PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] subtitles

skippie
08-01-13, 11:10
First of all i have to say i`m very pleased with openvix images.

I`m new at using openvix since i bought the gigablue quad a week ago.

Nothing negative to say so far except for one little thing :

As i`m not native english speaker i often use subtitles for the sky channels, makes it easier to follow the programs.
This fails when i watch recordings from sky. When i add subtitles, some text is missing and other text remains on the screeen and disappears after a while making it difficult to follow what`s being said.

Is there a possibility to have a look at this in the future please ? It would be a great help for me if this is being fixed.

thnx alot.

Sicilian
08-01-13, 14:30
Moved to correct section.

skippie
08-01-13, 15:07
thnx Sicilian

Rob van der Does
09-01-13, 05:23
Hmm, maybe you can be a bit more specific? Is that problem the same on every UK-channel? Is it the same on HD & SD channels?
I ask that, because I use subtitles on BBC and ITV (and other channels as well) all the time, and I never found any problem.

m404
10-01-13, 01:31
how can you never have noticed any problems, when the mentioned subtitle service (via teletext) occasionally has native (!) sync issues (read: nothing you guys could fix, as it happens with official supported freesat / bskyb equipment too) ...

the worst "bug" is when it's missing a line ... like, you only get to see half the conversations, cause the subtitles are using a bogus break sign andbit's even showing on the txt page itself (like, rather than having the embedded subtitles plugin pull it from the txt page, i instead open the teletext plugin, and open the page for the subs, usually 888 or something, and the same error is happening there )

the subtitles service via text just isn't ver reliable, unfortunately it's what bskyb uses ... dvb subs are much better...

Rob van der Does
10-01-13, 06:44
how can you never have noticed any problems, ......
No idea? And I watch BBC & ITV a lot, always with TT-subs.

skippie
23-03-13, 18:19
how can you never have noticed any problems, when the mentioned subtitle service (via teletext) occasionally has native (!) sync issues (read: nothing you guys could fix, as it happens with official supported freesat / bskyb equipment too) ...

the worst "bug" is when it's missing a line ... like, you only get to see half the conversations, cause the subtitles are using a bogus break sign andbit's even showing on the txt page itself (like, rather than having the embedded subtitles plugin pull it from the txt page, i instead open the teletext plugin, and open the page for the subs, usually 888 or something, and the same error is happening there )

the subtitles service via text just isn't ver reliable, unfortunately it's what bskyb uses ... dvb subs are much better...

Yes. That's exactly what happens when you try the subtitles. I couldn't say better. Is there a way to fix? It is very annoying and we are 3 months later now.

Sent from my V972 Core4 using Tapatalk HD