PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Video freezing and no sound

jcm193
08-01-13, 23:08
Hi iam running the latest version of vix my issue is quite often when i try and play back shows ive recorded the picture will freeze after a few seconds and i will have no sound either,this also happens when i ftp media to the internal hard drive too.If i stop the show iam watching it and try it again a couple of times its fine again any idea what is causing this issue thanks

judge
08-01-13, 23:23
What channels does this happen on, FTA, paid or both?
Also, what are the video formats you are uploading?

jcm193
08-01-13, 23:24
Both judge uploading wise mkv avi

judge
08-01-13, 23:36
avi's can be problematic.
If you are having breakups on FTA channels, I'd suggest looking at your f connectors, if they are fine, your dish.

jcm193
08-01-13, 23:39
If it was my f connecters i would also have issues with live tv iam going to reformat my drive and see if that solves the issue cheers for the reply

Tkr001
09-01-13, 04:48
This has been happening for ages (Driver problem?). When it freezes just rewind a couple of secs and it will start playing back again fine.

Rob van der Does
09-01-13, 05:01
This has been happening for ages (Driver problem?). When it freezes just rewind a couple of secs and it will start playing back again fine.
Correct and indeed driver-related.

jcm193
09-01-13, 18:50
Ah ok i reformated the drive anyway cheers for the headsup

polosolo
05-02-13, 22:35
Correct and indeed driver-related.

What drivers are we talking about here...I presume the box drivers ? I have the Ultimo and the latest Vix image and this happens alot playing media.

Thanks

Best Regards

Larry-G
05-02-13, 22:41
yes he means the hardware drivers for the receiver.

you could try the latest Beta drivers from Vu see if they help or not.

http://archive.vuplus.com/download/drivers/beta/

Rob van der Does
05-02-13, 22:52
What drivers are we talking about here...I presume the box drivers ? I have the Ultimo and the latest Vix image and this happens alot playing media.
With files 'found' on the internet I presume?
Many of them are coded very sloppy; did you try my suggestion to re-code?

polosolo
05-02-13, 22:54
yes he means the hardware drivers for the receiver.

you could try the latest Beta drivers from Vu see if they help or not.

http://archive.vuplus.com/download/drivers/beta/

Ok ..thanks mate. Will try them out .. Thank you.

With files 'found' on the internet I presume?
Many of them are coded very sloppy; did you try my suggestion to re-code?

I have not re-encode anything yet mate as it would take me a lifetime and really is impractical for such numbers.
Maybe the driver updates will help? And I will explore all avenues before taking such drastic action

Best Regards

Larry-G
05-02-13, 23:33
Ok ..thanks mate. Will try them out .. Thank you.

I have not re-encode anything yet mate as it would take me a lifetime and really is impractical for such numbers.
Maybe the driver updates will help? And I will explore all avenues before taking such drastic action

Best Regards

The thing is these boxes handle their media playback from a hardware level with help from drivers, they dont contain software codecs so any media file must be encoded properly in order to have optimum playback. it's very likely that the drivers will do nothing at all for your problem, but re-encoding these "found on the internet" files will.

Rob van der Does
06-02-13, 07:08
Well, for testing purposes I would at least have re-encoded one (small) file. Not much work, is it?
And we have stated it many, many times: no STB will ever be a full media-player. Not even the latest ones with 1.3MHz processors will be able to decode video in software. For exactly the reasons Pheonix pointed out.
At the same time files that are properly coded will only use some 1-3% CPU time to be played, also for the same reason.

So either you'll have to re-encode, or use a real mediaplayer, or refrain from using dubious files.

polosolo
06-02-13, 16:32
Thanks for all your advice Guy`s.
I will take all mentioned onboard .

Best Regards.