finishes.

judge
13-01-13, 21:09
actually, it didn't work. I had another timer kick in though, so not sure where the issue is.
Need to do a bit more testing & open a bug if there is an issue.

mickyblueys
13-01-13, 21:13
I'm still on 553 and I use timeshift and record from it. It seems to work fine for me. I have it set for USB, then when it finishes the recording and I change channel it sends and saves it to the hdd.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Peanut006
14-01-13, 19:02
It's good to hear that someone got it working :)

I'm saving the timeshift to hdd.. I'll check timeshift configuration details and does the saved ts file work from from PC..

marty
14-01-13, 19:09
I'm on build 562 (GB Quad) I just tested it and it doesn't work.
It saved a timeshirt recording but like you got '0' mins :(
Checked the HDD and there is only 2,813k of data there.

Clabs
14-01-13, 20:07
Just tested this: Ultimo, build 562, internal hard drive.

Results pretty much as Marty & Peanut posted - no useable data saved.

andyblac
14-01-13, 20:13
sounds like driver issues to me, i have tested 3 boxes Solo2, ET, Vu Uno. all fine, can;t test utlmio atm as it is constantly recording stuff, and do dont want to cause a BSOD

this is what i did.

press pause (leave for 2 mins)
un-pause
leave for 5 mins
then press REC
and choose Save Timeshift stop after current event
wait 5 mins
change channelss
when asked what to do choose save and stop
wait till message tells you it has saved

Peanut006
14-01-13, 22:41
I updated my box couple hour ago, now the version is 562. I tried timeshift saving and my box created first working timeshift save! :D

1. Channel A: Record > 5) timeshift save recording (stop after current event)
2. Changed channel to B by pressing channel number: 2) Save timeshift as movie and continue recording
> Box informs that recording has been started > And now the rec icon is plinking > And the channel didn't change > And there is now timer that shows the saving > In file list there are two saves shows the bottom doesn't work (length 0) but the upper works (That rec icon didn't plink when the save failed at previous times)
3. Changed channel to B by pressing channel number > Channel changed without any questions
4. Waited to channel A program to end > Box said save timeshift to harddisk
5. The box left both saves to list and upper one works and bottom length is 0

And when I put the channel B also do timeshift save at same time, A channel save is ok, but B event is over the box says that it cannot find timeshift to save.

judge
14-01-13, 22:51
Saving PTS does seem a bit flaky at the moment, also depends on the box/drivers being used.
We're aware of the issue but it's going to be a hard one to track down & might require driver updates from the box manufactures.
Have you tried to see if these issues happen with other images?
For now, setting record timers rather than PTS recordings might be the best solution for you.

Peanut006
14-01-13, 22:58
sounds like driver issues to me, i have tested 3 boxes Solo2, ET, Vu Uno. all fine, can;t test utlmio atm as it is constantly recording stuff, and do dont want to cause a BSOD

this is what i did.

press pause (leave for 2 mins)
un-pause
leave for 5 mins
then press REC
and choose Save Timeshift stop after current event
wait 5 mins
change channelss
when asked what to do choose save and stop
wait till message tells you it has saved

That worked with my 562 version (VU+ Ultimo)

Peanut006
14-01-13, 23:04
Saving PTS does seem a bit flaky at the moment, also depends on the box/drivers being used.
We're aware of the issue but it's going to be a hard one to track down & might require driver updates from the box manufactures.
Have you tried to see if these issues happen with other images?
For now, setting record timers rather than PTS recordings might be the best solution for you.

I had Black Hole couple hours but I didn't like it at all and I didn't find timeshift saving possibility from there, so I changed back to OpenVIX. But I happy now, when I know that it is possible and it works currently and the developers know the issue, that it might be better in the future :) Thanks!