PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Recording a program and also the following - Only using one tuner

bazzar1206
06-01-13, 12:24
I have on many occasions tried to record a program and the following program. Because of the 3 minute buffer on each side, it takes up two tuners to record the buffer then goes to one when the first program finishes. This makes it impossible to record something on another channel as there are no free tuners, when there really is.

Is there a setting which it will automatically see that its the same channel and use the same tuner to film both and just split the buffer?

I've tried searching the forum but had no luck.

I'm running the latest VIX with a DUO.

Mavcek
06-01-13, 13:13
Best option would be to record both programmes as one long recording and then cut the resulting recording afterwards which would free up the other tuner.

bazzar1206
06-01-13, 13:16
I did think of that first of all. However, it does not work for autotimers that have been automatically created.

Would be a great function to implement.

Tkr001
07-01-13, 06:14
I don't have your problem on my duo. I regularly do what you are talking about. Same transponder so only one tuner needed.

Rob van der Does
07-01-13, 06:45
I have on many occasions tried to record a program and the following program. Because of the 3 minute buffer on each side, it takes up two tuners to record the buffer then goes to one when the first program finishes. This makes it impossible to record something on another channel as there are no free tuners, when there really is.
That is not correct: when recording the same channel the box will always use the same tuner.

I hope you have 'preferred tuner' set to 'auto'?

Mavarick
07-01-13, 09:03
When I changed images I had a simlair issue but thanks to some explaination from Tkr001 I was able to sort through the freg settings for the channels and group more that 1 channel off the same transponder. 1 transponder = 1 tuner.
Since then I have only been let down once, but have been able record up to 6 channels at once so far I think it was.

bazzar1206
07-01-13, 12:26
Thanks guys. I'll have a little play about with it.