PDA

View Full Version : Problems with HD channels on thor 1 west with VU+ solo2

putta
03-01-13, 20:34
Have problems with HD channels on thor receiving interference in the form of mosaic in the picture?? Has anyone the same troubles or is it a known problem?
Have tried the same cable from a Quad LNB with my Panasonic TV and there it is problem-free and also those other outputs on quad lnb works to an ultimo and a duo so just solo2 that has the problem.

Other satellites 13gr, 19gr and 28gr works great on all channels.

Have tried both the original image, BH and Vix and the same problem at all.

Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks in advance

Techno007
03-01-13, 20:44
Not helpful I know, but all seem OK on my Solo2

putta
04-01-13, 11:36
After more testing TV4 HD and Kanal5 HD working perfect.

SVT 1 HD picture good 2-3 sec but after few seconds there are mosaic
SVT 2 HD picture good 2-3 sec but after few seconds there are mosaic

And the rest are mosaic as follow

TV3 HD
NAT GEO Wild HD
NAT GEO HD
Animal Channel HD
History Channel HD
Eurosport HD
ESPN America HD
Discovery HD
BBC HD

Anyone?

Larry-G
04-01-13, 11:58
what SR values do these have ?.

i only ask as the Uno had a problem with SR 30,000 which needed a FPGA upgrade.

putta
04-01-13, 12:33
The SR for this channels are 30000...what can I do if that is the problem?

Thanks

Sicilian
04-01-13, 13:09
Wait for others to test, could just be something simple like your dish alignment causeing the mosaicing.

putta
04-01-13, 14:18
I have now tested a another lnb and dish but same problem.

//P

Larry-G
04-01-13, 14:20
Best to wait for a few others with this receiver to test and post back their results.

drzaphod
04-01-13, 15:07
I am running here from Stockholm using the Thor at 0.8W and Astra on 4.8E and they both works fine for me. No issues with HD channels or anything. I have more an issue with trees that has becoming to big for my dish. :)

bobi
04-01-13, 18:45
Same here, using the Norwegian card acctualy but all the HD channes that are on this card are fine, like History, Discovery, Nat Geo , all HD are fine.
I had this problem before when i used BH for SOLO2 but now with ViX all is fine here

cheers

bobi

putta
04-01-13, 18:56
Maybe I try ViX and see if it work...what do you think...can original and BH image be the problem?

Thanks

Larry-G
04-01-13, 19:08
Maybe I try ViX and see if it work...what do you think...can original and BH image be the problem?

Thanks

you have nothing to loose by trying.

putta
04-01-13, 19:34
I have now tested ViX and it is the same problem...same channels and only HD???

//P

Sicilian
04-01-13, 20:12
After more testing TV4 HD and Kanal5 HD working perfect.

SVT 1 HD picture good 2-3 sec but after few seconds there are mosaic
SVT 2 HD picture good 2-3 sec but after few seconds there are mosaic

And the rest are mosaic as follow

TV3 HD
NAT GEO Wild HD
NAT GEO HD
Animal Channel HD
History Channel HD
Eurosport HD
ESPN America HD
Discovery HD
BBC HD

Anyone?

No issues with any of those channels here, i'd say you have an alignment issue.

putta
04-01-13, 20:18
And what can that be ????

I dont now what to do...

//P

Sicilian
04-01-13, 20:20
And what can that be ????

I dont now what to do...

//P

Call in an engineer/installer to check alignment of your dish/lnb. Sounds like your dish may just be slightly out of alignment.

putta
04-01-13, 20:31
I have 3 dish and it is the same problem with all of them with solo2...one torodial,one 90cm and one 180cm and all my other recivier works great with the dishes and lnb...the dishes is ok and the 3 different lnb is ok with other recivier with HD channels...have try ultimo,duo,lyngbox and no problem with the dish and lnb...hope you understand my english

//P

putta
06-01-13, 09:58
Have now tried just about everything, it feels like ... different LNB, three antennas, changed cables, different image but the result is the same ... problems with HD channels on Thor except 4HD and Kanal 5 HD ... all the other HD channels I find on 28,19,13 works..... have received tips on SR 30.000 may be the problem but how to fix it there and that I should wait if more people have the same problem or it's something that needs a real update in fact solo2 software.

