PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Ultimo] LCD icon descriptions

Peanut006
07-01-13, 23:07
Hi!

Just got the VU+ Ultimo couple days ago. I got OpenVIX 3.0.343 installed to it. There are icon blinking in the LCD screen, the icon is like ball between brackets. I haven't found information about the LCD icon.. So what does that blinking icon mean? And is there somewhere document where are LCD screen icon descriptions?

Thanks!

judge
07-01-13, 23:14
It means that updates for the image are available.
If it's green, it's a stable update.
If it's red, it's flagged as an unstable update.
Red doesn't necessarily mean it's unstable, just that all changes haven't been fully tested yet.

Peanut006
08-01-13, 19:00
Thanks judge! I'll try to update the box, let see, will the icon go away.. :)

Larry-G
08-01-13, 19:19
Thanks judge! I'll try to update the box, let see, will the icon go away.. :)

yes the icon will go away if you successfully update the image and no more updates are detected, but as we issue updates on a almost nightly basis you may find the flashing icon a common sight.

Peanut006
11-01-13, 20:46
Yeah, noticed :) I disabled automatic update check, thank helped.

It's very nice that software gets updates very often :D But is there way to update the box easily so that channels and timers will not get erased?

Larry-G
11-01-13, 21:12
Thats exactly what the online update does, updating this way always keeps timers and bouquets untouched.

Peanut006
12-01-13, 21:35
Ok, I give a try to online update. I tried previously update my factory version 3xx something to newest but it didn't work, it always said that the service is under maintenance etc.. But I'll let you know how it works now.. Ah, it said nothing to upgrade :) Well need to wait new version...

Peanut006
14-01-13, 20:59
Yeah, the update worked great, which was nice, good work guys!