PDA

View Full Version : What else is required?

dannat
06-01-13, 23:35
Hi all,

I currently have a skybox F3, but I feel the solo2 maybe more suitable for my needs. Once the vix firmware is installed what else is required to make it function like a $ky+ box? ie 7 day epg, series link recording etc.

If it easy enough to load an N-line onto the solo2?

Are there any basic setup guides for the solo2 that anyone could point me to?

Cheers for any help.

Sicilian
07-01-13, 00:04

Think you should re-read the rules that you agreed before you break them again ;)

warajoker
07-01-13, 00:19
7 DAY EPG AND SERIRES RECORDING IS POSSIBLE AND I CAN HELP YOU SET THAT UP BUT about the other question alls I can say is. its very easy aslong as you have some knowledge on how to ftp etc. everything needed to set it up and tutorials can be found on this forum. but I cant say anymore.GOOD LUCK
Hi all,

I currently have a skybox F3, but I feel the solo2 maybe more suitable for my needs. Once the vix firmware is installed what else is required to make it function like a $ky+ box? ie 7 day epg, series link recording etc.

Are there any basic setup guides for the solo2 that anyone could point me to?

Cheers for any help.

dannat
07-01-13, 09:08
Fair enough sorry Sicilian.

Cheers Warajoker, I have setup XBMC on a couple ATV2's that is about as far as my knowledge on ftp'ing goes.

warajoker
07-01-13, 09:22
yh its really easy just along you know the paths that you have to ftp to. there are tutorials on the forum
Fair enough sorry Sicilian.

Cheers Warajoker, I have setup XBMC on a couple ATV2's that is about as far as my knowledge on ftp'ing goes.

josh_g
07-01-13, 12:33
Take a look at this it should tell you what you need to know to get set up! google about the config file and that should answer some questions

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?23571-New-box-set-up-guide

09-03-13, 07:01
7 DAY EPG AND SERIRES RECORDING IS POSSIBLE AND I CAN HELP YOU SET THAT UP

Care to share? Please :)

Larry-G
09-03-13, 07:41

There is a feature built into the ViX image and others called Auto Timers, this basically acts the same as a series link feature in a sky receiver, as for the EPG you can use the Built in CrossEPG to generate a full 7 day EPG on a daily basis, Both are easy enough to setup.

v8rick
09-03-13, 10:03

thought your solo2 was going back? :D

09-03-13, 10:45
thought your solo2 was going back? :D

Mine? You confusing me with someone else :D