So I'll have to wait or what do you think?

Thanks so far

//P

Sicilian
06-01-13, 10:03
There is no problem with SR30000 channels on the Solo2, you either have a faulty unit or an issue with your setup.

Are you using a genuine subscription card? Softcam issue maybe?

putta
06-01-13, 10:20
I using a conax modul ver 4.00 and a original Canal Digital Card (for sweden )....this setup works with my other reciviers like Ultimo,Uno and Lyngbox.

saxon
06-01-13, 10:30
tested from the uk all fine here snr 83% working fine

beson
06-01-13, 11:20
I using a conax modul ver 4.00 and a original Canal Digital Card (for sweden )....this setup works with my other reciviers like Ultimo,Uno and Lyngbox.

Have you tried using the internal cardreaders, instead of a conax modul?

putta
06-01-13, 11:32
Not yet...i dont now how I get internal cardreader....

putta
06-01-13, 11:48
I have between 91-100 % in signal strength in all channels and 70-83 % in signal quality for 4HD and Kanal5 HD but for the other HD channel I have around 50 % in signal quality...is it to low for the HD...but it works for ultimo and uno...has solo2 more sensitive tuner....I have tryed with Invacom and Gt-sat lnb....should I go for something else quad lnb?

Thanks for your all responses

beson
06-01-13, 13:20
Not yet...i dont now how I get internal cardreader....

As long as your'e using modul, it doesn' matter which image you have flashed.
The CA modul makes all HW encoding, without any further SW.
As nobody else seem to have your problems, skip the modul and use int cardreader.

So my advice is that you flash with VIX, dl oscam from here
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=ViX-Softcams/
Install oscam, make the config and use internal cardreader.

putta
06-01-13, 15:52
Thanks...I will test this....when I have dl it to a computer/usbstick (its that right) ...what is the next step?I am not so good at this....

Thanks

gravedigger
08-01-13, 13:52
I was having a similar kind of problem.

I have since done a stable update from 6th January and it seems to of sorted out my picture issues.

Hope this helps :)

putta
08-01-13, 16:50
Many many thanks....is it a original image update from Vu + you have done?

putta
08-01-13, 16:57
Or maybe it was this openvix-3.0.553-vusolo2_usb.zip update ...do you also have a conaxmodul and original card?

bobi
08-01-13, 21:23
Maybe this is cam problem and not the box it self, have you think of it.
why do you not use the interial card reader, use ViX image and CCcam and the card is readed from the card reader, try that
Maybe the box do not like the CI cam you use :-)

cheers

bobi

putta
08-01-13, 21:56
Thanks for your answer.....I have try different conaxcam but it dont work....were can I find CCcam in ViX image?

Thanks again

Rob van der Does
09-01-13, 05:14
You might want to try the latest beta-driver for your box. Unzip the file from

http://archive.vuplus.com/download/drivers/beta/vuplus-dvb-modules-vusolo2-3.3.6-4.4.3-20130108.tar.gz
to /lib/modules/3.3.6-1.2/extra (and make a backup of the old drivers there if you want to. I found no problems using these drivers.).

Change log:
- Enhance overall tuner performance.
- Fix tuning failure in specific TP
- Fix radio BG

Tkr001
09-01-13, 05:15
Download from here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=ViX-Softcams/) and copy the ipk files to /tmp then use the install local extensions from the VIX menu

jabe65
18-03-13, 16:07
Hi!
putta, did you ever get the issue with the HD channels resolved? I've experienced the same issue as you. I'm also subscribing to Canal Digital and was a bit surprised when the HD channels got distorted on my brand new Solo 2, when they were displaying fine using my old Canala Digital decoder.

I've spent a lot of time troubleshooting this, and the other evening I think I found the cause. I worked along the line that it was some sort of problem with the CAM communication, and by chance I altered the setting High bitrate support from Yes to No and back, and much to my amazement, the HD channels started decoding OK.

I've found that if I reboot my box, I need to go in to the menu and toggle this value to get the HD channels to decode OK, which in my world would suggest a bug :-)

I hope this helps you out.

uapgodi
18-03-14, 16:25
Hi
Please can you send me instructions how to put enigma 2 in my lyngbox.
Thanks
uapgodi@mail.telepac.pt