PDA

View Full Version : icefilms plugin

cosie
04-01-13, 14:04
ive installed this on latest vix.im getting a magic key error,same as ultimo error i gues.will be a great plugin when its finished

warajoker
04-01-13, 14:12
not completed yet mate. as he stated in his release that's probably why your getting errors. but I have a feeling this is going to work nicely in the future when complete with the power of these new recivers

cosie
04-01-13, 14:17
ye thanks for the info,the other thread is closed so i couldnt leave feedback.but ye this could be another great plugin to go with 1channel

warajoker
04-01-13, 14:20
1channel just doesent work for me. so im gratefull someone else is taking there time and working on a new movie streamer

cosie
04-01-13, 14:27
works for me with the odd crash here and there but its not a complete crash of the box so it all comes back in 30 seconds or so

scrupples
04-01-13, 14:37
the one posted is only the py2.6 OE1.6 version so will not work with py2.7 or OE2.0

you need this one for vix :)

bassethound
04-01-13, 14:40
This icefilms plugin is from the same guy who makes the 1channel plugin (subixonfire) so should be well supported

cosie
04-01-13, 14:47
the one posted is only the py2.6 OE1.6 version so will not work with py2.7 or OE2.0

great ill try this one thanks

bassethound
04-01-13, 14:56

Thanks for this its working great on vix i have added the file to my original icefilms plugin post

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?24854-New-Plugin-%28icefilms%29

cosie
04-01-13, 15:20
right i get the following error with that version......no module named icefilms_03.01.2013.plugin
anyone got info on this error
this is the path i used /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions

azael
04-01-13, 15:23
Same here used the same path

warajoker
04-01-13, 15:46
same here used the same path

bassethound
04-01-13, 15:53
Try renaming the folder to icefilms and doing a full restart

bassethound
04-01-13, 15:57
Here is my plugin browser showing icefilms

Rob van der Does
04-01-13, 15:58
The plugin will be on the feed once the next build is ready.
In the meantime you can install the attached ipk.

Mr. Mister
04-01-13, 16:08
Working a treat..

Got the classic that is Bad Boys playing here at the moment..

azael
04-01-13, 17:32
Yay got it mostly working sitting watching that ' ahem ' classic deep rising :rolleyes:. Tho' the Tv programs seem start fine then stop after about 30 seconds still not complaining as it is a new plug in so bound to be some teething troubles. Thanks to the developer for all his work:thumbsup:

millfieldlad
04-01-13, 20:39
loaded a treat with build 552 , but tried to watch(test really) tangled in 3D.. it most definitely works but glitches every 5-10 seconds , i,m running VM 100meg broadband so cant see that been the problem.. nonetheless a cracking bit of kit (plugin) ..lol

scrupples
04-01-13, 21:03
loaded a treat with build 552 , but tried to watch(test really) tangled in 3D.. it most definitely works but glitches every 5-10 seconds , i,m running VM 100meg broadband so cant see that been the problem.. nonetheless a cracking bit of kit (plugin) ..lol

try a different source for the stream, it usually helps :)

Sicilian
04-01-13, 23:42
Moved to correct section, please do not post in downloads only sections.

saxon
05-01-13, 00:11
just tried this work a treat watched taken 2 HD rip fantastic running quite nice

skippie
05-01-13, 14:53
nice plugin, works fine here too, some crashes here and there, but really brilliantly working already.

Question : as i`m not native english speaking, could it be possible to add subtitles in the future ?

thnx alot for this plugin.

(1channel gives me no results at all so far, can`t play anything)

cwebb66
07-01-13, 06:36
very nice plugin indeed , had some clitches on hd , but works ok for me

Mandanddeb
13-01-13, 10:47
Iv just downloaded the plugin from the vix plugins and I can't get any sound is there a something iv done wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help

Mark

hilly
13-01-13, 11:04
did you reboot after install.

Mandanddeb
13-01-13, 13:38
I did but its wasn't working but it is now I think it was my fault the little one had his progs on so I was in the hdd and then tried to watch a movie see how good it was and it wouldn't work so when I came back and tried again it was awesome probably the best plug in iv ever used! Thanks guys + author

s1m0nw
17-01-13, 21:40
right theres that many post regarding this plugin lol.... Whats the latest revision of this plugin??

