PDA

View Full Version : [ET9x00] Overscan problems on CRT television..

japetus
09-01-13, 14:05
As I experienced a big overscan problem with my old Tv set and the new ET9200 receiver, where significant parts of the menus could not appear, not with the original Xtrend image nor with the OpenPli one, I installed Openvix for the ability to adjust the height and width of the resolution, and I finally managed to have a clear-ish view of the full menu..
However small adjustments seem to still be needed as the screen now is not exactly rectangular but trapezoid. Is there an option that I missed hidden somewhere to enable panning and trimming the screen? I attach a photo of my screen to view the problem..

Rob van der Does
09-01-13, 14:23
Nope: that are abnormalities of your screen that will have to be adjusted via the TV-menu, probably via a hidden service menu. You might be able to find that by google-ing the exact type-number of your TV.
And be advised that all CRT's will have (some) abnormalities like yours.

Larry-G
09-01-13, 16:41
Also just for clarification

The reason the ViX image allows you to adjust the OSD position in this way, is because we only use FULL HD skins. Other images compromise by using a buffer to cover the overscan from your tv.
We won't compromise in this way as we believe the user should know what overscan is and where possible disable it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2