PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to change the VFD display to show the time and date instead of channel

im85288
02-01-13, 13:36
Just wondering if anyone knows what I should edit to get the VFD to show the date and time (as it is when the box is in standby) when the box is actually on? Or alternatively where to edit to get the time added to the channel number display when the box is not in standby? I am using the latest ViX image and the metropolis xmbc skin if that makes any difference. Coming from owning an Ultimo (which is now upstairs!) the one thing I really miss is the clock on the front :(

Any help would be much appreciated.

pr1s0m
02-01-13, 17:25
There is a plugin in the feeds called Permanentclock or Permenanttime can't remember as I'm not near box atm

Menu > Plugins > Green button > Extensions

im85288
02-01-13, 17:59
There is a plugin in the feeds called Permanentclock or Permenanttime can't remember as I'm not near box atm

Menu > Plugins > Green button > Extensions

Thanks I did try that already, for some reason I cannot reposition the clock on the screen. And more importantly I would rather have the clock in the display rather than the screen. I also tried one called PermanentVFDClock (or something)...but this made no difference when activated.

pr1s0m
02-01-13, 19:23
When I get home from work ill look though skin xml file and tell you what to edit

Larry-G
02-01-13, 19:38
When I get home from work ill look though skin xml file and tell you what to edit

Yes thats the best way to go about it but remember, you will have to create a User skin.xml file as any changes made to the default one will be overwritten upon a image update.