PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Duo IR Remote Codes in HEX Format

Maxwell
22-09-10, 12:14
For all programmable remote users, I have extracted all the IR codes from the remote and put them into the attached Excel file.

All codes are RC5 and at a frequency of 36.0kHz

If you need to supply this to your remote manufacturer make sure you specify code type and frequency.

For Pronto or similar programming simply cut and paste

Let me know if you find any errors

Enjoy

pooface
22-09-10, 14:47
Out of interest, when doing a long press of the buttons (e.g. long power, long red, long yellow, long blue, long green etc), is the signal that is outputted a different code to just a short press?! Would be really interested to find that out if possible please :)

Maxwell
22-09-10, 19:06
As far as I know its just repeat single code without timing gaps or flags just not sure how many at the moment, will do some testing tomorrow or maybe Andyblac can tell me how many repeats are required before its counted as long press.

paco68
22-09-10, 20:51
I tried to use a Philips SRU5170 universal remote control with Vu+.
But the learning procedure failed.
I don't know if the Philips Prestigo series working or not.
Please post your working brand of Universal remote controler.

Maxwell
23-09-10, 08:45
I tried to use a Philips SRU5170 universal remote control with Vu+.
But the learning procedure failed.
I don't know if the Philips Prestigo series working or not.
Please post your working brand of Universal remote controler.

I personally use a RTI T3 and a Philips Pronto RU940, the codes work well with the Pronto, with the RTI they all work but there appears to be a timing issue, when I have more time I will find out what is causing it.

Maxwell
23-09-10, 08:49
Out of interest, when doing a long press of the buttons (e.g. long power, long red, long yellow, long blue, long green etc), is the signal that is outputted a different code to just a short press?! Would be really interested to find that out if possible please :)

As far as I know its just repeat single code without timing gaps or flags just not sure how many at the moment, will do some testing tomorrow or maybe Andyblac can tell me how many repeats are required before its counted as long press.

Had a bit of a play but pushed for time at the moment, however it seems I might be wrong with the above assumption although I cannot capture any further code other than the single press I do now suspect that it could be a different code, will experiment further and let you know

steford
25-09-10, 11:32
Also noticed a lot of oddities with DE image and my Home Theater (sic) Master M500 learning remote. This remote, whilst old, has never failed on any box or device I've owned (and that's quite a few!) - however it's very flakey with the Vu+. Keys work fine but don't seem to work in combination ie after other key presses sometimes. For instance in channel selection screen - moving down to a channel then hitting enter does nothing. Moving down, then up to the same channel then hitting enter works fine. Similarly when negotiating menus via the colour buttons a colour will get me into the menu but then won't get be back/further. Something more than just replicating key presses is going on IMHO. Good luck with your investigations.

lscolman
05-10-10, 19:13
Works really well for me on my philips pronto tsu9600, but the cursor keys are sometimes not recognised, and other times send two commands.

Cheers, Lee

Maxwell
03-11-10, 13:25
Also noticed a lot of oddities with DE image and my Home Theater (sic) Master M500 learning remote. This remote, whilst old, has never failed on any box or device I've owned (and that's quite a few!) - however it's very flakey with the Vu+. Keys work fine but don't seem to work in combination ie after other key presses sometimes. For instance in channel selection screen - moving down to a channel then hitting enter does nothing. Moving down, then up to the same channel then hitting enter works fine. Similarly when negotiating menus via the colour buttons a colour will get me into the menu but then won't get be back/further. Something more than just replicating key presses is going on IMHO. Good luck with your investigations.

