PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Uno] What Has Happened To Positioner Setup ?

StuBFrost
07-01-13, 17:49
Did a fresh install of the latest image (build 553) and when I go into "Positioner Setup" it is missing options that were there before including "GOTO 0" and the screen looks incomplete, ie OK etc missing

What has happened ?

Rob van der Does
07-01-13, 19:33
The positioner setup has undergone a major update. In next build (tonight?) the skins will be adapted to that.

davidcmadrid
08-01-13, 13:53
I have no " positioner setup " at all used to push that option to go into a menu that gave me fine movement and seek goto zero,, has the whole thing been taken out ? Is there any way for me to get it back or do i need to do a fresh install of an older image ? Incidentally im vu+uno , not ultimo.

Rob van der Does
08-01-13, 19:30
Sorry, I'm lost now. Can you explain your problem in detail please?
What is it that you miss?

alien2108
09-01-13, 15:44
I have no " positioner setup " at all used to push that option to go into a menu that gave me fine movement and seek goto zero,, has the whole thing been taken out ? Is there any way for me to get it back or do i need to do a fresh install of an older image ? Incidentally im vu+uno , not ultimo.

The whole "Positioner setup" was also missing on my fresh ViX installation on Solo2. You have to install the Plugin:"positionersetup". You will find it under Plugins/Download plugins/systemplugins/positionersetup

I have no idea why it was not installed by default, sometimes it was OR?

Rob van der Does
09-01-13, 15:55
Hmmm, not sure what's wrong then: the Positione Setup is indeed installed in the image by default.

alien2108
09-01-13, 16:03
Hmmm, not sure what's wrong then: the Positione Setup is indeed installed in the image by default.

I installed this "openvix-3.0.553-vusolo2_usb.zip" on my Solo2 and positionersetup was not there. I had to install the plugin manually!

davidcmadrid
09-01-13, 16:04
The whole "Positioner setup" was also missing on my fresh ViX installation on Solo2. You have to install the Plugin:"positionersetup". You will find it under Plugins/Download plugins/systemplugins/positionersetup

I have no idea why it was not installed by default, sometimes it was OR?

This is pretty much whats happened me , you might imagine looking at my menu that i had no motorized setup at all. Literally there is no way to adjust the position of the dish east west etc unless i manually tweak the position of the dish in tuner setup. I am at work now but will post full details of my install later , save to say it was the latest build a week ago that I am using. ( But as I said my box is the vu+uno ) . I never thought to check for it as a plugin i must admit , so will do that later.

Rob van der Does
09-01-13, 16:35
I installed this "openvix-3.0.553-vusolo2_usb.zip" on my Solo2 and positionersetup was not there. I had to install the plugin manually!
OK, we'll look into it.

Rob van der Does
09-01-13, 17:04
You're correct: the plugin has been deleted by mistake. From nexr build on it will be installed by default again.
Thanks for reporting :thumbsup:

StuBFrost
09-01-13, 18:11
Has it been deleted from all images or just Solo 2 ?

Rob van der Does
09-01-13, 18:14
It had been deleted as default plugin for all images.

StuBFrost
09-01-13, 18:15
OK thanks. Was just going to reinstall build 554 from scratch but I will wait now.

Rob van der Does
09-01-13, 20:26
No need: just install the plugin from the feeds.