PDA

View Full Version : Latest drivers no included in the 551 update ?????

warajoker
03-01-13, 23:16
updated the GB QUAD and the drivers that were included in the 547 update haven't seemed to have been included in the 551 vix update. I maybe wrong but the drivers on 551 are dated 17/12/12 and they were dated 2/1/13 on 547 when I viewed the changes in the log?

so it seems the latest drivers that were included in the 547 update haven't been included in the 551.

Mr. Mister
03-01-13, 23:31
I looked for these drivers last night and could find no mention of them at all anywhere..

The Gigablue forum itself also has no mention of them at all..

judge
03-01-13, 23:34
Menu -> Information -> About will show you the driver versions being used.
Not all of us have a GB QUAD to test on, so can you check there & report driver version on both build 551 & build 547.
A settings back-up will work on both images, so you should be up & running in no time.

pooface
04-01-13, 00:23
Are you sure it's drivers for the gigablue quad and not one of the other boxes being supported by vix/oe-a?!

Sent from my iPad using that Tapatalk thingy

Larry-G
04-01-13, 00:27
also be aware that drivers are kernel dependent.

warajoker
04-01-13, 01:44
it seems that the drivers that im talking about has now also been deleted from the openmips archive. so now the driver that I am on about doesent exist anymore so please close this thread

this was yesterday
gigablue-quad-drivers-2.6.37-2.8-20121121.zip
gigablue-quad-drivers-2.6.37-2.8-20121128.zip
gigablue-quad-drivers-2.6.37-2.8-20121217.zip
gigablue-quad-drivers-2.6.37-3.1-20120611.zip
gigablue-quad-drivers-3.3.8-20130102.zip

this is today
gigablue-quad-drivers-2.6.37-2.8-20120928.zip
gigablue-quad-drivers-2.6.37-2.8-20121019.zip
gigablue-quad-drivers-2.6.37-2.8-20121116.zip
gigablue-quad-drivers-2.6.37-2.8-20121121.zip
gigablue-quad-drivers-2.6.37-2.8-20121128.zip
gigablue-quad-drivers-2.6.37-2.8-20121217.zip
gigablue-quad-drivers-2.6.37-3.1-20120611.zip

really strange that it has been deleted

also be aware that drivers are kernel dependent.

Rob van der Does
04-01-13, 08:58
If 'gigablue-quad-drivers-3.3.8-20130102.zip' was indeed there recently, it looks like they are experimenting with a new kernel. And, only guessing, a good reason for the drivers to have been deleted would be if there are serious problems with them.
Anyway: drivers for a new kernel obviously do need that new kernel (3.3.8). Did you find any sign of that?

Sicilian
04-01-13, 09:23
New kernel being testing, not ready for public release yet.

warajoker
04-01-13, 10:38
that explains it. but I don't why they would put it up for users to download tho
New kernel being testing, not ready for public release yet.

Stanman
04-01-13, 11:00
Probably some one hitting the wrong key but good to know new kernel is being worked on and hopefully be a nice post Xmas present:thumbsup:

warajoker
04-01-13, 11:02
fingers crossed gb Ethernet comes after
Probably some one hitting the wrong key but good to know new kernel is being worked on and hopefully be a nice post Xmas present:thumbsup:

Cus2k
04-01-13, 11:57
then I would signal that yesterday also released driver kernel 3.5.1,
I wrote it in their board they said they can not, however I have also downloaded, their behavior is a bit superficial
to reassure those who have spent so much money for their products, it would be logical to let customers know, their intentions not treat them like moron

Mr. Mister
04-01-13, 12:23
it would be logical to let customers know, their intentions not treat them like moron

Thats quote of of no use to anyone..

And this subject has been pretty much covered a few weeks ago on other forums..

Lets not start this again..

Ever heard of the saying.. " Good things comes to those who wait " .. ??

Do you think talking like that solves anything.. ??

Do you not think that Gigablue are trying their best to get the new kernel released.. ??

Do you not think that its in their best interests as well for a new kernel release.. ??

So whats the point in your statement.. ??

I got 2 Gigablue Quads.. and to be honest.. They are doing everything i really need them to at the moment..

