PDA

View Full Version : how do I find a new satellite?

johnny99xx
21-09-10, 17:51
Hiya all,

I flashed my VU+duo today with the VIX image,
Thanks for all the info as I found it really easy.

I have a SLX motor which has DISqE 1.2 but not USALS

When I started the box in config, for some reason it locked onto Astra 19.2E

can somebody please explain how to programme a new sat (Astra 28)
As i would like to watch something in English tonight!!!!!

Thanks all

johnny99xx
21-09-10, 17:55
I don't know what I've done, but it worked
I programmed in Astra 28E
set a new scan, but first it went back to Astra 19E, scanned that one first, then motor change to Astra 28E and scanned that
so all is cool!!!!

If i add another sat, will this rescan the other saved 2 sats first? or is there a way around this?

pooface
22-09-10, 11:29
I'm guessing you set the scan to do an automatic scan?!

If you added the other satellites, and did a manual scan, telling it to scan just the satellites you want, then it shouldn't bother with scanning the other 2 satellites...

Kefalonia
21-01-11, 11:42
My VU+ duo with Vix 1.3 does something similar.

If I move my satellite dish to 1W and then ask the receiver to do an automatic scan it moves my satellite dish automatically to 34E.

Does anyone know why this happens?

Larry-G
21-01-11, 11:55
what bouquet files are you using and how old are they ?

Kefalonia
29-01-11, 22:06
I am using the bouquet files supplied with VIX 1.3.
The original files present following a fresh install.
They are a week old.

silverfox0786
07-02-11, 01:03
I am using the bouquet files supplied with VIX 1.3.
The original files present following a fresh install.
They are a week old.

there are none within the vix image fresh install

you sure your using vix or have not installed bouquets from the feed

johnny99xx
07-02-11, 16:08
My VU+ duo with Vix 1.3 does something similar.

If I move my satellite dish to 1W and then ask the receiver to do an automatic scan it moves my satellite dish automatically to 34E.

Does anyone know why this happens?

to be honest mate, i don't have a clue what i did before and I had the exsact same problem as you
I'd try for astra 19 or hotbird and my dish would move in the oposite way
but, after several problems and numerous crashes from vix 1,3 image,(usals did not work and every time I used to manual find satellites my box would crash).
I went back to open pli 2.0 beta and its great and for some strange reason I have usals (my motor hand book states only the 'go to x function' and not compatible with usals)
the first 3 months I had my box I only had astra 28.2, now using open pli, Ive got approx 8 different sats using a 65cm dish in the south west of England and If I can be bothered I could get a few more

jusaju
08-02-11, 02:03
to be honest mate, i don't have a clue what i did before and I had the exsact same problem as you
I'd try for astra 19 or hotbird and my dish would move in the oposite way
but, after several problems and numerous crashes from vix 1,3 image,(usals did not work and every time I used to manual find satellites my box would crash).
I went back to open pli 2.0 beta and its great and for some strange reason I have usals (my motor hand book states only the 'go to x function' and not compatible with usals)
the first 3 months I had my box I only had astra 28.2, now using open pli, Ive got approx 8 different sats using a 65cm dish in the south west of England and If I can be bothered I could get a few more

Hi
Usals is same as go to x.

So .... some other problems... I think.

johnny99xx
10-02-11, 14:11
Hi
Usals is same as go to x.

So .... some other problems... I think.

must of been the vix image then, cheers for that mate, I didn't know they were both the same