I got it from vix feeds on 9th altho I had it before then but I removed it and installed the one from vix feed incase it was an updated one.

sonna
19-01-13, 21:02
Fantastic plugin. However, Vix crashes when I try to play something from Movreel. It did work once from Movreel but not since. Have reinstalled from plugin menu and also manually installed version 03.01.2012 as advised earlier but same happens still. Good util though and will be fab when problems have been ironed out.

scrupples
20-01-13, 12:34
Fantastic plugin. However, Vix crashes when I try to play something from Movreel. It did work once from Movreel but not since. Have reinstalled from plugin menu and also manually installed version 03.01.2012 as advised earlier but same happens still. Good util though and will be fab when problems have been ironed out.

movreel has a 2gb limit for unregistered users,you need to first register on the site with a free account,then insert your username and password into the res.conf file.

azael
20-01-13, 13:02
movreel has a 2gb limit for unregistered users,you need to first register on the site with a free account,then insert your username and password into the res.conf file.

Hi what format do I use to edit the conf file do I just need the user name and password or the complete text with user name and password in the quotations I have tried a few different versions and it still crashes under Vix

ronnie11
20-01-13, 13:27
I give it a try yesterday but no sound on any of the film's i picked.

marty
20-01-13, 13:37
Set downmix to on ;)

azael
20-01-13, 15:10
Hi what format do I use to edit the conf file do I just need the user name and password or the complete text with user name and password in the quotations I have tried a few different versions and it still crashes under Vix

Never mind got it sussed username and password in the quotation marks appears to have worked:thumbsup:

scrupples
20-01-13, 16:27
Never mind got it sussed username and password in the quotation marks appears to have worked:thumbsup:

just about to reply sorry for being late :)

sonna
20-01-13, 16:29
Thanks mate I'll give this a go.

azael
20-01-13, 17:17
just about to reply sorry for being late :)
No worries:D

sonna
20-01-13, 19:11
Now loads Movreel films without crashing. Thanks for the info!

However, movies can sometimes still stutter when trying to play (not the fault of IceFilms I know).

It would be good if there was an option to say download the first 5% of a film and then start playing afterwards to help combat buffering.

No idea if it can be done. Only a suggestion... :)

scrupples
20-01-13, 21:43
start the stream then press pause for a bit :)

ronnie11
20-01-13, 22:26
Set downmix to on ;)

Thank's for the reply, Where do i find the option.

ronnie11
20-01-13, 23:56
Ok found it but was already set to on.

sonna
21-01-13, 00:06
Tried that mate. Doesn't always work. Sometimes the title won't begin to play either. Ah well. Will keep trying!!

Flyingpig
21-01-13, 00:59
Just installed this plugin..... Very good.....

A few of the films didnt work, and I found that the HD movies were sluggish - however, I reckon that is my internet connection. I will try the pause button to see if that will allow enough buffer.

scrupples
21-01-13, 09:44
Also if there is more than one link to choose from try a different one, sometimes that makes a difference, does for me any way :)

shizik
23-01-13, 22:59
pls where i can write user and pass for Movreel ? i have registred at their site but i'm bit confused where in my VUuno to place this config file

scrupples
24-01-13, 11:42
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/icefilms/resolvers/res.conf

put your user pass inside the "" ""

sonna
31-01-13, 01:31
Anyone else having problems with getting Sharebees and Movreel titles to play? Doesn't even begin to buffer for me. Just doesn't seem to initiate at all. 180upload works fine however as does BillionUploads.

Rob van der Does
31-01-13, 07:38
Please advise me if I should delete the plugin from the feeds. I read so many problems about it.

shizik
31-01-13, 13:48
my vote is NOT to delete plugin

sonna
31-01-13, 14:37
No don't delete it. Its no longer crashing (since Movreel user and password were added) which is an improvement. I guess its only a matter of time before we (I) can play them!