Everyone knew the issues that the Quad had before they bought their boxes.. Its a brand new box.. and you MUST expect some issues..

Time is the factor here that will fix everything..

Cus2k
04-01-13, 12:30
Thats quote of of no use to anyone.. and this subject has been pretty much covered a few weeks ago on other forums..

Do you not think that Gigablue are trying their best to get the new kernel released.. ??

Do you not think that its in their best interests as well for a new kernel release.. ??

I got 2 Gigablue Quads.. and to be honest.. They are doing everything i really need them to at the moment..
I just said they should be serious rather than deny that was published yesterday a driver on kernel 3.x
I believe they have to do the best for gigablue, but when I bought the quad there was a GigaLan directions, or kernel 3.x
my money arrived immediately, instead they (and you) are you saying that I have to wait, but then they could expect me to pay you a day?

Cus2k
04-01-13, 12:38
Thats quote of of no use to anyone..

And this subject has been pretty much covered a few weeks ago on other forums..

Everyone knew the issues that the Quad had before they bought their boxes.. Its a brand new box.. and you MUST expect some issues..

Time is the factor here that will fix everything..

add:
I do not want to debate with you, but do not tell me that I must be patient, this patient was not included in the box to purchase, also you are not the owner of gigablue, so you're a user like me.
if you're happy I'm happy for you, when I'm satisfied with other products and I can assure you that I've had many.

Mr. Mister
04-01-13, 12:47
Like i said.. EVERYONE knew the issues before they parted with their money.. If you didnt know the issues.. Perhaps you should have been reading a bit more before you parted your hard earned cash..

If your unhappy.. I suggest for the next box you buy.. Make it a box that has been tried and tested..

The box is only a few months old.. So like it or not.. Your sorta testing the box for Gigablue..

Can you honeslty say that you did not expect issues when you bought the Quad.. ??

If your answer to that is " No ".. Then i guess your pretty nieve ..

Cus2k
04-01-13, 12:59
Like i said.. EVERYONE knew the issues before they parted with their money.. If you didnt know the issues.. Perhaps you should have been reading a bit more before you parted your hard earned cash..

If your unhappy.. I suggest for the next box you buy.. Make it a box that has been tried and tested..

The box is only a few months old.. So like it or not.. Your sorta testing the box for Gigablue..

Can you honeslty say that you did not expect issues when you bought the Quad.. ??

If your answer to that is " No ".. Then i guess your pretty nieve ..
we are on two different ideas, you will make a personal matter and I do not understand why ..
all new decoders have a period of setup, but here you get to overdo it, you do not know with what decoder you're used to, but certainly xtrend and vuplus show that everything can be done if you want to solve.
But maybe the problem is that gigablue not develop an internal drivers and this can be a problem because if you do not pay external developers, gigablue not have drivers, and drivers cost money.

Also if I go into a store and see a product I buy it, it is not mandatory to go to forum to read about this product, in Europe there are laws that protect us from fraud fortunately, so be careful.

Mr. Mister
04-01-13, 13:08
You have clearly NOT read my last post..

You had to come to forums to find out about the receiver.. ??

You had to come to forums to get images for your previous boxes.. ??

so why not read the reviews about the box you were interested in buying.. ??

In short.. If i were that disappointed with a box that i had bought.. I would sell it and buy something different..

Very easy solution..

You can please some of the people some of the time.. But you can't please all of the people all of the time..

marty
04-01-13, 20:44
I find my Quad perfectly useable as is :D but I must admit it wouldn't kill the various manufacturers to keep us vaguely updated from time to time (ie say they are working on summut and it 'might' be released in the next X months)

warajoker
04-01-13, 22:02
mine does everything I need it to do. it would be good for them to inform us what they are working on. as the amount of times I have listed my quad up for sale and changed my mind before payment. the only reason I wanted to sell it is so I could use GB Ethernet but I have high hopes and think it will come.

Mr. Mister
04-01-13, 22:48
Im sure the reason that they are not saying anything is that they do not know when the fixes will be made..

its exactly the same thing as the Vix Image used to do.. There never ever was any kind of date given for a new release..