03-01-13, 16:18
hi to all.i cannot install tspanel via ipk file
using build 521
just getting bad magic number
will tspanel return to the feeds at all
thanks

Mr. Mister
03-01-13, 16:24
Maybe some of the other mods/admin can correct me if i am wrong..

But i think it was removed due to stability issues..

Can i ask whats in it that you need. ?

Larry-G
03-01-13, 16:27
You need the mips32el version if you want to install TS-panel in ViX 3.0, although as MR.Mister pointed out we have recently removed TS-panel from our own image feeds due to it's sloppy coding and the way it hacks into system files causing instabilities in the image.

leonius
03-01-13, 16:40
ahh ok thanks for your info
i used tspanel for the file explorer.the file explorer in the feeds is good but cannot edit infomation in certain files
like i did with tspanel
is there another plugin that will let me do this
or were to get the mips32el version ipk
thank you for your help guys

Rob van der Does
03-01-13, 19:43
Dreamexplorer?

leonius
03-01-13, 21:31
Dreamexplorer?

thanks rob dreamexplorer does what i need
no need for tspanel anymore

Rob van der Does
04-01-13, 06:43
thanks rob dreamexplorer does what i need
no need for tspanel anymore
Good. TS-panel is really something to avoid (I learned that the hard way).

redribo
04-01-13, 07:34
goodmorning,
can you explain us what is the really problem with tspanel?

thank you

Sicilian
04-01-13, 08:01
goodmorning,
can you explain us what is the really problem with tspanel?

thank you

Can you explain why you need it?

Rob van der Does
04-01-13, 08:13
As said before: TS-panel overwrites a number of system files of any ViX-image. Obviously that leads to problems, and de-installing doesn't help. So a reflash of the box is required to get it working again.
And on top of that: I can't think of any reason why to use it. And I really tried........

redribo
04-01-13, 08:30
ok i uderstund,
the ts panel overright system files and then there are problems with the image.

thank you

2Hot
05-01-13, 04:47
As said before: TS-panel overwrites a number of system files of any ViX-image. Obviously that leads to problems, and de-installing doesn't help. So a reflash of the box is required to get it working again.
And on top of that: I can't think of any reason why to use it. And I really tried........

I just upgraded to Build 552 and I tried to ftp tsPanel to tmp folder but not possible.

I need tsPanel cos I can easily download cams and cfg needed to run my vu duo to watch premium channels. Pls can you point me to how I can manually install cams on this build? I have been looking for existing links to no luck. Otherwise, I don not really need tsPanel.

Thanks.

saxon
05-01-13, 10:24
i think one of the worse things is with TS panel is that you end up installing a lot of stuff of there witch gives your lovely VU a nice Black screen as a lot of it is for Dreambox and i think it can also take the fun out of setting your box up i think the best way to learn how your box works is to set it up from scratch ftp everything learn to do backups ETC and then when you are ready to watch tv you have a great idea how everything works (just a opinion)

Tkr001
05-01-13, 11:06
cams are <<- click me->> here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=ViX-Softcams/).<<- click me->> Copy them to the tmp directory and then use install local extension in Menu>Setup>VIX to install. You will need to copy and cfg files to the appropriate directory as well.