RockHopper
31-01-13, 18:32
No don’t delete the plugin it works ok if you stay of the HD links and just use the DVD ones :thumbsup:

azael
31-01-13, 19:35
I agree don't delete it I have watched loads of films without any hassle even better since the movreel password was added. True sharebees doesn't work but I can live with that, and it works better than 1 channel on my gigablue UE

alba1978
31-01-13, 21:34
It works fine on my ET9200 and have watched about 10 films including some 3d and have had no issues at all. Great plugin and worth keeping.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Stanman
31-01-13, 21:51
Delete, if people want to install it there is always IPK available on the net and its on shaky grounds as regards legality.

Flyingpig
31-01-13, 22:46
Delete, if people want to install it there is always IPK available on the net and its on shaky grounds as regards legality.

I disagree - This does not infringe UK Law or copyright - however, it may and more than likely does infringe US Law. If you feel that this is on shaky grounds, then surely you must feel the same about the BBC iPlayer and ITV OD as they are licensed products?

These are great products and if they are removed it will stifle ground breaking developments - such as 4 OD..??

Just my 2 penneth!! But please dont delete as I only found it by accident and it works great on some films. Agree with some comments stay away from the HD vids.

FP.

mickyblueys
31-01-13, 22:59
It shouldn't affect the BBC iplayer if you are UK citizen paying a UK tv license fee.

And downloading/streaming films is illegal, from a server that doesn't hold the necessary licences, covered by UK law. look up the body federation against copyright theft F.A.C.T

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Flyingpig
31-01-13, 23:15
Deffo not the place to get into this, however, it is not illegal. For it to be illegal, a law must of been passed, a legal case must of been succesful. To Stream a movie as the end user and watch there has been no prosecution ever brought.

The provider may be breaking the law, however, that again depends on the law of the country they are based in and in most cases is defo illegal? In the UK it is technically not illegal or legal, so therefore - Its okay until it changes. Which it never will.

I draw your attention to the quoted article from F.A.C.T. - see below. You need to draw your attention to the wording, and pay close attention to what it says is illegal. Please dispel any myth in your mind that watching streamed movies is illegal.

Streaming

Illegal streaming allows you to view unauthorised copyrighted content on demand without downloading the illegal file. Websites may stream directly or provide links to content hosted on other websites. Both hosting unauthorised content and providing links to unauthorised content is illegal.

Illegal streaming sites often provide a subscription service whereby you can pay to stream illegal content. These sites can often host advertisements for legitimate products or services alongside the illegal content. They may also use trademarks, cover art and provide a plot summary or cast list as a means to fool consumers into believing that the website is legal.

mickyblueys
31-01-13, 23:18
Agree not place to get into it, totally disagree with you're logic. And reading it several times, says to me its illegal.

Edit : Sorry 1 more point or missed point it is not about us being the end user, its about the vix site sharing the software. Which in you're extract from fact. States sharing links is illegal.
Case and point -the pirate bay torrent website was prosecuted and closed down, and now has had to go underground or in the clouds, so to speak.

sonna
01-02-13, 00:06
Just a further update… since updating Vix tonight to the latest build, Movreel has begun to crash the box again.

Flyingpig
01-02-13, 00:15
Agree not place to get into it, totally disagree with you're logic. And reading it several times, says to me its illegal.

Edit : Sorry 1 more point or missed point it is not about us being the end user, its about the vix site sharing the software. Which in you're extract from fact. States sharing links is illegal.
Case and point -the pirate bay torrent website was prosecuted and closed down, and now has had to go underground or in the clouds, so to speak.

The links are provided by the software that is downloaded. Selling of guns is not illegal, however, several of there uses are. Providing the software is not illegal - it is the use and the links that they provide, and that is because in some countries it may be legal. However, the provider of the links (Movreel, Sharebees, the author of the product) could be prosecuted under UK law.

Streaming is essentially different from Torrents. Streaming has never had a succesful prosecution and as you can see from the FACT website it is the site and the providers of links that are breaking the law in the UK.

Case and point - Torrent is not similar to the streaming we were talking about, I have at no point said that Torrents providing links to unauthorised copyrighted material is not viewed as illegal - possibly soon to change though!!

Please consider the legal text books and laws of precedent and always consider the finer points of the case in question and never confuse one with maybe 2 or three (see what I did there)......Streaming - stick to facts, with what FACT says and the UK Law. Providers of links are breaking the law.

