PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Going to standby after update

Reddevil
08-01-13, 12:40
Hello all you techs

I have recently updated to latest image, after an update today my VU Duo keeps switching off to standby which is annoying, ive checked power settings nothing set.

I was wondering if anyone knows whats causing this and the cure.

Ive had a tinker and set a one off timer to go to standby then do nothing hope this may cure the issue.

Input welcomed.

souldude
13-01-13, 16:23
Goto HDMI CEC and turn off.

Had this problem for a while but using Version 2.4 Vix and thats still works fine except for the updates on the plugins

andyblac
13-01-13, 16:31
Hello all you techs

I have recently updated to latest image, after an update today my VU Duo keeps switching off to standby which is annoying, ive checked power settings nothing set.

I was wondering if anyone knows whats causing this and the cure.

Ive had a tinker and set a one off timer to go to standby then do nothing hope this may cure the issue.

Input welcomed.

please post you debug log.

Reddevil
15-01-13, 13:04
please post you debug log.

There is no log to post, it stopped doing it then updated again and started again, where is the debug log and how do i turn on logging for events etc

stick50jr
15-01-13, 13:32
From memory I think
>setup>logs
there you can provide your details (username & email) to allow direct send of crash logs.
For the debug logs, you'll need to enable and send manually.
The logs are in home\root\logs directory... you'd ftp from there to your PC and then attach to your post

Sicilian
15-01-13, 13:53
Did you restore an old backup?

Reddevil
15-01-13, 14:06
Did you restore an old backup?

no new install no backups saved.

Ive turned on logs in settings will see what it reports when it occurs again, seems to be a random time.

sg1ghost
15-01-13, 23:56
Updated my vu duo an hour ago and it too is keep going into stanby at random times. I'll reboot and test again tomorrow, it's fine just stanby annoying

Rob van der Does
16-01-13, 06:26
I haven't seen any logs yet.
And you disabled HDMI-CEC?

Reddevil
16-01-13, 12:06
I haven't seen any logs yet.
And you disabled HDMI-CEC?

No its enabled as it turns off box and TV

Rob van der Does
16-01-13, 12:15
No its enabled as it turns off box and TV
Then please disable ot and see how you go from there.

Reddevil
16-01-13, 13:13
Then please disable ot and see how you go from there.

will do..........

sg1ghost
16-01-13, 21:57
I disabled my hdmi cec and it fixed this problem. I'll soon be going back to previous img as I use hdmi cec feature.

Rob van der Does
17-01-13, 08:05
I disabled my hdmi cec and it fixed this problem. I'll soon be going back to previous img as I use hdmi cec feature.
Mabe try to configure HDMI-CEC the correct way? That can be difficult, as many TV's use all kinds of (proprietary) sub-protocols.
Or use a good R/C that can handle all by itself (see my footer for examples).

emmanneil
17-01-13, 13:23
i am having the same problem, after leaving my vu+ duo on for a while i will go out and when i come back there is just a red light on the box, i bought it from WOS so i know its a genuine box. it has done this on VIX 3.0 and openvix. its really annoying

i have attached my log to this 22675

Rob van der Does
17-01-13, 14:53
i am having the same problem, after leaving my vu+ duo on for a while i will go out and when i come back there is just a red light on the box, i bought it from WOS so i know its a genuine box. it has done this on VIX 3.0 and openvix. its really annoying i have attached my log to this
This is a crashlog; a crash can't be the reason to go to standby (on the contrary: a crash restarts Enigma).
Please add your debuglog from the time the box went into standby.

And if you say to have the same: that also means that disabling HDMI-CEC fixes the problem?

theo
19-01-13, 14:10
i am having the same problem, after leaving my vu+ duo on for a while i will go out and when i come back there is just a red light on the box, 22675

Im having the same problem since I updated to Vix 3.0 on Jan 13th. I dont know if disabling HDMI CEC will fix the issue, I dont want to disable it, its a feature I like to have.

Is there due to be a fix for this, or is this something we're going to have to live with?

Rob van der Does
19-01-13, 14:57
Since none of you is submitting any debuglogs, a fix is very unlikely.

theo
20-01-13, 01:18

home/root/logs is empty, nothing there, no debuglog available

judge
20-01-13, 01:23
home/root/logs is empty, nothing there, no debuglog available

You need to enable debug logs.
Menu -> Setup -> System -> Logs -> Settings -> Enable debug log = yes.
Then restart E2 or reboot.

Reddevil
22-01-13, 12:15
Ok I tracked down the issue I think its not the HDMI-CEC as suspected, it actually tracked back to the WEBIF add on.

I turned off HDMI-CEC and then started getting a different error, channel list would just pop up at random, I know no one can access box from outside but I thought nothing to loose disabling it.

Turned it off and no problems at all now. It can remain off as i dont use it.

theo
25-01-13, 22:32
Since my last post ive been having a similar issue - random channel information popping up, as well as satbox going to standby!

Im unable to post a debuglog - no such log is being created in my home/root/logs folder, despite having set the settings as advised in the recent post.

Where do I find WEBIF ?

judge
25-01-13, 22:37
Have you restarted E2 after enabling debug logs?
WebIF is found by going to your box IP address in any browser.

theo
27-01-13, 11:25

Ive disabled WEBif. I thought it solved the problem, but it hasnt. Box went into standby today. Debuglog attached

theo
27-01-13, 11:48
Ive just noticed that WebIF wasnt disabled, at some point it had re-enabled itself. So maybe after all that is what the problem is. Ive just disabled it again, i'll find out today I guess. What does WebIF do?

Rob van der Does
28-01-13, 09:28
What does WebIF do?
It allows the use of a browser to access your box.