After extensive investigation it is now revealed that the Hit and Miss problems with remotes is a problem with the VU Driver itself, it was apparently a problem that was flagged with original remotes in all versions of the original image up to 5.2 when an updated driver was issued by VU. The new driver cured 99% of the problems with the original remote but not a lot for universal remotes. Unless VU acknowledge that there are further issues with this driver and issue a new one nothing more can be done (unless our coding star andyblac knows different:wave:)

FlashMe
03-11-10, 15:03
Thanks for the IR Codes. All work fine for me except cursor up + down...sometimes it works, sometimes not...what's the duration of the up+down codes?

rob
11-11-10, 16:01
What I really need is discrete IR codes for Power-On and Power-Off. All we have right now is Power-Toggle, which is not very helpful with a programmable remote like my Logitech Harmony One.

Also, sometimes the power button seems to have no effect, especially when your in a menu. You first need to exit the menu before the power button will function.

hifial
11-11-10, 23:35
I second what rob is saying about the power codes it is very annoying if it gets out of sync with the remote macro commands

Maxwell
13-11-10, 12:42
What I really need is discrete IR codes for Power-On and Power-Off. All we have right now is Power-Toggle, which is not very helpful with a programmable remote like my Logitech Harmony One.

Also, sometimes the power button seems to have no effect, especially when your in a menu. You first need to exit the menu before the power button will function.

There are no discrete codes for the VU+ as the device itself is a Toggle Only Actuated Device, as for the problem with the menu etc see my earlier post in this thread about the VU driver regarding universal remotes.

hifial
14-11-10, 10:21
Hi max are you sure there are no discreet commands? A lot of consumer electronics have only power toggle on the remote but there are discreet codes. I emailed vu regarding this issue a few days ago I'll post any reply

Rob van der Does
16-11-10, 20:21
All I can say is that I use a variety of Logitech Harmony remotes (300, 555, 600, 900,1100), and never experienced any problem.

steford
17-11-10, 18:53
After extensive investigation it is now revealed that the Hit and Miss problems with remotes is a problem with the VU Driver itself, it was apparently a problem that was flagged with original remotes in all versions of the original image up to 5.2 when an updated driver was issued by VU. The new driver cured 99% of the problems with the original remote but not a lot for universal remotes. Unless VU acknowledge that there are further issues with this driver and issue a new one nothing more can be done (unless our coding star andyblac knows different:wave:)

Interesting. The box would be perfect for me if this issue was resolved. I can live with it as it is of course with the original remote close at hand should it be required.

hurz
07-01-11, 01:09
Here a posted set of Discrete On/Off codes from a German board, did not yet test them:

Discrete On:
0000 0073 0000 001E 0060 0020 0010 0010 0010 0010 0010 0020 0010 0020 0030 0020 0010 0011 0010 0011 0010 0011 0010 0011 0010 0011 0010 0011 0010 0011 0020 0020 0020 0020 0010 0011 0020 0020 0020 0020 0020 0020 0010 0011 0020 0010 0010 0020 0010 0010 0010 0010 0010 0010 0010 0010 0020 0010 0010 0020 0010 0010 0010 09D2

Discrete Off:
0000 0073 0000 001F 0060 0020 0010 0010 0010 0010 0010 0020 0010 0020 0030 0020 0010 0011 0010 0011 0010 0011 0010 0011 0010 0011 0010 0011 0010 0011 0020 0020 0020 0020 0010 0011 0020 0020 0010 0011 0010 0011 0020 0020 0010 0011 0020 0010 0010 0020 0010 0010 0010 0010 0010 0010 0010 0010 0020 0010 0010 0020 0010 0010 0010 09D2

As described, the VU+ uses a toggle bit in its remote/receiver:
Parity bit: Some remote controls change their codes each time the signal is sent. For instance, if you press the number "5" the code would end in a "0". The second time you press it the code ends in "1". The problem with this is that a learning remote control can learn only one of those signals – not both. Thus, such devices typically will not respond to a universal remote when you send the same code twice in a row (for instance the channel "55"). For more help on this problem click here. Also known as a toggle bit. See also: learning. (from remotecentral.com)

Can you switch off the toggle bit as part of the VU+ driver configuration? Any idea?