VIX / WoS would not be under any threat (IMHO) and would be able to provide good argument which is likely to be successful, and that is why no one like that will be challenged because if a provider loses - then precedent has been set. Then my friend it would be open season if you will.

mickyblueys
01-02-13, 00:29
Case and point - Torrent is not similar to the streaming we were talking about, I have at no point said that Torrents providing links to unauthorised copyrighted material is not viewed as illegal - possibly soon to change though!!

Humour me.....how is this different. Pirate bay provide torrents. They didn't do any thing else. Basically a torrent is somewhat like an Ipk file in that you need Another piece of software to make it work. Vix provided the Ipk. neither of them wrote the data. Ultimately yes its down to the end user what they do with these....... Pirate bay were the middle man, as is vix! So if one can be prosecuted and closed down surely the other can also.

I find this very interesting that's all, trying to understand where the thin line of the law starts and finishes.

judge
01-02-13, 00:53
another reason to remove certain plugins from the feeds.
users who want to complain can find other methods to view shows...

Flyingpig
01-02-13, 01:03
I am not 100% (about 50%) sure of the technicalities and points of law that makes it different, although it definitely is. I will look into it - I think it is to do with physicality, and the ability to store, reshare, and pass on - thus making users providers of unauthorised copyrighted material - even if that be 1 segment.

Torrents themselves are not illegal, neither is downloading the actual file (based on a technicality - viewing / sharing; if you dont watch you ain't broke the law). You could use torrents to share free public use files and that is not illegal. Sites such as TPB are seen as 'houses of ill-repute' and although they are not illegal the BPI and various other organisations have lobbied for support (mainly by detailing how their Business is suffering - bo!!ocks) and have obtained agreements from the law courts that access to them should be prevented - not illegal.

I am not aware of the defences that there organisations of used, but you will in general if they used the best solicitors and barristers they would be succesfull, but that does not account for the bias nature caused by lobbying and government support and decisions by people who are at best, moderately literate with the modern digital age.

With the law - never assume; laws are created by the normal way - house of lords, royal ascent etc, or precedent (in UK anyway). Just becuase you think or someone has said it is, always look for the point on which it is served, and then consider that one point.

I am not saying that tomorrow someone may be found guilty of viewing copyrighted material unlawfully, this would then set precedent. Although I suggest it wont happen, because if that person successfully defends again precedent has been set and you would soon find all manner of UK PPV TV being streamed - as it would be deemed lawful.

Do you think some UK providers are willing to risk it? Not until they have lobbied enough, and got enough support, and by then we will almost certainly know about it before it happens.

I struggle to see how any person can be prosecuted for viewing streamed content. Providing it is totally different on the other hand.

Flyingpig
01-02-13, 01:12
In an attempt to go through the semantics of the law / advice from FACT see comments below;

Illegal streaming allows (This wording points to Illegal Streaming, you are bearking the law if you stream) you to view unauthorised copyrighted (No mention of the law??)content on demand without downloading the illegal file( this section raises the white flag - without downloading the illegal file? This represents the file is illegal - which we all know; it does not reference viewing or the STREAMEE?? is that the right word??). Websites may stream directly or provide links to content hosted on other websites. Both hosting unauthorised content and providing links to unauthorised content is illegal (No mention of viewing streamed material / content? This again spekas volumes??).

judge
01-02-13, 01:16
Law is defined & proved in different Countries, still a massive grey area...

fintannl
01-02-13, 11:35
darned if i can figure how to register a username/password on iceilms. i can see a members login option and yes i can register on the icefilms forum but at a loss on how to register

dlmlus
01-02-13, 16:52
could you not ask that ? on the forum you mentioned.

dlmlus

drx360
01-02-13, 17:07
LOVE this plug-in!!!

cwebb66
01-02-13, 19:33
well if you lend your friend or neighbour a legally bought video or dvd you are breaking the law even makeing a copy of that dvd or video is still copy right laws in the uk , as for streaming i think it is a grey area and i think the point that is being made is could vix or world of sat afford to be shut down or be invovled in it as a matter of princables or just taking a chance on allowing it on there software or web site , i think that would be the question

fintannl
01-02-13, 21:17
so could someone help me with my stupid question of how to register on icefilms?

micscave
01-02-13, 23:14
so could someone help me with my stupid question of how to register on icefilms?

