PDA

View Full Version : Can some one tell me the diference in this Linux TM boxes

bobi
09-01-13, 20:35
Firstly i was not sure where to post this as i did not find any general TM forum, so i hoe it is ok to post here.
I have seen this TM boxes poping out now lately and was wondering what is the diference betwen this boxes.
I see TM 8000 HD , this onei know as i have test it.
Buw TM TwinOE
TM 2T
TM Sinlge

Im sure this are based on MIPS , but what is the diference on the models, especialy the Twin OE nd the 2T

cheers

bobi

Larry-G
09-01-13, 20:44
First without getting in to the technical side of things, i'd personally avoid the TM800 it's fine for just watching TV but not much else, as for the other's there all based on the Mips CPU architecture and on the whole run every bit as good as any other Mips based E2 receiver.

Mr. Mister
09-01-13, 20:44
Hi buddy..

All info can be found ... HERE ... (http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Digital-Satellite-Receivers/Technomate-Linux-HD-Receivers)

abu baniaz
10-01-13, 08:47
2T is smaller, size of TM500s. Twin is size of TM600.
2T takes 2.5 HDD, Twin takes both.
Twin has CI slot , not usable in Enigma.
2T has more memory.
Twin has two scarts.
Twin has loop out from one feed of the Sat feed
Twin also has Component output
Twin has a modem ( if people still use it)

Single has one sat feed. Same size as TM500s. 1x scart.

TK4|2|1
10-01-13, 09:26
2T is smaller, size of TM500s. Twin is size of TM600.
2T takes 2.5 HDD, Twin takes both.
Twin has CI slot , not usable in Enigma.
2T has more memory.
Twin has two scarts.
Twin has loop out from one feed of the Sat feed
Twin also has Component output
Twin has a modem ( if people still use it)

Single has one sat feed. Same size as TM500s. 1x scart.

You forgot "Twin is awesome"

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs

bobi
12-01-13, 18:24
Hi again, thank you for the replays

after some research and looking on the TM own site i have now order the boxes :-) will be testing this for a small project and see and compare this to Vu+ or Xtrend :-)
Looking forward to get the boxes in couple of weeks :-)

I even found out where boxes are made from, so now i know that a well know company has made this boxes and im sure the hardware should be quality :-)

cheers

bobi

Stanman
12-01-13, 23:02
Having experience of the TM800, I have to say been using the 2T for the last month and boxes are polar apart and you will not be disappointed if you have bought that or the twin.

bobi
17-01-13, 23:07
Boxes arrived today with DHL, arrived a bit late so not much time to test, but open all 3 models and boy im i happy with what i see.
Not bad for first look, box comes pre-install with 4D Image based on PLI, but tomorow will be ViX on all of them :-)

i could not resist and buy just for testing :-)

TK4|2|1
18-01-13, 07:24
You bought all 3 just to test?? Wow.
Send me 1 when you're finished. Lol.

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs

Larry-G
18-01-13, 11:40
Boxes arrived today with DHL, arrived a bit late so not much time to test, but open all 3 models and boy im i happy with what i see.
Not bad for first look, box comes pre-install with 4D Image based on PLI, but tomorow will be ViX on all of them :-)

Now thats a true tech geek for you.

Hope you enjoy your new toys, my tm twin and 2t are great and every bit as good as my duo's.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

digidude
18-01-13, 11:49

this will be something ill be interested in reading ;)

bobi
19-01-13, 14:32
I am trying to update the boxes, but i cannot for some strange reason. I have try 5 diferent USB stick but still cannot update.
Now i wonder is there any pluggin that i can install image via that one. or any comand via telnet that can do that.

Is there a way to flash image thru tmp ?

cheers

bobi

digidude
19-01-13, 14:49
what image are you trying to update with, and have you tried updating the bootloader first?

Stanman
19-01-13, 14:56
This command via telnet should pull updates across if there are any

init 4 && opkg update && opkg upgrade && init 6

bobi
19-01-13, 19:27
thank you. @Digidude where can i find the Bootloader mate ?

I do not know why was not updating with ViX, but now i used AAF image and i did managed to update the 2T
boxes are of nice quality and im please with the response and stability now being using this for some hours.

One thing i was a bitt disapointed was there is only 1 CARD READER this complicates things a bit for me, but giving the price tag i cannot complain :-)

Now i can tell that My solo2 si up for sale , as no need fo it anymore.
My findis are that this boxes are totaly similar to any other Enigma2 based on MIPS CPU, realy nice and smooth boxes.
I compared with Venton, Vu+ and Xtrend and now this is my new favorite toy after the Xtrend

there is much to test and find out, but im sure cant be that much diference betwen this TM models to any other MIPS based box.

thank you for all the replays and help so far.

Now im off to read how to build image on this boxes to :-)

cheers

bobi

abu baniaz
27-01-13, 02:18
Where can i find the Bootloader mate?
You can download from

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=Bootloaders/