(In Windows MCE, which uses toggle bits as well, you can switch it off with a registry key.)

hifial
07-01-11, 08:59
I'll give these codes a go if they work I would be very happy I'll let you know how I get on

Der_Andy_C
08-01-11, 00:39
I once had remote that wouldn't learn codes until I replaced the batteries - I think they need more power to learn than to emit...

hurz
10-01-11, 00:36
The discrete codes do not really work - they seem to be the power on/off code, one with toggle bit on, the other toggle bit off.
So they work as long as you press no other button. After pressing one, the codes are inversed, so on = off and vice versa.

niteman1969
18-01-11, 04:24
Can I do anything with these codes to get the vu+ to work with my slingbox?

Rob van der Does
09-05-11, 14:12
VU+ has promised to add discrete powercommands for the UNO. Hopefully they will do the same for the DUO & SOLO.

gunthergloop
05-06-11, 00:49
I've just come up with a solution to this... Create a copy of your 'Vu+ Duo' device in the Pronto. Learn each button in both 'devices' one after another, jumping from one to the other afterward.

eg. 'Learn' UP_BUTTON on "VU a", then go to your "VU b" and learn it on there (making sure not to press anything else in between).
Then in 'VU a', add "Jump to VU b" and vice versa.

The screen change isn't even visible. Yes it's a bit of a pain to set up, but works well once done. :)

Rob van der Does
05-06-11, 05:08
I've just come up with a solution to this...
Sorry: a solution to what?

gunthergloop
06-06-11, 20:08
Sorry: a solution to what?

To the problem people were having in this thread... the VU+ doesn't recognise the same command twice from learnt devices. Using my method, the Pronto can work around this.

hifial
01-01-12, 23:42
Has anyone the discreet power ir codes for the uno, as i wouldn't mind trying them on the duo. if someone could post them up in hex format i could try it out. Thnx

Rob van der Does
02-01-12, 08:43
UNO works on R/C code 2, DUO on mode 1, so this is not going to work.
But if you have a Harmony R/C I can help you.

DeStRo-W
18-12-12, 21:10
After many configurations now I'm asking for an help.
I've an Harmony Touch RC and I've problem in power on and stand by.
I've programmed an activity that power on, at the same time, all needed devices (including VU+DUO) and another that stand by all at once at the end of the use. Without discret power on and standby its a nightmare: if DUO power on than it doesnt standby when I press OFF; changed config and it doesnt power on, after powered on manualy than it stand by correctly with the OFF activity!!!
If I assign a button for power toggle it works well.
Rob, how do you solve this issue?
Thx in advance.

wl1
18-12-12, 22:45
I have an Harmony One - I will be looking for answer on discrete Deep Standby and Standby, and On commands too. As part of Activities, the Power Toggle works fine, with long short presses. Yet the same command within the Orange Devices section, doesn't work!

I originally set up by selecting Sat Rec > VU+ Duo - but sometimes Harmony software has the same device in many places. Anyone got a better solution or work around?

Rob van der Does
19-12-12, 05:46
After many configurations now I'm asking for an help.
I've an Harmony Touch RC and I've problem in power on and stand by.
I've programmed an activity that power on, at the same time, all needed devices (including VU+DUO) and another that stand by all at once at the end of the use. Without discrete power on and standby its a nightmare: if DUO power on than it doesnt standby when I press OFF; changed config and it doesn't power on, after powered on manually than it stand by correctly with the OFF activity!!!
If I assign a button for power toggle it works well.
Rob, how do you solve this issue?
Thx in advance.
I'm sorry, but the problem isn't clear to me: an activity that 'stand by all at once at the end of the use'?
I take it you have one activity that includes the DUO (something like watching TV), and you want to be sure the DUO powers 'on' at the start of that activity and goes to standby when stopping that activity; correct?