I think you need to register on the movreel site mate.

Flyingpig
01-02-13, 23:15
Yes, sorry, you dont have to register Icefilms, you need to put your details of username and password into the res.conf file. Then MovReel will work.

As far as I was aware Sharebees wasnt working - but some of the films from Sharebees seem to work on mine... Ah well. A search will find the author on another site which seems dedicated to IceFilms.....

FP.

Flyingpig
01-02-13, 23:20
well if you lend your friend or neighbour a legally bought video or dvd you are breaking the law even makeing a copy of that dvd or video is still copy right laws in the uk , as for streaming i think it is a grey area and i think the point that is being made is could vix or world of sat afford to be shut down or be invovled in it as a matter of princables or just taking a chance on allowing it on there software or web site , i think that would be the question

Not true. If you buy a CD you can make a backup of that CD, same for books, records, casettes etc. You are not allowed to ditribute, but not being a grey area, it is not illegal. If you have a DVD - you purchased, you can watch, the law does not say you cannot take that to your neighbours or lend it to them. What it does say is that you cannot do it for money or more specifically you cannot profit from the unauthorised lending of copyrighted material.

Streaming is not a grey area at all, it is really straight forward. The author of the website can be prosecuted, the streamee (the person recieving the stream) cannot in any way be prosecuted. That is unless they are re-distributing and making a profit.

If you think it is illegal, please tell me what law it is against, and why it breaks that law? You cannot just the phrase copyright if you dont understand the term and legality of copyrighted material - which is very onerous!!!

Out of interest a lot of Beatles music came out of copyright this year...

river-rat
02-02-13, 20:04
great plugin, for me search and about ect only takes me back to the a-z and no links work

river-rat
02-02-13, 20:07
I think you need to register on the movreel site mate.

correct mate i joined and added details to the res file to stop the 2gb limit?

fintannl
02-02-13, 21:05
ok, have registered on movreel but when i try and play a film the system restarts with the following error.
http://movreel.com/2eiwpjn0arkc
/home/root
Loged in as: myusername
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/ActionMap.py", line 46, in action
File "plugin.py", line 274, in go
File "resolvers/res_movreel.py", line 40, in resolve
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'group'
(PyObject_CallObject(<bound method ActionMap.action of <Components.ActionMap.ActionMap instance at 0x1e8b440>>,('SetupActions', 'ok')) failed)
getResolvedKey config.plugins.crashlogautosubmit.sendAnonCrashlog failed !! (Typo??)
getResolvedKey config.plugins.crashlogautosubmit.addNetwork failed !! (Typo??)
getResolvedKey config.plugins.crashlogautosubmit.addWlan failed !! (Typo??)
]]>
</enigma2crashlog>
</crashlogs>
</openvix>

any ideas appreciated as this plugin would seem to have huge potential. have updated res.conf with correct user and password info. do i need to set attributes for res.conf or some other file

sonna
04-02-13, 13:40
ok, have registered on movreel but when i try and play a film the system restarts with the following error.
http://movreel.com/2eiwpjn0arkc
/home/root
Loged in as: myusername
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/ActionMap.py", line 46, in action
File "plugin.py", line 274, in go
File "resolvers/res_movreel.py", line 40, in resolve
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'group'
(PyObject_CallObject(<bound method ActionMap.action of <Components.ActionMap.ActionMap instance at 0x1e8b440>>,('SetupActions', 'ok')) failed)
getResolvedKey config.plugins.crashlogautosubmit.sendAnonCrashlog failed !! (Typo??)
getResolvedKey config.plugins.crashlogautosubmit.addNetwork failed !! (Typo??)
getResolvedKey config.plugins.crashlogautosubmit.addWlan failed !! (Typo??)
]=]=>
</enigma2crashlog>
</crashlogs>
</openvix>

any ideas appreciated as this plugin would seem to have huge potential. have updated res.conf with correct user and password info. do i need to set attributes for res.conf or some other file

