PDA

View Full Version : UBIFS Update - Stuck

bud788
05-01-13, 16:10
Hi guys.. I was trying to install Vix image instead of BH ! at fist it just rebooted and stuck on the Bh logo.. so reflashed it with BH image, that i made a backup on internal HDD on solo2 before i started. so i copied it to pc the then deleted it from solo2, now when i try to flash any image i get UBIFS update !!

any help please bud

bud788
05-01-13, 16:30
Sorted it now... My first usb pen that worked fine first time wouldn't do the trick in the end.. so done a bit of googling and tried another usb stick and work great first time !!

retbaz
05-01-13, 21:04
Hi All,
I've flashed my Vu+ Solo2 With BH, it wroks Fine, i try to flash now with the VTI image 5. but isnot possible. After many reboots, Vu+ Solo2 stoped on booting BH logo. I can use only BH image, You help and advises are welcome.
Kinds Regards
Retbaz

ferrari312
05-01-13, 21:21
I had this issue too retbaz - try another USB key or alternative and maybe format drive before copying image.

Maybe the VU+ are sensitive to brand types of USB key - i ended up flashing with a 16GB SDHC card plugged into a USB adapter.

... one other thing i did was disconnect the internal SATA drive, not sure if that helped but on reboots after an image flash all my settings were still present.

retbaz
06-01-13, 10:02
Please, How can I erase my VU+ SOLO 2 like she is a new one ? Can you help me ? Thank you. :)
Retbaz

Sicilian
06-01-13, 10:06
Please, How can I erase my VU+ SOLO 2 like she is a new one ? Can you help me ? Thank you. :)
Retbaz

Latest official image here
http://code.vuplus.com:8080/listFile?subdir=solo2

Next time start your own topic please.

bud788
06-01-13, 11:42
@retbaz.. i hope u have sorted it by now but if not try this... get a different USB pen and follow these instructions as posted in the solo2 forum.. make sure you use the tools stated in the tut....

bud

Thumbs up How to USB flash upgrade VU+ Solo2

1) Prepare a USB stick, format FAT32. I'd recommend using this HP Format tool.
2) Download the image you would like to use, extract the vuplus folder.
3) Copy the vuplus folder to root of your USB stick.
4) Connect to VU+ Solo2.
5) Power on, when prompted on front display to press power button, touch the BLUE cirlces to the left of the front panel. This is the touch sensitive power button.
6) Wait for the flashing process to complete and automatically reboot. DO NOT POWER OFF DURING THE FLASHING PROCESS!

Once you copy the vuplus folder to USB stick as in step 3, you should see the vuplus folder when accessing the root of the USB stick. Folder structure should be vuplus > solo2 > flash files.

I'd also recommend installing Teracopy, although not essential, to your PC to copy files from PC to USB stick, less chance of corrupting flash files.

retbaz
06-01-13, 13:20
Many thanks to All. it's works after removing HDD and flashing from the same usb key.
Great forum.
Retbaz

ferrari312
07-01-13, 00:52
Guys - can any of the more experienced members comment on " it's works after removing HDD and flashing from the same usb key."

This was my experience as well, and the first time a flash to any device ( PC BIOS for example ) was affected by having another storage device attached such as a HDD.

In this operation the image is being written to a programmable chip , I cant understand why having the HDD attached would make a difference ?is there something in the flash process which checks for the existence of an HDD ?

this is solo2 specific.

Sicilian
07-01-13, 06:11
Guys - can any of the more experienced members comment on " it's works after removing HDD and flashing from the same usb key."

This was my experience as well, and the first time a flash to any device ( PC BIOS for example ) was affected by having another storage device attached such as a HDD.

In this operation the image is being written to a programmable chip , I cant understand why having the HDD attached would make a difference ?is there something in the flash process which checks for the existence of an HDD ?

this is solo2 specific.

Does the blackhole image create anykind of 'vuplus' folder backup on the HDD?

75mak
20-01-13, 12:10
Does the blackhole image create anykind of 'vuplus' folder backup on the HDD?

yes, i ran into a similar problem yesterday.

I wanted to give the Vix image a go after using blackhole since I first got the solo2. I tried flashing the vix iage at least 5 times with various USB sticks.

But everytime I tried flashing VIX I would get the blackhole booting screen and then the display would get stuck on starting.

when I reflashed to blackhole, it worked fine again and what suprised me was all my setting were as I had them. That made me think the reflashing process uses the backup folder on the HDD.

I havn't retried Vix since removing the vuplus backup folder on the HDD, but I'm pretty sure that's what caused the flashing conflict.

Trial
20-01-13, 18:12
Hi,
rename or remove the vuplus folder on the hdd. It seems that the box tries to flash from hdd and backup from blackhole places its backups in the folder vuplus.

ciao