DeStRo-W
19-12-12, 14:10
Sorry for my bad english and my bad explanation.
You are right, I've set an activity that power on several devices including VU+DUO at the same time, but Vu+ DUO doesn't power up.
I've set a button with PowerToggle and it works well. But if I use an activity to power on DUO, it doesn't. I see the green light of IR blinking, but no response.
If you know the Logitech configuration procedure, I've tried to modify the on/off behavior of the single divice (DUO), setting a 2 button remote, command PowerToggle for both on and off and modifying the time of impulse 1 sec for ON and 0,5 for OFF. In this case DUO powers up but doesn't stand by.
With the single button configuration and a 1 sec time, it powers up, but in stand by it gets the too long time an go in power off menu.

Is it clear now?

Rob van der Does
19-12-12, 14:13
Yep, the problem is clear, but the solution isn't (at least not for me). I have the DUO (using powertoggle) in the setup of many Harmony's, but not the Touch.
Maybe the best way is to contact the Logitech Customer Care (from within your account); they are normally very helpful.

DeStRo-W
19-12-12, 14:30
They are at the third configuration, and still the problem persist :)
I thing that they have some problem to configure the correct timing in power on and power off for the single button devices, in particular for DUO, because it has different management of ir command in case of long press.
With your configuration Touch rocks, but its very useful the concept of "activity" introduced by Logitech to manage multiple device configurations like mine: TV+decoder+switch HDMI powered all on and off with one touch ( take in mind, that the activity change TV source to HDMI port 1 and the switch to the correct HDMI output to TV1, for a total of 5 ir commands!)
Waiting for Logitech!

aaddie
21-12-12, 00:21
DeStRo-W, I have the exact same problem with my brand new Harmony Touch, and it's driving me nuts. I've tested all possible sane and insane configurations to make the PowerToggle for Vu+ Duo work, but with no luck. Would you be so kind to keep us posted in this thread whether Logitech manages to resolve it for you or not. Thanks!

They are at the third configuration, and still the problem persist :)
I thing that they have some problem to configure the correct timing in power on and power off for the single button devices, in particular for DUO, because it has different management of ir command in case of long press.
With your configuration Touch rocks, but its very useful the concept of "activity" introduced by Logitech to manage multiple device configurations like mine: TV+decoder+switch HDMI powered all on and off with one touch ( take in mind, that the activity change TV source to HDMI port 1 and the switch to the correct HDMI output to TV1, for a total of 5 ir commands!)
Waiting for Logitech!

Rob van der Does
21-12-12, 06:55
Not sure about the Touch but for any other Harmony that would have this problem (if the regular solutions don't work) I would learn the powertoggle-button 'RAW'. That usually solves all problems.

aaddie
21-12-12, 07:36
Not sure about the Touch but for any other Harmony that would have this problem (if the regular solutions don't work) I would learn the powertoggle-button 'RAW'. That usually solves all problems.
Thanks for the advice. I haven't seen a RAW option in the Touch, but I have an Harmony One I've used for a similar set-up for years, so I'll try to configure the same setup with the One that I have with the Touch during the day and see if there is a difference.

I'll post back here once I know.

Rob van der Does
21-12-12, 07:53
The 'One' has no problem in this area.

aaddie
21-12-12, 08:12
The 'One' has no problem in this area.
I hear you.

I think it's a good test however to ensure that I'm not doing some fundamental stupid mistake with configuring the Touch. It could be valuable information to Logitech support I think ("Just make it work like in One!" :) )

One more thing though. As DeStRo-W wrote, the problem with the PowerToggle IR command in Vu+ Duo with the Harmony Touch is only related to starting/stopping an activity. If the PowerToggle is assigned to a physical button or soft button on the display of the Touch, it works perfectly. So I'm not sure programming as RAW would fix it in this case, since the command obviously works "stand alone", just not in the activity when also starting TV, AV receiver, etc.

aaddie
21-12-12, 08:32
I think it's a good test however to ensure that I'm not doing some fundamental stupid mistake with configuring the Touch. It could be valuable information to Logitech support I think ("Just make it work like in One!" :) )