Mine now crashes even though I have my user and pass in the conf file.

fintannl
04-02-13, 18:12
what is strange is when i select for example the film 'beetlejuice' it indicates its from sharebees and it plays just fine. when i select a film such as 'bedtime stories' it indicates he source is 2shared and when I try and play it (like any other '2shared' movies) it simply has a think about it and reverts back to previous screen. my guess on this is that i don't have a user account set up on 2shared. So if i did setup an account on 2shared would i simply add another user password line within res.conf. How will that user/pass differ from the below to differentiate movreel from 2shared. And would my vix system simply restart all over again. Note hat I am running vix version 589 at the moment which is a very current version. My res.conf file looks like this

#please register for a free account at movreel.com and enter your user and passw here to bypass 2gb limit for unregisterd users...

movreel_user = "username"
movreel_pass = "password"

thanks

fintannl
04-02-13, 18:31
would the restarts possibly be due to a lack of codecs available in the base vix system

Larry-G
04-02-13, 19:07
would the restarts possibly be due to a lack of codecs available in the base vix system

As far as i'm aware There are no software Codecs in Enigma 2, Media playback is handled via hardware and drivers.

Rob van der Does
04-02-13, 19:10
As far as i'm aware There are no software Codecs in Enigma 2, Media playback is handled via hardware and drivers.
Correct, and a bit of help from GStreamer.
Anyway: a plugin not finding his targets should not let Enigma crash.

Larry-G
04-02-13, 19:13
a plugin not finding his targets should not let Enigma crash.

I couldn't agree more.

fintannl
04-02-13, 21:14
was any supplied info associated with restarts of any help or can ye please say what you need to be better informed of prob. Thanks

fintannl
05-02-13, 00:21
its great that many programs do work on this platform. is it possible to run it on a dm800

river-rat
05-02-13, 16:09
last 3 days im getting a lot of vix crashes on this add on? for a week was faultless, and help?

sonna
06-02-13, 14:25
last 3 days im getting a lot of vix crashes on this add on? for a week was faultless, and help?

As previously advised, I don't think the latest Vix updates have helped. Not that its the Vix teams fault. The maker of the plugin will need to rectify this if they choose to.

river-rat
10-02-13, 19:08
today i updated the xtrend, 115 upates, all done, rebooted, removed the plugin re added, 5 movies all crashed

scrupples
10-02-13, 21:01
unfortunately billionuploads have introduced a captcha in their system so the films wont work until a work around is found and implemented.

Do the films work from other links?

sonna
11-02-13, 10:33
I think I can only get 180upload to work now.

river-rat
11-02-13, 18:55
i have tried movrell my username etc in the file but crashes

hilly
11-02-13, 19:04
watched the whole lot of the new sly 1 series "revolution" yesterday with very few problems

with movreel in dvd not hd.

marty
11-02-13, 19:09
watched the whole lot of the new sly 1 series "revolution" yesterday with very few problems

with movreel in dvd not hd.

Any good M8? Looks good but I'll wait for it to be on Sky (prefur HD and 5.1 :p )

shizik
11-02-13, 19:18
i have no problem or crash on icefilms , if one link doesn't work i change to one that work . no more crashes if link not working .

hilly
11-02-13, 19:26
Any good M8? Looks good but I'll wait for it to be on Sky (prefur HD and 5.1 :p )

enjoyed so far but its half way through the series of 20 episodes which must have been for the xmas break.

Flyingpig
15-02-13, 15:38
With the new updated IceFilms plugin - do I have to remove the old version or install over the top?

Thanks,

FP

Rob van der Does
15-02-13, 15:42
With the new updated IceFilms plugin - do I have to remove the old version or install over the top?
As it's only a half-a-minute job to de-install, I would play on safe.

Flyingpig
16-02-13, 01:32
Thanks RVD....

I have never had this crash on me at all, and I installed 1Channel earlier as well (I dont know why)... since then lots of crashes..... Arrghhh!!

garyblas
08-04-13, 20:14
just ftp'd latest icefilms to Vu duo box all works but no search engine ?
Is their a later level that you can type name of film you want to watch like on 1 channel?

