thinking of getting a vu solo 2
whats people over thought/ reviews on this box
is it worth the money
is it worth me swapping my vu duo for it
how are people finding it to use
any other general thouhgts

Rob van der Does
03-01-13, 19:57
It really depends on your needs. For me it's a perfect relieve of the DUO, and cheap for what it does.

Stanman
03-01-13, 20:57
If you can afford it buy it or may be better to hold off for the DUO - faster CPU and swappable tuners

saxon
03-01-13, 21:05
just pick one up today so far very impressed lightning fast but i think it will come in to its own in a few months when the devs start harnessing the power of these boxes as with others on the horizon i may be wrong but i would imagine with all the extra processing power we are going to see some great things happening in the very near future

Del Boy
04-01-13, 00:31
I've got two arriving tomorrow, can't wait - I agree and think that exciting stuff is round the corner. It's all becoming very much common place. One wonders when the fun may stop

v8rick
04-01-13, 10:53
mine came on 28th i have never had linux box before.
its all set up with Vix and running.
i used to wait for stb to boot but with solo2 its running and waiting
for TV to come on.I normally wait and see reports on new gear but this time
i jumped in straight away and glad i did.
I'm well impressed

bobi
04-01-13, 18:48
Im not impressed with the Picture quality realy. otherwise the box is fast and working smoothly.
Maybe pic quality is dipended on drivers, give it some time and there will be beter drivers i guess.
if you can wait why not wait for the Duo2

cheers

bobi

Rob van der Does
04-01-13, 20:46
Im not impressed with the Picture quality realy.
Lol: I compare it here with my UNO, Ultimo, DUO, ET5000, ET9200,TM-Twin and Mara9 and the Solo2 has by far the best picture of all. Both on HD & SD channels. Using the same feeds, channels and TV.

Tkr001
05-01-13, 00:46
My Solo2 was shipped ex Germany yesterday. Guess it will take a week or so to arrive. Can't wait to see how much better it is than my Duo. Oh and I would have purchased from our sponsor but they don't ship to NZ :(

ferrari312
05-01-13, 21:25
think its an awesome box... watching it share the tuners with XBMC in "Live TV" without any issue apart from changing port from 80 to 81 was surprising, it just worked.

picture quality on TV is good IMO ... from XBMC its not brilliant but i haven't really looked into that config.

Also streaming movies from XBMC media server to VU solo2 using dlna has worked flawlessly - albeit on wired LAN...

its not bad at this satellite stuff either :0

Rob van der Does
05-01-13, 22:17
......its not bad at this satellite stuff either :0
Euuuuhhhh wasn't that the main function of the box :D

Hespy
06-01-13, 11:40
I know it's just a plugin, but airplay works extremely well on the solo2. It's so handy while watching tv and playing with an iPad to be able to press a single button and straight away see your pics / hear music on the tv, without having to switch to another device like htpc.