I've now tested what I believe is the same exact set-up on the Harmony One, and it works flawlessly. I've also used the same delay settings:

power-on delay 1500
inter-key delay 100
(input delay 1000) - Option only available in Harmony One
inter-device delay 500

So this problem seems to be completely Harmony Touch related and not merely a user-error in configuration. I'll contact support in the matter as well and hopefully one day it can be resolved since I don't really want to go back to my One (both have their advantages and disadvantages :) )

Rob van der Does
21-12-12, 08:33
I agree with your comment.
I have a similar problem (with a completely different device) for all my Harmony's; Logitech is trying to fix that for weeks, with no result so far.

Steve88
19-01-15, 19:40
If it helps anyone, I was having issues with the standby not working correctly so I set up the Harmony activity to use a custom power button and set it to '0' (panic button), this meant it switched the box to BBC One HD instead of standby, then when the Harmony "switched it on" it just pressed the '0' key again. I also setup a powertimer to put the Vu Duo into deep standby at 3am and wake up at 6am every day but I've since changed that to a GUI restart at 5.30 instead.

It's not an ideal solution as it doesn't take the box into standby but I thought switching it to BBC One would be better than nothing as it was like a "channel reset".

Trial
19-01-15, 20:19
Hi,
what is not working correctly with your standby?

I use 2 different power button in my myharmony configuration. On is Power Toggle and Off the the sequence Menu, Up, OK, OK to reach standby with the menu. Perhaps you have to adjust it if your menu is a bit different and you can add the option to switch to BBC1 at the start of the sequence.

ciao

Steve88
19-01-15, 20:27
It was just getting confused sometimes where the harmony thought it was in standby when it wasn't, so switching to the tv activity put the Vu Duo into standby.
I might try that sequence for the standby next time i'm playing with the remote.
Cheers!

Trial
19-01-15, 21:35
Hi,
T H E confusion is normal because the vu does not have discrete on/off. I have power toggle on my display so that I can fix the confusion manually. With my trick on is sometimes off but off is always off. So no complete solution but a half one😊

Ciao

Captain Sat
06-12-15, 15:51
Something news?

roy0110
06-12-15, 18:09
is the original vu+ remote programmable?
the volume + - buttons on mine have never worked.
when i press them, the receiver light flashes but the volume doesn't alter.

Trial
06-12-15, 18:51
Hi,
the remote is programmable but only to control a TV in addition to the box. What do you mean that vol +/- is not working? On the box? The box can only control the volume if it is MPEG sound or if downmix is activated.

ciao

roy0110
06-12-15, 21:48
Hi,
the remote is programmable but only to control a TV in addition to the box. What do you mean that vol +/- is not working? On the box? The box can only control the volume if it is MPEG sound or if downmix is activated.

ciao

when i try to control the volume on the receiver (uno) with the supplied vu+ remote a red LED flashes on the uno front panel but the volume doesnt change.

Trial
07-12-15, 08:59
Hi,
what sound track was active? Dolby digital or even DTS? This can only be controlled if downmix is active.

ciao

roy0110
07-12-15, 18:53
im pretty sure it is a problem with the RC unit.
if i use another vu+ RC it alters the volume as expected.

Trial
07-12-15, 19:14
Hi,
then perhaps you programmed the remote to control a TV. If you did that you are not able to control volume of the box anymore. Read manual to find out how to reset the remote.

ciao

roy0110
07-12-15, 19:42
Hi,
then perhaps you programmed the remote to control a TV. If you did that you are not able to control volume of the box anymore. Read manual to find out how to reset the remote.

ciao

the remote control unit has been malfunctioning like this since i bought it new from WOS a few yrs ago.
however i took your advice and performed a reset as written in the manual and is now working fine!!
thanks for the good advice.
ciao

Stephen4144
08-12-16, 09:37
Sorry might not be related but I was wondering if the ir extension that comes with the vus can be extended
Thanks if anyone can help