Hotchef
14-05-13, 07:29
The plugin will be on the feed once the next build is ready.
In the meantime you can install the attached ipk.

Is this attachment working well with the latest vix image on solo2?

thanks

chucknorris666
14-05-13, 07:52

thanks

It works yea, but I don't think its been updated in a while, try media portal or TSMedia, I prefer TSmedia

Hotchef
14-05-13, 07:56
It works yea, but I don't think its been updated in a while, try media portal or TSMedia, I prefer TSmedia

From my reading TSMedia doesnt work with the latest vix image.

Or is there a new version that works now?

tanks

Larry-G
14-05-13, 08:02
From my reading TSMedia doesnt work with the latest vix image.

Or is there a new version that works now?

tanks

its TSpanel that does not work well with ViX, TSmedia although i dont use it should be ok.

Hotchef
14-05-13, 08:13
just been reading about tsmedia

It sounds like the newer version is not so stable

Is anyone running the latest 2.1 version with the latest vix on solo2?

If not what version is working well with solo2

thanks

chucknorris666
14-05-13, 08:25
I installed it last night and it seems to be ok have not had any crashes yet. 1channel feed aint working due to the site being down but all the others seem fine :)

chucknorris666
14-05-13, 08:26
I'm using it on a solo2 on vix 3.0 build 664

Rob van der Does
14-05-13, 08:36

This question was about MediaPortal. And yes, the version on the feeds is up-to-date as far as I know (but if you know of a more recent working version please tell me).

chucknorris666
14-05-13, 08:44
This question was about MediaPortal. And yes, the version on the feeds is up-to-date as far as I know (but if you know of a more recent working version please tell me).

So sory rob, did not read the full thread I just assumed he was asking about ice films plug in as the title says, yes media portal works brilliant on the solo 2 running latest vix, and the one in the feeds is the current version.

skippie
14-05-13, 10:05
tspanel and tsmedia are both working perfectly on gigablue quad with latest vix

Sent from my V972 Core4 using Tapatalk HD

Rob van der Does
14-05-13, 10:10
I'm pretty sure you're going to find out why we warn against TS-Panel very soon.....

chucknorris666
14-05-13, 10:10

TSmedia works perfect on the solo 2 latest vix, have not tried TSpanel myself due to all the warnings about it changing system files and constant crashing. Might give the new version ago thanks :)

chucknorris666
14-05-13, 10:11
I'm pretty sure you're going to find out why we warn against TS-Panel very soon.....

Is it really that bad mate? Or well maybe not give it a go then.

Rob van der Does
14-05-13, 10:16
Is it really that bad mate? Or well maybe not give it a go then.
And worse: proper de-installing is not possible.
So if you want to try it, make sure you have a recent (settings and image) backup, so you can reflash the easy way.

putitonthewall
14-05-13, 10:29
version 2.1 working on Duo with VIX 3.0 image.

would love if they could add the fix for the missing virtualkeyboard in TV search. everytime it updates i have to put the fix in manually. ggrrrrrr

its a great plugin, but my wish list would add the icefilms TV shows at well and the 1channel

chucknorris666
14-05-13, 10:32
And worse: proper de-installing is not possible.
So if you want to try it, make sure you have a recent (settings and image) backup, so you can reflash the easy way.

I don't mind doing a fresh reflash no backup only takes about 10 mins.

skippie
14-05-13, 12:56

I use Tspanel since long and haven't had problems so far.

Rob van der Does
14-05-13, 12:59
I use Tspanel since long and haven't had problems so far.
In ViX? If so, then you have made only a very limited use of the box. Usually one of the first problems one encounters, is the loss of mounts.

skippie
14-05-13, 18:36
yes in openvix, no problems so far. (using vix for 6 months now). And I'm using the receiver about 8 hrs a day avg.

Hotchef
16-05-13, 07:45

I loaded the latest TSmedia on the latest vix this morning.

It i has started great, only a quick flick around thou.

A question is do you need to subscribe somewhere to use all the features?

Or does it just work?

Thanks

satcat
16-05-13, 08:42
it just works m8,, no subs needed,,cheers satcat

Larry-G
17-05-13, 07:25
yes in openvix, no problems so far. (using vix for 6 months now). And I'm using the receiver about 8 hrs a day avg.

in that case great for you, you seem to be the rare exception. it is however true that TSpanel interferes with the ViX image in many ways including messing with mount points and timeshift just to name two, it also overwrites system files rendering a full uninstall impossible.

johnsilver
16-06-13, 12:32
Hi, any help appreciated.
I have the icefilms plugin which is working fine on my vu+ duo running the latest vix image apart from
some of the stuff has NO AUDIO, can anyone help please ?

duoduo
16-06-13, 13:12
What's your issue?

duoduo
16-06-13, 13:14
Sorry misread, if you mean the audio issue then i find a full reboot often solves problem of not the issue is with the film

dotts
15-07-13, 23:57

This is probably a really stupid question, but how do I install this file to the image.

thanks in advance

Larry-G
16-07-13, 00:09
you can either place the .ipk file onto a USB stick then while watching live TV ( making sure no menu's are open ), insert the stick and follow the on screen prompts.

or

FTP the .ipk file to /tmp/ or /var/volotile/tmp/ then on the receiver navigate to Blue button> ViX> install local extension and install it from there.

duoduo
16-07-13, 08:53
Dotts go to feeds (download section) and install tsmedia plugin, you will have icefilms and a whole lot more.

dotts
17-07-13, 20:51
Thanks guys sorted :)

steevieboy4u
23-07-13, 12:08
Yippee…………Got got ice films to work using the ipk file uploaded by Rob van der Does (on page2) many thanks.

Tried for ages to get 1channel to work on my Vu+Duo with the latest Vix image, but everytime I loaded the plugin it crashed my box and made it reboot. I was just about to install the TSpanel and try and install 1channel via that (but for once I read the entire thread) and saw again what Rob van der Does said ……….about it messing up Vix – So glad I didn’t :p

Many thanks to ALL at Vix

Rob van der Does
23-07-13, 12:43
That plugin is now really very old.
You could try TS-Media from the feeds.

Armpit1UK
23-07-13, 13:45
I tried to install TS Media last night for that purpose and it failed install stating insufficient memory. It did allow me to install fastscan from the feeds however.:confused: I am running VIX version 702 on my TM-2T.

steevieboy4u
03-08-13, 12:28
The TS-Media plugin is definitely the best option, installed and removed the ice flims plugin - Thanks.

Been reading about the xbmc plugin is that better than the TS-Media and Ondemand plugins (currently got both of these installed and love em) or does it do a different job?

Rob van der Does
03-08-13, 12:50
Been reading about the xbmc plugin is that better than the TS-Media and Ondemand plugins (currently got both of these installed and love em) or does it do a different job?
You have a home entertainment machine running XMBC then?

steevieboy4u
04-08-13, 12:08
No....I thought it was just a plugin that could be downloaded onto my Vu+? Ooops :confused:

Larry-G
04-08-13, 12:14
No....I thought it was just a plugin that could be downloaded onto my Vu+? Ooops :confused:

It is but it's very early in the project and as such very few working plugins for it, none of which have the iplayer or at least did not the last time i checked it.

Rob van der Does
04-08-13, 12:24
The XMBC plugin will allow you to connect your STB to an XMBC-machine (so the tuners can be used).

Larry-G
04-08-13, 12:31
The XMBC plugin will allow you to connect your STB to an XMBC-machine (so the tuners can be used).

he means this one.

http://www.et-view-support.com/Forum/showthread.php?12017-Plugin-XBMCAddons-for-running-xbmc-addons-with-enigma2&

I have a repackaged .ipk installer that works on my receivers but i'm on a really bad connection today and cant upload it here.

Larry-G
04-08-13, 12:47
he means this one.

http://www.et-view-support.com/Forum/showthread.php?12017-Plugin-XBMCAddons-for-running-xbmc-addons-with-enigma2&

I have a repackaged .ipk installer that works on my receivers but i'm on a really bad connection today and cant upload it here.

ok here we go, this is a older version so it does not have the iplayer in it but you can grab that from the link i posted above.

steevieboy4u
04-08-13, 23:36
Thanks i'll give it a try.